Are there any instructions on how to use ISO master

Booting, installing, newbie
kent41

Are there any instructions on how to use ISO master

#1 Post by kent41 »

Is there anyone who has used ISO master who could tell me where do you start with ISO master. I have looked but dont see any information on how to use it.
[size=75][color=darkred]Toshiba M35X S-111 - Aspire 5100-3357 using puppy 2.12 - 2.13 - 2.14 - 4.3.1 -
Bootable CD and no hard drive[/color][/size]
Acer Aspire 1 netbook using thumbdrive or CD

John Doe

Re: Are there any instructions on how to use ISO master

#2 Post by John Doe »

Are you talking about remastering the CD?

or is that a program somewhere?

trapster

#3 Post by trapster »

I believe he is referring to this:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... =isomaster

Follow the link on that page for the ISO Master homepage.
trapster
Maine, USA

Asus eeepc 1005HA PU1X-BK
Frugal install: Slacko
Currently using full install: DebianDog

kent41

#4 Post by kent41 »

Hi
I guess I must ask this question again because after looking at the above posts I still have no idea on how to use ISOMASTER.

I ask the question because when the new vesion on puppy (STAR) comes out I would like to upgrade to the new version. It is my understanding that I need to use ISOMASTER to extract three (3) files and copy them to my current puppy OS thumb drive.

I have loaded a ISO puppy CD and tried to open the CD with the ISOMASTER but without success.

I have gone to the ISOMASTER web site but the documentation lacks how to use ISOMASTER.

If some one knows how to use the ISOMASTER to extract the three files for update please post it.

EDIT: I mounted the CD and was able to see the CD files in the upper window of ISOmaster however I dont know what to do next. I think the key word here is extract files.

Thanks.
[size=75][color=darkred]Toshiba M35X S-111 - Aspire 5100-3357 using puppy 2.12 - 2.13 - 2.14 - 4.3.1 -

raffy

Mount OR Use ISOmaster

#5 Post by raffy »

ISOmaster is used only to open ISO files (the downloaded Puppy distro). So this is still the raw ISO file not yet burned to CD. You can get the files (that you mentioned) from the ISO this way.

Once the ISO is burned to CD, you can mount the CD and copy the files.

So the ISOmaster saves you from burning a CD just to get those files.
Puppy user since Oct 2004. Want FreeOffice? [url=http://puppylinux.info/topic/freeoffice-2012-sfs]Get the sfs (English only)[/url].

kent41

Re: Mount OR Use ISOmaster

#6 Post by kent41 »

raffy wrote:ISOmaster is used only to open ISO files (the downloaded Puppy distro). So this is still the raw ISO file not yet burned to CD. You can get the files (that you mentioned) from the ISO this way.

Once the ISO is burned to CD, you can mount the CD and copy the files.

So the ISOmaster saves you from burning a CD just to get those files.
Hi raffy

Ok it makes sense now, I have two way to get the updated files one by using the ISOmaster from the downloaded distro or from a ISO CD.

Thanks for the explanation
Kent