muppy & puppy 2.10, Error on flashdrive install

Booting, installing, newbie
jared

muppy & puppy 2.10, Error on flashdrive install

#1 Post by jared »

Hi,
I have just used the universal installer to put puppy version 2.10 on a new flash drive. After booting I get this error.

Error, cannot find puppy on usb flash boot media. Pupmode+1 Pdev1+ Kernal panic-not syncing-attempted to kill init.

I saw somewhere that there was a bug which created this problem and it was fixed in 2.11. But the link to the fix this that I saw is no longer good.

I get the same problem with muppy4.

Anyone have any idea where the bug fix file can be found?

I would upgrade to 2.12 but there is a problem with the video on my machine.

Thanks

Jared

jared

#2 Post by jared »

Well I took care of this issue by installing puppy ver 2.12ZDRV to the flash drive. As soon as I read the instruction somewhere that when one used gparted to redo the partition, then on needs to also set the "flag" to "bootable". Seems to work fine now :-)

Don't know what's up with muppy and the puppy ver 2.10 in this regard, but it is no longer relevent at this point. I can wait for the updated muppy when it arrives.

Thanks

Jared

jared

#3 Post by jared »

Well, well, well. Seems I spoke too soon. While the flash drive with ver 2.12ZDRV loaded on a vat 16 partition, worked the first time it booted, after I shut it down and saved to the file that puppy generates, it wouldn't work any longer. I get the error

exec: 1259 chroot=not found, kernal panic etc

What do you think?

Jared