Scavenger game

Play with your Puppy.
GuestToo
Puppy Master

Scavenger game

#1 Post by GuestToo »

Scavenger game

Scavenger is a cool arcade/thinking game very much like Lode Runner.
You've got to run around and collect objects while avoiding enemies.
Some objects are buried and you've got to dig down to get at them.
It's an addictive game and some of the levels are devilishly (cruelly)
complicated to solve.

http://www.xdr.com/dash/scavenger.html

(Note: installing the cheat movie in /root/.scavenger will overwrite your own levels.scl movie file)

(original dotpup was made by HarryE)
Attachments
scavenger-cheat.pup
Scavenger Cheat Movie
(67.75 KiB) Downloaded 1647 times
scavenger.pup
Scavenger package by HarryE
(151.6 KiB) Downloaded 1812 times
scavenger1445.pup
Scavenger package by GuestToo
(183.09 KiB) Downloaded 3123 times

markst

Scavenger

#2 Post by markst »

The link to the scavenger.pup file is not working. This is a great little game.....can you fix this or put a new link up for the scavenger.pup. My kids love the game and since I installed 2.12 on a machine....I can't find and locate the file. (Also I am a noob so compiling is not something I know how to do.....hence my desire for the pup file.) Thanks.

Mark

GuestToo
Puppy Master

#3 Post by GuestToo »

yes, all the attachments on the forum are broken since the forum was recently updated ... i don't know when it will be fixed, or even if the powers that be have plans to restore the attachments (nobody tells me anything around here ... :-) )

i do have most of my own dotpup packages that were hosted as attachments to this forum, including the scavenger dotpups ... i could easily send you a copy, one way or another

markst

please send file scavenger.pup and any other scavenger files

#4 Post by markst »

Thanks!

Please send the file to me at <email adresss removed>

Much appreciated! :P

MU

#5 Post by MU »

please upload somewhere, as send me a PM with link and corresponding forum-message, then I'll upload to dotpups.de with a link.

G2, I'll send you access-information for FTP, as you have a lot of files.

If you plan to upload many, it would help me, if you could save them in an own subfolder with categories , like

incoming/guesttoo/Filemanagers/mc.pup

They should represent the categories here:
http://dotpups.de/dotpups

Mark

GuestToo
Puppy Master

#6 Post by GuestToo »

if i login to the forum i can see the attachments, but i can't see the attachments if i am not logged in ... if you are not logged in, you could try logging in and maybe you can see the attachments

i'll send you a copy anyway

you probably should edit your post and delete your email address, to prevent spam bots from getting it ... never mind, i deleted your email address myself, using my mod powers ... put it back if you really want it there
Last edited by GuestToo on Sat 02 Dec 2006, 18:45, edited 1 time in total.

MU

#7 Post by MU »

I can't see any attachments in this thread or others.
Mark

GuestToo
Puppy Master

#8 Post by GuestToo »

i can see the 3 scavenger attachments, so it's probably just the way the forum permissions have been configured (it's probably using the defaults)

dotpup and unleashed packaged probably should not be hosted on the forum anyway, except temporarily ... but there needs to be at least one repository of some kind set up ... someone asked me if i would manage a dotpup server, but i really was not in a position to do it at the time

anyway, i think i have all of the packages that were on the forum that were linked to on my dotpups wiki page ... i do not have the packages that were linked to from the Contributed page

but i think all the attachments are online, it's just a question of setting the permissions so that people can access them ... or even see them ... John can see them, of course, because he's the owner and admin