JWM Theme pack collection (NEW)

Themes, icons, wallpapers, etc.
David Andrew

JWM Theme pack collection (NEW)

#1 Post by David Andrew »

I’ve created a JWM themepack that allows you to switch themes with corresponding buttons straight from the JWM Configuration manager, without any manual messing around per switch. Turns out this is now possible with the latest JWM version (so it seems).

My theme pack includes a mish-mash of theme buttons for some of the default themes, and some of my own / new themes. Here’s the JWM preview screen, and how it should look if you have installed it correctly:

There’s a couple of steps needed, but not difficult. First and foremost make a backup of your puppy save file before trying this to fall back on, in case something goes wrong. I can’t guarantee anything.

1) Firstly, you need to have the latest JWM version installed, which is v 2.2.2. You need to google the correct package for you puppy version.

2) Secondly and also essential, is the “libpng
Attachments
JWMthemes.pet
(54.02 KiB) Downloaded 1410 times

David Andrew

#2 Post by David Andrew »

Forgot to mention - you also need this font for the 3 Windows themes:

http://fontzone.net/font-details/microsoft-sans-serif

David Andrew

#3 Post by David Andrew »

An update pet package:

* Made some improvements to all existing Windows themes. Win XP and Clearlooks themes now have gradient panels.

Also added 2 new themes: Silver XP and Ubuntu Studio. For the Ubuntu studio theme, make sure you have the Ubuntu font installed.

Screenshot of update:

Attachments
JWMthemesV2.pet
(64.33 KiB) Downloaded 1122 times

Moat

#4 Post by Moat »

Gorgeous tweaks. Definitely something JWM can stand to use! 8)

Bob

David Andrew

#5 Post by David Andrew »

I' ve just tested my v2 .pet on a 32-bit LXPuppy and it gave an error message. I created it on LH64 and it installs fine on that - weird.

In any case, I will try to fix this issue with the version 3 pet that I'll upload later today, which will include some more themes and updates / improvements to existing ones. I will also include a .zip version for manual instalment.

Sorry about that if anyone had issues with my pet.

starhawk

#6 Post by starhawk »

If you made it on a 64 bit Pup, it's probably a 64 bit dotPET. That won't work on a 32 bit Pup... hence the error.

David Andrew

#7 Post by David Andrew »

I’ve created a final version 3 package of my JWM themes. The new .pet still doesn’t seem to work on a 32-bit Puppy, so if it doesn’t work for you then use the attached .zip file instead. Assuming you have followed the instructions of the original post, the contents (not the root folder itself) of the .zip file need to be extracted to:

/root/.jwm/themes

This should give you my final revision of my JWM theme pack. The v.3 updates include:

* Fixes / oversights to all the previous themes.

* The Amiga theme has been replaced by an Aros theme. The Aros theme itself is very Amiga OS-like, but I personally think it looks a lot better. Panel should be at the top for this theme. (achieved manually by editing the /root/.jwmrc-tray file)

* A new black Vista-like theme created from scratch. Emphasis on “like
Attachments
JWMthemes3.zip
(119.37 KiB) Downloaded 817 times
JWMthemes3.pet
(80.68 KiB) Downloaded 945 times

David Andrew

#8 Post by David Andrew »

I said version 3 would be the final version:

I lied.

Well, not so much a lie, I just got addicted to creating JWM themes.

2 more themes:

Watercolour Pup - a hybrid of the Windows XP beta theme "Watercolor Whistler" and XP Luna itself.

Clean Slate: My own theme, pretty much my only own one in the whole pack.

Screenshot:

Attachments
JWMthemesFinal.zip
(139.85 KiB) Downloaded 841 times
JWMthemesFinal.pet
(93.88 KiB) Downloaded 1105 times

David Andrew

#9 Post by David Andrew »

Wasn't too keen on my own themes red buttons, so I've revised them with round glass ones. Zip attached:

Attachments
CS.zip
(13.12 KiB) Downloaded 617 times

DJ Puppio

#10 Post by DJ Puppio »

Something is wrong. I apply these additional themes like Windows 95 and 98, but I still have the XPish buttons in the right corner of the window. I can't find a way to get the proper buttons to complete the look.

Using JWM in puppy 6.0.2.

I downloaded the zip file and unzipped all. I then put the files into /root/.jwm/themes. I also put them in /usr/share/themes.

:(

EDIT:: Okay, I got it to work. I clicked on the Clear button and then reapplied the windows 95 theme.
Attachments
capture22964.png
(19.07 KiB) Downloaded 2976 times

trio

#11 Post by trio »

Hi,

I think you may want to try JWM theme picture grabber http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 475#911475

Thanks

frourio

#12 Post by frourio »

I installed the package and I'm trying to choose Clearlooks.

It works but the only problem is that the windows bar just stays a solid WindowsXP blue.

It doesn't get the clearlooks gradient blue.

Any ideas?
Attachments
clearlooks-but-with-windows-blue.png
(52.45 KiB) Downloaded 1610 times

frourio

#13 Post by frourio »

Ok I think I actually figured out the problem. I was using an older JWM. When I updated to 2.2.1, I got the right clearlooks colour.

However, now I have a secondary problem.

The clearlooks buttons don't seem to be SVG, so when the window is out of focus, the buttons really stick out.
Attachments
clearlooks-buttons-stick-out.png
(8.06 KiB) Downloaded 1437 times