Slacko 5.7 Saves My Computer

Promote Puppy !
cypher51

Slacko 5.7 Saves My Computer

#1 Post by cypher51 »

Hi,

After being absent from this forum for a very long time, I've found my way back. The reason is because of Slacko 5.7.

Some time ago I bought an Asus EEE 1100 PC to play around with. It came with Windows Starter 7 and it had 1 gig of ram. This thing ran slower than my old Dell 486 DX. After upgrading to 2 gigs of ram, it ran better but not great.

After awhile I decided to go back to Puppy on a USB stick; but the bios in the Asus would not play nice. I never was able to get Puppy to boot. Then I stumbled across Slacko 5.7 in the "download release" page and found it in the form of a "dot exe" file. Downloaded it and installed it on this computer. This thing is very fast and works like-a-charm. My "save file" is on a usb stick , so I have plenty of room for my stuff. As I add more programs that I need, I'll be using this computer more and more. I've even posted a shot of my desktop in the "Eye Candy" section.

I would like to thank 01micko and company for developing such a great Puppy that saved my computer from the closet. :D

cthisbear

#2 Post by cthisbear »

How to Boot Asus Eee PC Netbook from USB Flash Drive.

https://craftedflash.com/howto-video/ho ... lash-drive

Has a video.

Chris.

cypher51

#3 Post by cypher51 »

Chris

Thanks for the link, it is very interesting, I may have a go at it. Although I'm quite pleased with Slacko; but we'll see.

Larry