Miscellaneous tools
phat7

Re: Eclipse IDE

#21 Post by phat7 »

Antipodal wrote:I' m considering the possibility of studying this thread
Be careful :lol:

Torvus

#22 Post by Torvus »

Does anyone have a working DL link? The OP's just goes to some sort of video advertisement that my setup fortunately blocked.

Torvus

#23 Post by Torvus »

Anyone?

gcmartin

BarryK provides an eClipse IDE integrated into Puppy Linux

#24 Post by gcmartin »

Couple of thoughts that do not answer the several recent posts on this facility. Nonetheless, it may be useful knowledge to allow some objective achievement.

@BarryK build a PUP that has all of this sorted out for desktop use and advanced with some additions to target some specific OSes.

It can be found here. This distro DOES NOT instruct how to install the IDE to your PUP, but, it is a fastpath for anyone who wants a PUP with the IDE built-in.

@BarryK left this kinda unpolished, as I think he expects to revisit, but, as of yet, he has not. But, it still works. (He has mentioned that he expect to purchase a touch-screen laptop/convertible/...)

It is missing the primary element that I feel is the next items needed to be addressed; namely 64bit touch-screen thinking and KVM so that the emulator speed increases to native and that the emulator can be used as if it were a smartPhone/smartTablet/smart-PUPPY/smart-Anything without the need to physically hook any device as the development proceeds. These 2 items would allow the PUP distro to address/build for ANY platform a user/builder/developer/testor would intend.

If this ever get's advanced, I am sure it would not be too long before mainstream PUP developers create an additional, 2nd, DEVX with @BarryK's additions or add the additions to the current DEVX where it expands the toolset available to any developer to create additions for PUPs and PUP users.

Hope this is helpful in some way