VPN CyberGhost, Anyone use it.

For discussions about security.
purple379

VPN CyberGhost, Anyone use it.

#1 Post by purple379 »

Which of the Free VPN easily implement in Puppy Linx? I would rather not spend a lot of time testing.

Scooby

#2 Post by Scooby »

yeah and I would rather not spend a lot of time answering

s243a

#3 Post by s243a »

I'd either go with something opensource or instead with our emails you pay a small fee for. I tried a free VPN before and thought that there was too much Spyware. However, if this VPN that you mention has good reviews then maybe I'll give it a try. One thing that I'd look for is to see if you can run the installer as spot.

labbe5

VPNBook is the answer

#4 Post by labbe5 »

Generally, VPN are made with Windows users in mind, for this reason few are made for Linux, and when they are available for Linux, it is only for Ubuntu. Fortunately, Puppy being cameleon-like, Puppy users can use a VPN for Ubuntu with an Ubuntu-based Puppy, anything based on Precise up to Vivid.

But i would go for VPNBook. It's open source, free, available on demand when privacy is needed in a hotspot (coffee shop, public library, airport, etc). You must have OpenVPN installed beforehand, and nearly all OS have it in their repository.

I refer you to the post VPNBook and OpenVPN in Security section to learn how to use the terminal in order to use VPNBook.

In the end, Windows users pay for a VPN based on something open source and free to use (OpenVPN); Linux users are wiser.

bark_bark_bark

#5 Post by bark_bark_bark »

The only VPN I have used and trusted is AirVPN.

s243a

#6 Post by s243a »

ahhh....It came back to me. The malware loaded vpn that I tried a few years back is called "hotspotshield"
http://www.lavasoft.com/mylavasoft/comp ... pot-shield

Which is why, I would avoid free VPNs that are closed source.