Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 20 Sep 2017, 12:55
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » House Training » Users ( For the regulars )
Where is the code for Frisbee messages?[SOLVED]
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]  
Rattlehead

PostPosted: Thu 03 Sep 2015, 05:55    Post subject:  Where is the code for Frisbee messages?[SOLVED]  

My laptop had connection problems and then I moved to Frisbee and it works like a charm Smile

Frisbee (I assume it's Frisbee) tells you from time to time that the network is down, and automatically reconnects. Great improvement, as before I had to go through the whole wizard time and time again. Rolling Eyes

What I would like to do now is taking the warning messages out of the way, as they are a bit intrusive ("wlan is down", "reconnecting", "IP acquired"...). In addition, they are generated using gtk-dialog-splash, which does not interact very well with my WM (Ratpoison).

I wanted to create a function that depending on a variable value directs the output of those messages accordingly to gtk-splash or Ratpoison, but I can't find those texts in the frisbee code.

I tried checking the frisbee script in /usr/local/bin/frisbee, and its associated file /usr/local/frisbee/func, but none of them contains the text for those messages. Do you know where can I find them? What am I missing here?

Last edited by Rattlehead on Mon 07 Sep 2015, 05:10; edited 1 time in total
saintless

PostPosted: Thu 03 Sep 2015, 07:12    Post subject:  

I'm not sure where to search for this file in Puppy but what you need should be 99-notify from dhcpcd package:
Code:
#Notify user of interface state changes

display_notice()
{
        export DISPLAY=:0
        export TEXTDOMAIN=dhcpcd_notify
        export OUTPUT_CHARSET=UTF-8
        . gettext.sh
        case "$reason" in
        BOUND|REBOOT|STATIC) #up
                gtkdialog-splash -placement bottom -timeout 4 -bg green -text "`eval_gettext \"\\\$new_ip_address acquired on \\\$interface\"`" ;;
        CARRIER) #ifup
                ssid="$(wpa_cli -i $interface status 2>/dev/null | grep ^ssid | cut -f 2 -d =)"
                gtkdialog-splash -placement bottom-left -timeout 4 -bg orange -text "`eval_gettext \"Requesting IP address for \\\$interface \\\$ssid\"`" &
                 ;;
        RELEASE) #release
                gtkdialog-splash -placement bottom -timeout 4 -bg orange -text "`eval_gettext \"Releasing \\\$interface\"`" ;;
        NOCARRIER) #down
                gtkdialog-splash -placement bottom -timeout 4 -bg hotpink -text "`eval_gettext \"\\\$interface is down\"`" ;;
        IPV4LL|TIMEOUT|FAIL) #timeout
                gtkdialog-splash -placement bottom -timeout 4 -bg red -text "`eval_gettext \"IP address request failed on \\\$interface\"`" ;;
        esac
}

if echo "$reason" | grep -q -E 'BOUND|REBOOT|STATIC|CARRIER|RELEASE|NOCARRIER|IPV4LL|TIMEOUT|FAIL';then
        [ -f /etc/dhcpcd_state_notify ] && display_notice
fi

Content pasted from /usr/lib/dhcpcd/dhcpcd-hooks/99-notify in my system but I don't know if the location is the same for you.
Removing the file should stop the messages.
666philb

PostPosted: Thu 03 Sep 2015, 11:27    Post subject:  

there's a tickbox on the frisbee gui to turn off the messages
Rattlehead

PostPosted: Mon 07 Sep 2015, 05:09    Post subject:  

Thank you guys for the replies, and sorry for my delay in answering.

666philb wrote:
there's a tickbox on the frisbee gui to turn off the messages

Um... not in my puplet, I think (Slacko 55). Or at least I don't see it

@Saintless:

thank you, your config was a bit different in my puppy, but you put me on the track after some find-foo. In my puppy version, the messages can be eliminated by deleting the file /etc/frisbee/.notify_mode Smile
frisbee_gui2.png
Description 
png

Download 
Filename  frisbee_gui2.png 
Filesize  48.15 KB 
Downloaded  88 Time(s) 
frisbee_gui1.png
Description 
png

Download 
Filename  frisbee_gui1.png 
Filesize  65.97 KB 
Downloaded  78 Time(s) 
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]  
 Forum index » House Training » Users ( For the regulars )
Jump to: