How to install multiple pets at one time [SOLVED]

Using applications, configuring, problems
slavvo67

#21 Post by slavvo67 »

I'm not sure but I don't think your pet works in Quirky Unicorn (Barry's Version). It seems to keep trying to reinstall pets in my root directory. I don't normally keep pets in root, anyway but I found that interesting.

I'm going to rework my script, as well. I'll change it to work with Zenity or YAD and also have the option without a GUI for Slacko and other puppies.

I should have something by end of weekend.

slavvo67

#22 Post by slavvo67 »

Finally updated to Pet Installer Quiet-v8.

This one will choose a GUI if you have one (Zenity, YAD, GTK Dialog) and default back to terminal if neither of these 3 are available on your puppy.

http://complianceman.com/puppy2

Same link as the original post. You may need to refresh your browser if you've been there before. There are other things on this link, as well. Just choose the Pet Installer Quiet. Some of the other items are outdated.

Best,

Slavvo67

greengeek

#23 Post by greengeek »

Thanks Slavvo - very nice. Worked perfectly for me on my Slacko 5.6 derivative (no Yad etc - just terminal). cheers!

slavvo67

#24 Post by slavvo67 »

Thanks for the support, Greengeek. I added the GTK Dialog which I've tested in Mick0's latest Slacko. For a better experience, I do recommend you installing Yet Another Dialog. It should be in your PPM and I don't believe it's very large.

Not sure why you're going to terminal but I'm glad it's working for you. I was trying to enhance the GUI experience, especially for those using Slacko as I noticed Zenity and YAD are not installed by default.

Best,

Slavvo67

slavvo67

#25 Post by slavvo67 »

I found a little glitch for those puppy packages that have Zenity but not YAD. It's an easy fix. I should have it done in a day or so. If the current version is working for you, you don't need to worry about the fix but you should eventually update to the new version, just in case.

michaellowe

pets2sfs

#26 Post by michaellowe »

rufwoof wrote:
gcmartin wrote:I'm still searching for that utility I remember which took multiples and combined them into a single. Seemingly, that utility could be adapted easily to meet system installation desire.
Perhaps have a look at the likes of

mksquashsfs - which takes a directory content (maybe extracted tar file) and turns it into a sfs

createsfs - which takes pets and/or sfs's and combines them into a single sfs

for instance I use something like

./createsfs -f multimedia xvidcap-1.1.6-i486.pet audacity-1.3.14.pet

to create a multimedia_.sfs file that contains xvidcap and audacity
Again here you mention:

./createsfs I assume similar to mksquashsfs?

I got a "Command not found" error message in terminal when trying to run mksquashsfs command???

Why am I not able to run these commands????
Please help I am at my wits end :-(
Smash forehead on keyboard to continue.....
well thats at least how some of us deal with ba$h !

Semme

#27 Post by Semme »

:D Hello Wits End. It's mksquashfs, not --sfs. And yes, you're welcome.
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

michaellowe

thanks semme frm wit's end

#28 Post by michaellowe »

Semme wrote::D Hello Wits End. It's mksquashfs, not --sfs. And yes, you're welcome.
I can always count on you semme to give me a good booting! lol
anway as per usual with my impatience i found a gui based one that saves me so much time and does it all for me I just have to do the correct searches for the pets and make sure the file/dir path is correct for the sfs loader to find the sfs's and wham! newly created sfs goodbye pets!

thanks anyway for your imput, one day when I'm big I might have the time to resort to pure terminal and command line based compiling and building configuring whatever etc. ;-)

Ps. perhaps I should change my username to wit'send as it seems to be a phrase I use often
cheers
Smash forehead on keyboard to continue.....
well thats at least how some of us deal with ba$h !