Lenovo T410 No Mouse Input

Please post any bugs you have found
pman1

Lenovo T410 No Mouse Input

#1 Post by pman1 »

I was trying Tahr Puppy out on my Lenovo T410 ( I won't be installing Puppy on this laptop , and the desktop I will be installing it on all works fine ) and the mouse pad does not seem to be supported. Just thought I would report this so it can be fixed .....

bigpup

#2 Post by bigpup »

Did you try to configure the touchpad?

menu->Setup->Mouse/keyboard Wizard->Touchpad
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

pman1

#3 Post by pman1 »

First I used the tab key to navigate the "Quick Setup" dialog to get to the "Dead Mouse ? " section and set and reset the two mouse options listed ( usb/ps-2 , serial ) without any results. That dialog disappears ( after the X-Window system restarts from the mouse change ) and leaves me with the "Welcome , this is the first time using tahrpup!" dialog. From that dialog I tabbed to "setup" . The "Puppy Setup" dialog then starts and I tabbed to the Keyboard/Mouse tile and selected the "Touchpad" tile. I then get a "!" dialog that states "Couldn't find synaptics properties. No synaptics driver loaded? " Not sure what this error indicates ( I can't seem to tab to the "Menu" button to try your suggestion ).

bigpup

#4 Post by bigpup »

Are you using Tahrpup 6.0.2?

If you can hookup an external mouse, that would help to make it easier to troubleshoot.

Any chance this could be the problem?
I could not find info on your model, but this was in the manual for another one.
You can enable/disable the touch pad by pressing F6
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

pman1

#5 Post by pman1 »

The F6 key doesn't seem to help. The strange thing is the touchpad seems to work for a split second before the boot-up is complete ( the mouse pointer moves a little bit in response to my finger movement and then just freezes ). Not sure if this is a driver issue ( anyway , I'm probably going to bed now , its getting late here! :lol: ).

pman1

#6 Post by pman1 »

Are you using Tahrpup 6.0.2?
Yes , I'm using the iso image "tahr-6.0.2_noPAE.iso" that I got from: http://distro.ibiblio.org/puppylinux/pu ... 20-6.0-CE/ yesterday. The Lenovo laptops are a little quirky ( they have a non-standard keyboard with function keys and things ) so maybe they are not fully supported. I don't know....

pman1

#7 Post by pman1 »

I think I figured the problem out. :oops: After I tried my Tahr Puppy disk out on some other computers , I found that the mouse input did not work on any of them. I decided to burn a new image of Tahr Puppy and now everything works properly ....