Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 13 Nov 2019, 08:44
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
DebianDog - Wheezy
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 63 of 99 [1481 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, ..., 97, 98, 99 Next
fredx181

PostPosted: Sun 12 Apr 2015, 06:51    Post subject:  

William wrote:
I was transcoding some videos using ffconvert and also checked out its screencast x11grab capabilities, which are very good by the way. However, there is a problem in DebianDog - by default audio isn't being captured in screencast. I since tracked the problem down in the ffconvert script - it checks if /dev/mixer is present as a character device; if it isn't present, which it isn't in default DebianDog_jwm, ffconvert screencast audio is disabled.

Installing oss-compat may be the solution, /dev/dsp and /dev/mixer will be created then (after reboot).
Did't test if screencast from ffconvert works this way though.
If it works we could add oss-compat as a dependency to the ffconvert deb package.

Fred
mcewanw

PostPosted: Sun 12 Apr 2015, 09:20    Post subject:  

fredx181 wrote:

Installing oss-compat may be the solution, /dev/dsp and /dev/mixer will be created then (after reboot).
Did't test if screencast from ffconvert works this way though.
If it works we could add oss-compat as a dependency to the ffconvert deb package.
Fred

Thanks for the idea Fred.

Yes, I thought /dev/dsp and /dev/mixer might be related to oss and installing oss-compat sounded promising, but quick check with ffconvert failed with log message: EDIT: works after all, see EDIT message below.

Code:

[alsa @ 0x98d9020] cannot open audio device hw:0,0 (Device or resource busy)

Might be a way round that. I don't know and heading for bed. I'll have another try tomor row. Otherwise, for safety and simplicity I'd just go with Toni's workaround of manually creating /dev/mixer char device from ffconvert script unless some other app turns up that needs the device.

EDIT: Just had a quick second try since I was surprised oss-compat would muck things up. Did a quick ps aux and noticed I had an ffmpeg process still running in background holding onto alsa, and that was the issue. So, yes, installing oss-compat does the job and only a few tens of kb extra uncompressed.

William

saintless

PostPosted: Sun 12 Apr 2015, 11:38    Post subject:  

Hi, Fred.

See my edit2 here:
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=839907#839907
I think we can keep the menu in both versions as it is with remastering scripts but if you have better idea I'm open for suggestions.

Much better solution for ffconvert Smile I will replace the deb with oss-compat dependency later.

Toni

fredx181

PostPosted: Sun 12 Apr 2015, 12:35    Post subject:  

Hi Toni,

Looks very promising but I got this error:
Code:
Unpacking remaster-scripts (1.0.1) ...
dpkg: error processing archive /root/remaster-scripts_1.0.1_i386.deb (--install):
 trying to overwrite '/usr/local/bin/apt2sfs-cli', which is also in package apt2sfs 1.0.2

(I still have apt2sfs 1.0.2 installed from the DD install I'm posting from right now)
Maybe you added the apt2sfs scripts by accident?
I'm almost finished modifying these with added /tmp and /, will post later.
Very nice, advanced postinst script, btw Smile
The concept might be useful for some other packages in the future.

Fred
saintless

PostPosted: Sun 12 Apr 2015, 12:48    Post subject:  

fredx181 wrote:
Maybe you added the apt2sfs scripts by accident?

Yes, sorry about that. I tested on fresh openbox and jwm versions. Deb package replaced with removed /usr/local content.

Toni

saintless

PostPosted: Sun 12 Apr 2015, 13:00    Post subject:  

Ffconvert with higher version number (1.4.2-1) uploaded here:
http://smokey01.com/saintless/DebianDog/Packages/Updated/
It is available in dd-repository and running apt-get upgrade will inform you ffconvert is kept back (because oss-compat is not dependency of the previous deb package).
apt-get dist-upgrade will auto install the new ffconvert.
To see the fix (changes from previous package) and install only ffconvert use:
Code:
apt-get update
apt-cache search ffconvert
apt-get install ffconvert

The fix is added here:
http://smokey01.com/saintless/DebianDog/Packages/Fixes/Fixes-after-02.02.2015.txt
http://kazzascorner.com.au/saintless/DebianDog/DebianDog-Wheezy/Packages/Fixes/Fixes-after-02.02.2015.txt
and in fixes post here:
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=776368#776368

Toni

fredx181

PostPosted: Sun 12 Apr 2015, 13:22    Post subject:  

Hi Toni,

Nice!
Code:
Setting up remaster-scripts (1.0.1) ...
Openbox version detected.
Menu entry exists.
Menu entry exists.

