No sound on Tarpup 6.0 (Solved)

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of computer audio hardware
mtzlplex

No sound on Tarpup 6.0 (Solved)

#1 Post by mtzlplex »

Hi guys
I am running a fresh install of Tarpup 6.0 (updated) / full install to hd / ext4 / on a e-machines T-5022 / 2.93GHz P-4 / 2 gigs of ram. It seems after checking the install, that my only problem is no sound. The info on my sound is: audiodevice (403) Intelcorp 82801 FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW / ICH6 Family / High def audio control (8086 : 2668)(revison 3). Any thoughts on if I will be able to achieve sound on this install and how, or is this another one of those linux situations where they did not write/include the drivers for this hw. Thanks for any info/support. P.S. a check with a linux mint live dvd produces sound, so hw is aok.
Last edited by mtzlplex on Fri 24 Jul 2015, 15:37, edited 1 time in total.

mtzlplex

#2 Post by mtzlplex »

Wow, 6 days/100 views, and not one reply. No one has had any ideas/tips/suggestions/any kind of support for my situation, interesting. Oh, well, it`s irrelevant now as I have figured out myself how to get sound in Tarpup 6.0 on my T-5022 emachines.

bigpup

#3 Post by bigpup »

See, you did not need any help. :lol:

I was going to offer some, but you say you figured it out.

To help others.

What did you do?
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

mtzlplex

#4 Post by mtzlplex »

I bought a external virtual 7.1 channel usb 2.0 audio sound card adapter on e-bay for $3.95 U.S.(free shipping 4 days to me), plug and play. Works perfect, sounds perfect on my full install to hd. As to if it will work on any other type installs, frugal or / live cd / flash drive, I wouldn`t have a clue.