Need driver for Sansa e260 mp3 player

Using applications, configuring, problems
jus407

Need driver for Sansa e260 mp3 player

#1 Post by jus407 »

i have a sansa e260 and i need a driver for it i havent called sandisk yet but is there a place to get it already online ive googled it with no success.
does anyone else have a sandisk mp3 player successfully configured with puppy? (2.01r2)

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Flash »

What do you mean by "configured?" If all you want to do is load music onto it so you can play the music, you might be able to do that from Puppy by mounting the mp3 player with MUT and dragging the music files onto it. Of course that means you have to have the music files where Puppy can find them. Possibly you can rip from CD with ripperX, the destination being your mp3 player.

If there is software that must be loaded onto the mp3 player to make it work, you'll probably have to do that from Windows.

jus407

#3 Post by jus407 »

i mean does anyone else have a sansa e200 series mp3 player that is working with puppy linux, configured to load music, have drivers installed and able to load music onto it...

no you dont need special software to install (unless your transfering pics or videos) the driver comes with windows, but does anyone know of a place or program that can communicate with mp3 players to transfer files onto (it doesnt show up in MUT

tempestuous

#4 Post by tempestuous »

Try to load the usb-storage module first -

modprobe usb-storage

Now try MUT. Or maybe try to mount the device manually -

mount /dev/sda1 -t vfat /mnt/flash

And read this report about your Sansa http://www.qbik.ch/usb/devices/showdev.php?id=3802

jus407

#5 Post by jus407 »

oh well, thats cool i understand its possible to load music to it using linux but ill just use windowz (damn sandisk/windows) thanks for the help tho guys

Brian C

#6 Post by Brian C »

Some of the sandisk players support both MTP and UMS. MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) is what mp3 players usually use to talk to Windows Media Player, Rhapsody, etc. UMS (Universal Mass Storage) lets you move music to your device as if it's a flash drive.

In order to get your player to work in Puppy, you'll need to set it to UMS mode. This can be set somewhere in the player. From there, go into the Puppy Drives program, mount it, and begin moving music over.