Smile

Fred
saintless

PostPosted: Mon 13 Apr 2015, 03:11    Post subject:  

Hi, Fred.

jessie-fixes.tar.gz replaced with oss-compat dependency in ffconvert deb here:
http://kazzascorner.com.au/saintless/DebianDog/DebianDog-Jessie/
http://smokey01.com/saintless/DebianDog/Packages/Fixes/

BTW do not install the wget and libxml2 ubuntu debs from my post here as they are.
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=839194&sid=c2c20c96b57dc61041308d0f67dd79bb#839194
I will mod them with the same version number (no other change in the debs) as official sid packages and remove them from preferences file. Instead I will hold them with apt-mark hold. Then I can install development tools without problems. Libxml2 must be the exact version number as the official in SID. Some packages depend on this version number.

Toni
anikin

PostPosted: Mon 13 Apr 2015, 05:21    Post subject:  

Hi Toni, Fred et al,

I downloaded initrd.img-sid from kazza repo, unpacked it and am staring at the structure. Toni, I suspect you have patched/modded it. Can you, please provide some details? I must have missed the discussion again.

Thank you in advance.
saintless

PostPosted: Mon 13 Apr 2015, 05:54    Post subject:  

Hi, Anikin.

Nothing patched or modded in initrd.img-sid. It is created without libicu52 installed (otherwise it adds around 25Mb inside initrd.img) and because live-build package has a bug, cryptsetup files are not created by default if you run update-initramfs. The fix is adding CRYPTSETUP=Y in front update-initramfs line.
Read these posts:
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=834558&sid=056d04ab43115d4edceb91f1dc5756d8#834558
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=834630&sid=056d04ab43115d4edceb91f1dc5756d8#834630

Toni
fredx181

PostPosted: Mon 13 Apr 2015, 13:36    Post subject:  

Hi Toni,

Quote:
BTW do not install the wget and libxml2 ubuntu debs from my post here as they are.
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=839194&sid=c2c20c96b57dc61041308d0f67dd79bb#839194

Ok, thanks, I will see when you have made the mods for these.

Here's new apt2sfs (v 1.0.4) and ffmpeg2sfs modified, added /tmp and / to the options of where to create working directory and module.
Two versions of ffmpeg2sfs, for wheezy and jessie/sid added as separate scripts in the tar.gz.
I don't have good idea what to do with ffmpeg2sfs, add it to apt2sfs deb and make two different debs for wheezy and jessie/sid or make two ffmpeg2sfs debs?

Fred
apt2sfs_1.0.4_i386.deb+ffmpeg2sfs.tar.gz
Description  New apt2sfs and ffmpeg2sfs
gz

Download 
Filename  apt2sfs_1.0.4_i386.deb+ffmpeg2sfs.tar.gz 
Filesize  18.37 KB 
Downloaded  180 Time(s) 
fredx181

PostPosted: Mon 13 Apr 2015, 15:46    Post subject:  

Hi Toni, All,

Here are latest gtk-youtube-viewer version 3.1.2 debs for Wheezy and for Jessie/Sid (remove dummy .tar extension).
These doesn't have the hard dependency of mpv and included youtube-dl like the 'youtube-viewer_3.1.1-1_all.deb' has from here:
https://googledrive.com/host/0ByBgCDlZZ8K5bUsxVnhCTkhoZDA/Packages/YouTube/
But this time only just added in Description that mpv or vlc and youtube-dl are recommended.
If older gtk-youtube-viewer is already installed, the best is to remove first ~/.config/gtk-youtube-viewer and ~/.config/youtube-viewer before installing.

Edit: Re-attached new debs with some small changes:
- Small modification to /usr/bin/gtk-youtube-viewer so that it doesn't try to locate roxterm as terminal to use (e.g. for downloading) when creating ~/.config/youtube-viewer/gtk-youtube-viewer. (roxterm doesn't work as default terminal for gtk-youtube-viewer)
- Added as Recommends: mpv | vlc, youtube-get2 (includes youtube-dl) in DEBIAN/control file.

Fred

Last edited by fredx181 on Sat 18 Apr 2015, 12:56; edited 1 time in total
saintless

PostPosted: Tue 14 Apr 2015, 02:02    Post subject:  

Hi, Fred.

