help compiling wine with opengl support?

Using applications, configuring, problems
coffeemonster

help compiling wine with opengl support?

#1 Post by coffeemonster »

Wine 0.9.26 on puppy 2.11 problem...

I have the source code for wine. When i run configure it tells me that opengl and direct3d support will not be available, it can't find the opengl libs.

I have installed various xorg packages which should give me opengl support, and glxgears runs ok. I suspect i am missing an opengl devel package, but after much googling i still have no idea if this is true, or where to get such a thing.

I'm using an acer laptop with an SiS m661 fx/mx chip, if that helps.
I want to use wine to run windows games - i assume that this is not possible without opengl/d3d support...

Help please!!

MU

#2 Post by MU »

create a symlink:

ln -s /usr/X11R7/include/GL /usr/include/GL

Be shure there is no /usr/include/GL yet, some software like ATIs drivers install unneeded headers there (I should fix that in the Ati-dotpup)..

Mark

coffeemonster

wine

#3 Post by coffeemonster »

Thanks Mark, that fixed the compile problem.

Now winecfg works (having installed two pups to set up the environment) and i managed to use the windows installer to install a graphical game BUT when i try to run the game, wine chokes and says opengl not available!

Am i missing something obvious here? It looks as though opengl was not needed by the installer hence that worked ok... Does anyone have any ideas?