NDISWRAPPER in Puppy - PERL and Vim also working good :-)

Under development: PCMCIA, wireless, etc.
JohnMurga
Site Admin

NDISWRAPPER in Puppy - PERL and Vim also working good :-)

#1 Post by JohnMurga »

Hey

My 900k Perl package seems to run all of the scripts I threw at it.

INCLUDING - NdisWrapper :-)

Now, NdisWrapper doesn't like the default Puppy "cp", so I did have to edit the script to use "cp-FULL", but after that it works like a dream ;-)

The modified version can be found on this message.

The 250k Vim and and 900k Perl can be found here :

http://www.murga.org/~puppy/viewtopic.php?t=53

NOTE - Vim cannot be extracted directly to /usr as it conflicts with the existing executable, please rename it to "vim" or something ;-)

Cheers
JohnM

Marv

Thanks for Perljavascript:emoticon(':D')

#2 Post by Marv »

It's very useful to be able to set up ndiswrapper directly in puppy now. I had been using DSL 1.0.1 to set up the ndiswrapper and copying it across but this is much better. Running a NAT box with a foxconn (RT2500 chipset) wireless board and a Realtek 8100 eth0 on a 1.01 multisession puppy. Slick and sturdy!

Thanks again. :D

figueroa

Re: NDISWRAPPER in Puppy - PERL and Vim also working good :-

#3 Post by figueroa »

JohnMurga wrote: The 250k Vim and and 900k Perl can be found here :

http://www.murga.org/~puppy/viewtopic.php?t=53

NOTE - Vim cannot be extracted directly to /usr as it conflicts with the existing executable, please rename it to "vim" or something ;-)

Cheers
JohnM
VIM is indeed working. Thank you very much. VIM complains that it can't find a terminal type "LInux" at startup. The cure for that is to change the line in /etc/profile that sets TERM=linux to TERM=ansi. That doesn't seem to affect anything else. As usual, your mileage may vary :wink:

After extracting to a directory, before copying the files to the system, I changed the executable name to vim and redid the symlinks to point to vim instead of vi. I didn't want to clobber the vi built into BusyBox just on principle. In the default system, vi is a symlink in /bin that points to BusyBox. If you deleted that symlink, you could install directly from the new vim archive.

Well done, John.
Andy Figueroa
figueroa@philippians-1-20.us

Paul

Where is VIM and PERL?

#4 Post by Paul »

I followed that link but couldn't find the downloads for VIM or PERL? Am I looking in the wrong place?

figueroa

Re: Where is VIM and PERL?

#5 Post by figueroa »

Paul wrote:I followed that link but couldn't find the downloads for VIM or PERL? Am I looking in the wrong place?
Try again. It works. Perl is an attachment with the first message and VIM with the second message.
Andy Figueroa
figueroa@philippians-1-20.us

danleff

#6 Post by danleff »

John,

Your files worked finer for me! I have ndiswrapper up on your version, as well as the Mozilla version of 1.0.2.

I plan to add to my wiki page at some point, for reference. I would link to my own web page for the actual article. Is it OK if I reference your files in my how-to?

Or, if all prefer, I can do it all in wilki. I just don't know how many pages one can have on their personal wiki. I'm pretty new at wiki!
I love it when a plan comes together

--Hannibal Smith