The debs libxml2_2.9.2+dfsg1-3_i386-mod.deb and wget_1.16.3-2_i386-mod.deb are uploaded here:
http://kazzascorner.com.au/saintless/DebianDog/DebianDog-SID/No-repo-packages/Modded/
But I need them for SID because the official debs will install libicu52 as dependency.
I think you do not need them for Jessie since official libxml2 and wget there do not install libicu52.

Ffmpeg2sfs should be separate package. If apt2sfs was the first deb version you make I would say to include ffmpeg2sfs inside, but we have older apt2sfs debs without ffmpeg2sfs included. Better to have separate ffmpeg2sfs.deb.
New apt2sfs with changed description line uploaded in section updated and available in dd-repository. Also remaser-scripts added. The fixes are visible after running apt-cache search package-name:
Code:
root@debian:~# apt-cache search apt2sfs
apt2sfs - Warning - This package works only in DebianDog! Fix after version 1.0.3: added option to choose location / or /tmp for working directory (in case you have only vfat or ntfs partitions available).

root@debian:~# apt-cache search remaster-scripts
remaster-scripts - Warning - This package works only in DebianDog! Includes scripts for full system remaster and creating squashfs module from changes. Added some extra cleaning in /var/log and option to choose / and /tmp as location for working directory (needed in case you have only vfat or ntfs partition available).

Fixes post updated with new information.

Latest youtube viewer added in repository and sid version uploaded here:
http://kazzascorner.com.au/saintless/DebianDog/DebianDog-Jessie/Packages/
http://kazzascorner.com.au/saintless/DebianDog/DebianDog-SID/Packages/
I'm not ready yet to start sid and jessie active repository as for wheezy. It should include all working in jessie and sid packages from wheezy. Or we can add wheezy to sid and jessie sources list and jessie and sid repo could include only higher version numbers for packages that need modding for sid and jessie. I guess we can have only one repo for Jessie and Sid now but in time Sid will have much newer packages versions (maybe incompatible with stable Debian)) than jessie has now. Better to start separate repositories with duplicate packages for SID and Jessie.

Toni

saintless

PostPosted: Tue 14 Apr 2015, 03:57    Post subject:  

Hi, Fred.

New youtube-viewer depends on perl from what I read but the old one on python. I'm not sure changing dependencies is a good idea for next version package. It should be separate perl based youtube-viewer conflicting with the python based in my opinion. For example downgrading the version is impossible. The new one is reinstalled and I get "can't install python message". To downgrade we need to remove the latest version and install the older one then. Does not seem logical for the same program with higher version number. It is more like two conflicting packages behaviour.
The python based works better for me. Type talianochka as searching word and try to play the videos with "Marina Deviatova" , "Марина Девятова" from the list. For example the top one: 02:43 min from the screenshot..
I get only sound without picture window and to stop it I need to type "killall mplayer". Even exit X does not stop the sound. I have mpv also installed but no change.
With older python based youtube viewer I do not have problem to play the same videos.

The searching result on the picture is latest youtube-viewer (the xhippo window is for the marked video cyrillic title and works well for it).

Edit: I will leave the repository with latest youtube-viewer as it is for now.
Edit2: Do both versions depend on perl but one has also python dependencies, Fred, or I miss something? Why we can't do simple downgrade installing the previous version manually on top of the latest version? I guess it is because the new version does not need python and it is available in repository with higher version number then. Maybe moving the python version in no-repo-packages section is the best solution.

Toni
youtube-viewer.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   53.25 KB
 Viewed   471 Time(s)

youtube-viewer.jpg

fredx181

PostPosted: Tue 14 Apr 2015, 11:54    Post subject:  

Hi Toni,

Quote:
New youtube-viewer depends on perl from what I read but the old one on python. I'm not sure changing dependencies is a good idea for next version package. It should be separate perl based youtube-viewer conflicting with the python based in my opinion. For example downgrading the version is impossible. The new one is reinstalled and I get "can't install python message". To downgrade we need to remove the latest version and install the older one then. Does not seem logical for the same program with higher version number. It is more like two conflicting packages behaviour.

First: I don't mind changing to another way as it is now, e.g. dependencies, but let me explain why I made new youtube-viewer package different::
gtk-youtube-viewer is designed to be a small application, depending on perl, some perl modules, gtk and (optional) some mediaplayer of choice.
The latest versions are able to read output from youtube-dl (which depends on python) and in combination with mpv or vlc you get the most out of it (no exceptions, even copyrighted videos will play, e.g. from "vevo")
The packaged version 3.1.1-1 I made has this ability, but gives the user no choice, depends on mpv and python (for youtube-dl included) and is, this way, a very big package.
So that's why I thought it might be better to make it a small package with less dependencies and leave it up to the user to install mpv and youtube-dl to get the full experience.

