gtk2desklet 3.1

Under development: PCMCIA, wireless, etc.
akash_rawal

#61 Post by akash_rawal »

recobayu wrote: 1. Can gtk2desklet do the transparent in vbox when i use scrollable="true"? how?
When you set scrollable=true, gtk creates a new X window for the contents of the vbox. This foils the transparency and I cannot think of any workaround.
recobayu wrote: 2. Can gtk2desklet do the blur transparent? so it's like unity in ubuntu.
I'm too lazy to do that :oops: , and even if I enable it, it isn't going to work with real transparency.

mikeb

#62 Post by mikeb »

Well inspired by your drive icons for puppies 5+ I then find this little beauty so I played with my version of pmount and came up with a drive icons widget.... does the usual...yellow for 'locked' drives, play media buttons, hide empty optical, eject and no script polling....mut provides a binary backend so cpu usage is erm like nothing registered. (the original had 10% spikes every 2 seconds...)
Made for 4.12 to have one 4k script instead of ..well you know. Yet to try but should be ok for even older gtk2desklet permitting as its not using udev (bleeding stubborn that was)

so erm thanks for useful stuff.... :)

mike

a piccie..ignore the frame text..I only added the drive names to have something there :D
Attachments
icons.png
(66.26 KiB) Downloaded 948 times

mikeb

#63 Post by mikeb »

Ah.... a reread found those transparent buttons .... oh yes :)

A couple of questions.....
yad works but stays on top of other windows... not sure if you are familiar with it but I have the sources to play with.

I was testing on older pups ... they set the background using xsetroot so I added the _XSETROOT_ID variable to your source which detected the background pixmap but then gdk complains its only 1 bit depth and displays a highly skewed transparancy.
If I add Esetroot and imlib2 and set wallpaper with that all works correctly but its a bit of overkill and not so portable.

Oh and in transbuttons.rc...how do I change the button text colour...nothing I do seems to work...one has gtk mental blindness syndrome

regards

Mike

mikeb

#64 Post by mikeb »

Ok in gtk 1 rox puppies it seems the wallpaper is stored as is...a binary copy of the jpg or whatever.... that is then displayed as wallpaper via gtk....performed by puppybackgroundsetter....xsetroot is similar. Such data is meaningless to such as gtk2desklet even if the needed variable giving the location of the image is set.. I found the wallpaper setter extracted from WindowMaker does the job nicely keeping the wallpaper and apps using gtk2desklet happy.
mike

mikeb

#65 Post by mikeb »

Ah ha...thats better...now translucent backgrounds for the text on the now dummy buttons.....
Attachments
icons2.png
(36.91 KiB) Downloaded 876 times

mikeb

#66 Post by mikeb »

Refinement... the CD gets a 'play' button but this machine has no optical drive..
Attachments
butties.png
(39.03 KiB) Downloaded 941 times

mikeb

#67 Post by mikeb »

OOoo works on puppy 2.12 too :)
retro bunny with naughty drive icons.....
mike

brokenman

openbox gtk2desklet on bottom layer

#68 Post by brokenman »

When using gtkdialog in openbox I can assign a certain dialog to a bottom layer in the openbox rc.xml file. This would look like this:

<application title="MyWindow">
<layer>below</layer>
<desktop>all</desktop>
</application>

When opened, this gtkdialog app (with <window title="MyWindow">) stays on the bottom. All other windows will cover it and clicking on it does not bring it to the foreground. This is the behaviour I would expect from a desklet. However, when I use the same gtkdialog window started with --gtk-module=gtk2desklet then the layer command is ignored and the application comes to the front. The dialog has no decorations and is transparent. Any idea how I can keep this on the back layer in openbox? Thanks.

brokenman

#69 Post by brokenman »

Ok please forget that. I see your code:

gtk_window_set_keep_below(GTK_WINDOW(win), TRUE);

The problem appears to be on my end. Probably between the seat and the keyboard.

mikeb

#70 Post by mikeb »

The problem appears to be on my end. Probably between the seat and the keyboard.
:D yes I seem to have a problem with that component too....

trio

#71 Post by trio »

Hi,

When using --geometry option, trans button doesn't work

Thanks