Forum downtime and issues today

News, happenings
starhawk

#81 Post by starhawk »

PM ally -- who has over 1000 ISOs archived already... ;) helped me find a few somewhat recently, to do with Puppeee, and I was able to add one (TigerPup) to that collection as well, through the efforts of myself and another member.

Snail

PM problems

#82 Post by Snail »

I have received an automatic email from the forum saying that I have 1 new PM (Time Yesterday at 2.05am). There is no new mail in my inbox, it is showing 50% full.

A PM I tried to send some hours ago is in my outbox. Shouldn't it be in the sentbox? Has it gone?

I presume this problem is why a standard post has also vanished, in spite of appearing to post fine when I submitted it. Was a long one too!

starhawk

#83 Post by starhawk »

"Outbox" PMs have been "sent" but not opened by the recipient.

EDIT: there is a member on the forum who likes to create controversial threads, and sometimes posts (invariably ones that this member does not particularly like) wind up deleted... could you post a link to the thread in which your post should be?

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#84 Post by Flash »

Someone could have sent you a PM, then gone to his Outbox after the forum sent you a notification and deleted the PM before you read it. Anything's possible. I just discovered that it's topologically possible to turn a bubble inside out without breaking its skin.

Snail

Forum behaviour

#85 Post by Snail »

Thanks starhawk and Flash,

My missing post went here, or was supposed to:

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=88085

Can't think of any reason it would have been deliberately deleted, it must have been a random glitch. I posted it and was able to go back and see it but now it's gone. I posted a terser one to replace it.

Is there a document anywhere on how to actually use this forum technically, as opposed to etiquette? After 100's of posts, I still don't remember all the ins and outs.

starhawk

#86 Post by starhawk »

Not sure what's up with that. The member I had in mind has not posted in that thread.

Monsie

#87 Post by Monsie »

Hi all,

I am noticing today, and over the past couple of days that I am getting dropped connections with the Forum. Without any warning, I suddenly find that I am logged out... :? Has anyone else been having similar issues lately or do I need to look at the connection from my end?

Monsie
Last edited by Monsie on Thu 29 Aug 2013, 03:37, edited 1 time in total.
My [u]username[/u] is pronounced: "mun-see". Derived from my surname, it was my nickname throughout high school.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#88 Post by Flash »

Monsie, the forum is set to time you out after 2 hours with no activity. Could that be it?

Monsie

#89 Post by Monsie »

Flash, I did not know that. In any event, that is not the case for me. Now that I think about it, I remember that this was happening on my Windows 7 notebook... :oops: but, I don't think it was happening on my 1999 Puppy desktop! :lol:

I did do some updates on my notebook this evening which included a wifi package, so maybe that will make a difference. If it turns out that I experience dropped connections while running Puppy also, then it could well be my broadband connection. The thing is, that I have been able to access other websites even after being dropped (logged out) from the Forum... :? I do have to give my router/modem device a "kick" every so often (re-boot) because I lose my internet connection altogether.... (I am waiting for a firmware update). If my router is acting up, then it seems to me there could be occasional packet loss which would contribute to dropped connections wherever I am browsing. It could well be that I am only noticing it at the Forum since that is where I spend a significant amount of time compared to other sites... so, I will have to monitor my situation more closely over the next while.

Monsie
My [u]username[/u] is pronounced: "mun-see". Derived from my surname, it was my nickname throughout high school.

James C

#90 Post by James C »

For what it's worth, I'm logged into the forum a lot....... no problems here.

Monsie

#91 Post by Monsie »

Thanks, James C

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more likely it seems to be something not quite right at my end...

Monsie

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#92 Post by Flash »

Yes, the forum was down for about 6 hours today. John Murga fixed it. That's all I know about it. :)

musher0

#93 Post by musher0 »

Hi, Flash.

Phew, I'm sure glad the forum's back online! I almost went into withdrawal! :wink:

Many thanks to John Murga.

musher0
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

cthisbear

#94 Post by cthisbear »

" Yes, the forum was down for about 6 hours today.

John Murga fixed it. "

:::::::::::

You do understand the seriousness of these outages Flash.

There might be an infinite number of people waiting for
a sarcastic post from me.

Not happy Jan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2akt3P8ltLM

Chris.

mikeb

#95 Post by mikeb »

Actually I found it a welcome break...reminded me there is more to life.... all i need to do now is get one

mike

tlchost

#96 Post by tlchost »

Flash wrote:Yes, the forum was down for about 6 hours today. John Murga fixed it. That's all I know about it. :)
Would be interesting to know:
A. What was the problem
B. What was the fix

Griot

#97 Post by Griot »

Hello mods/admins.

Strange but I'm not receiving info (e-mail) about new posts in topics I'm 'watching'. It all started two days ago when I wasn't able to view forum pages for almost 12 hours. :?: I'm pretty sure that was not a problem with my ISP because everything else was fine, torrenting included. 8)
Thank you.

starhawk

#98 Post by starhawk »

Was down for me for a while too -- and now I'm getting the occasional error message on submitting (smack me, I didn't write it down!)...

Hey John, did something fall off a table over there?

don570

#99 Post by don570 »

I get an error message when I post as well, however the posting
is successful. Every thing else is okay.

starhawk

#100 Post by starhawk »

Same here... it gives an error... phantom or otherwise, it seems to work anyways.