Quote:
The python based works better for me. Type talianochka as searching word and try to play the videos with "Marina Deviatova" , "Марина Девятова" from the list. For example the top one: 02:43 min from the screenshot..
I get only sound without picture window and to stop it I need to type "killall mplayer". Even exit X does not stop the sound. I have mpv also installed but no change.

Yes, that's bad, I didn't notice first because I always change the resolution to 360p instead of "original", can you try that first before playing a video, for me it works then to play the 02:43 min video from your screenshot.
I guess this has to do with with the newer version 3.1.2, so I'm not sure now I like this new version.
Edit: This seems to be a problem when using mplayer, using mpv works fine for me, to change mediaplayer to mpv, go to Menu> Preferences , search for "video_player_selected" and change to:
Code:
 video_player_selected        => "mpv",

Quote:
For example downgrading the version is impossible. The new one is reinstalled and I get "can't install python message". To downgrade we need to remove the latest version and install the older one then. Does not seem logical for the same program with higher version number. It is more like two conflicting packages behaviour.

How you tried to downgrade?
When version 3.1.2 is installed downgrade works fine for me:
Code:
root@dog:~# apt-get install youtube-viewer=3.1.1-1
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
  libclass-inspector-perl libfile-sharedir-perl libparams-util-perl
Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove them.
The following packages will be DOWNGRADED:
  youtube-viewer
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 downgraded, 0 to remove and 50 not upgraded.
Need to get 0 B/3833 kB of archives.
After this operation, 9011 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]?
dpkg: warning: downgrading youtube-viewer from 3.1.2-wheezy to 3.1.1-1
(Reading database ... 32548 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace youtube-viewer 3.1.2-wheezy (using .../youtube-viewer_3.1.1-1_all.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement youtube-viewer ...
Processing triggers for menu ...
Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils ...
Setting up youtube-viewer (3.1.1-1) ...
Processing triggers for menu ...
root@dog:~#

Edit: With the output from above I already had installed 3.1.1-1 before installing 3.1.2.

Below output from clean DD (installed first v 3.1.2, now downgrade):
(I thought this might be different case, but works OK also)
Code:
root@dog:~# apt-get install youtube-viewer=3.1.1-1
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
  libclass-inspector-perl libfile-sharedir-perl libparams-util-perl
Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove them.
The following extra packages will be installed:
  libasyncns0 libbs2b0 libcaca0 libcdio-cdda1 libcdio-paranoia1 libcdio13
  libdvdnav4 libenca0 libguess1 libjack0 libjson0 liblircclient0 libmowgli2
  libmpg123-0 libpulse0 libsndfile1 libsqlite3-0 libv4l-0 libv4lconvert0
  libva-glx1 libva-x11-1 libva1 libvdpau1 libvorbis0a libvorbisenc2 libwrap0
  libx264-132 mpv python python-minimal python2.7 python2.7-minimal
Suggested packages:
  libdvdcss2 jackd1 lirc pulseaudio nvidia-vdpau-driver vdpau-driver libaacs0
  python-doc python-tk python2.7-doc binutils binfmt-support
Recommended packages:
  tcpd libgl1-mesa-dri i965-va-driver libva-intel-vaapi-driver va-driver
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  libasyncns0 libbs2b0 libcaca0 libcdio-cdda1 libcdio-paranoia1 libcdio13
  libdvdnav4 libenca0 libguess1 libjack0 libjson0 liblircclient0 libmowgli2
  libmpg123-0 libpulse0 libsndfile1 libsqlite3-0 libv4l-0 libv4lconvert0
  libva-glx1 libva-x11-1 libva1 libvdpau1 libvorbis0a libvorbisenc2 libwrap0
  libx264-132 mpv python python-minimal python2.7 python2.7-minimal
The following packages will be DOWNGRADED:
  youtube-viewer
0 upgraded, 32 newly installed, 1 downgraded, 0 to remove and 50 not upgraded.
Need to get 16.3 MB/18.6 MB of archives.
After this operation, 49.6 MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]?

Edit2: Thanks for the wget and libxml2 modded debs, original wget does have dependency libicu52 on Jessie, original libxml2 doesn't.

Fred
Page 63 of 99 [1481 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, ..., 97, 98, 99 Next
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Jump to: