Any USB 3G modem software other then pgprs for Puppy?

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of networking hardware.
Wac

Any USB 3G modem software other then pgprs for Puppy?

#1 Post by Wac »

I am using pgprs to connect to the Internet, but many of the new modems don't work with it! Are there any other software for USB 3g modems that work on Puppy Linux? If yes are there any pet files for them? Would also prefer something that can also send and receive SMS's.

P.S. I am using Slacko 5.7

rerwin

#2 Post by rerwin »

Wac,
Pupdial also supports 3G and may be more robust than pgprs. I don't know whether it has been maintained in Slacko. You might try it in a precise pup, where dialup and mobile (3G) are fully supported.

If you are using a "new" modem, maybe the driver for it is old or not in Slacko puppy. Would you be more specific as to your hardware and the way in which pgprs "doesn't work". Another possibility is that the usb_modeswitch database is out of date for the newest modems.

I worked for many years on integrating 3G into pupdial and supplying usb_modeswitch to puppy, so should be able to help you out. I recently added pgprs-type logic to frisbee-1.3.x, so still have an interest in working with mobile wireless, even though I do not have such a modem myself.
Richard