Where is the code for Frisbee messages?[SOLVED]

Using applications, configuring, problems
Rattlehead

Where is the code for Frisbee messages?[SOLVED]

#1 Post by Rattlehead »

My laptop had connection problems and then I moved to Frisbee and it works like a charm :)

Frisbee (I assume it's Frisbee) tells you from time to time that the network is down, and automatically reconnects. Great improvement, as before I had to go through the whole wizard time and time again. :roll:

What I would like to do now is taking the warning messages out of the way, as they are a bit intrusive ("wlan is down", "reconnecting", "IP acquired"...). In addition, they are generated using gtk-dialog-splash, which does not interact very well with my WM (Ratpoison).

I wanted to create a function that depending on a variable value directs the output of those messages accordingly to gtk-splash or Ratpoison, but I can't find those texts in the frisbee code.

I tried checking the frisbee script in /usr/local/bin/frisbee, and its associated file /usr/local/frisbee/func, but none of them contains the text for those messages. Do you know where can I find them? What am I missing here?
Last edited by Rattlehead on Mon 07 Sep 2015, 09:10, edited 1 time in total.

saintless

#2 Post by saintless »

I'm not sure where to search for this file in Puppy but what you need should be 99-notify from dhcpcd package:

Code: Select all

#Notify user of interface state changes

display_notice()
{
        export DISPLAY=:0
        export TEXTDOMAIN=dhcpcd_notify
        export OUTPUT_CHARSET=UTF-8
        . gettext.sh
        case "$reason" in
        BOUND|REBOOT|STATIC) #up
                gtkdialog-splash -placement bottom -timeout 4 -bg green -text "`eval_gettext \"\\\$new_ip_address acquired on \\\$interface\"`" ;;
        CARRIER) #ifup
                ssid="$(wpa_cli -i $interface status 2>/dev/null | grep ^ssid | cut -f 2 -d =)"
                gtkdialog-splash -placement bottom-left -timeout 4 -bg orange -text "`eval_gettext \"Requesting IP address for \\\$interface \\\$ssid\"`" &
                 ;;
        RELEASE) #release
                gtkdialog-splash -placement bottom -timeout 4 -bg orange -text "`eval_gettext \"Releasing \\\$interface\"`" ;;
        NOCARRIER) #down
                gtkdialog-splash -placement bottom -timeout 4 -bg hotpink -text "`eval_gettext \"\\\$interface is down\"`" ;;
        IPV4LL|TIMEOUT|FAIL) #timeout
                gtkdialog-splash -placement bottom -timeout 4 -bg red -text "`eval_gettext \"IP address request failed on \\\$interface\"`" ;;
        esac
}

if echo "$reason" | grep -q -E 'BOUND|REBOOT|STATIC|CARRIER|RELEASE|NOCARRIER|IPV4LL|TIMEOUT|FAIL';then
        [ -f /etc/dhcpcd_state_notify ] && display_notice
fi
Content pasted from /usr/lib/dhcpcd/dhcpcd-hooks/99-notify in my system but I don't know if the location is the same for you.
Removing the file should stop the messages.

666philb

#3 Post by 666philb »

there's a tickbox on the frisbee gui to turn off the messages
Bionicpup64 built with bionic beaver packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=114311
Xenialpup64, built with xenial xerus packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=107331

Rattlehead

#4 Post by Rattlehead »

Thank you guys for the replies, and sorry for my delay in answering.
666philb wrote:there's a tickbox on the frisbee gui to turn off the messages
Um... not in my puplet, I think (Slacko 55). Or at least I don't see it

@Saintless:

thank you, your config was a bit different in my puppy, but you put me on the track after some find-foo. In my puppy version, the messages can be eliminated by deleting the file /etc/frisbee/.notify_mode :)
Attachments
frisbee_gui2.png
(48.15 KiB) Downloaded 283 times
frisbee_gui1.png
(65.97 KiB) Downloaded 260 times