Upgraded hd install to 2.13, now Menu button doesn't work

Booting, installing, newbie
DC

Upgraded hd install to 2.13, now Menu button doesn't work

#1 Post by DC »

Hi all,
I have upgraded harddrive install to 2.13.
All fine except menu button bottom left hand corner does not work. Mouse buttons left and right work fine every where else.

I read on the forums the other day about stopping the left mouse button bringing up the menu panel from the desktop maybe this switched off the menu button as well?

Its not a critical fault but might confuse new people.

DC

Kal

JWM menu button

#2 Post by Kal »

Which harddrive install, normal or coexist (frugal)?
Which Puppy did you upgrade from?

If you have a coexist install most things are backed up in /initrd/pup_ro2. Check your version of JWM by typing jwm -v ( should be JWM v18) in a terminal and then type jwm -p to see any problems. Report back here with results, if any, it may have been messed up during upgrade.
Good Luck, Kal

marvista

#3 Post by marvista »

DC

I ran into the same problem on a hard drive upgrade from 2.12 to 2.13. It appears that my file /root/.jwcrc-tray had become corrupted. I resolved the issue by booting from CD to get a good copy of this file, and copying it over the one on the hard drive.

After that the menu button worked like it should.

Steve

DC

#4 Post by DC »

Thanks to Kal and marvista for replies.
Oh I wish I was patient
Yesterday decided to total reinstall after reading some other problem posts about various upgrades.
This was my 3rd upgrade(2.10,2.11,2.12,2.13) and in good old windows tradition thinking there must be some stuff that needs deleting why not reinstall from scratch.

I have decided to keep a my own log of problems for future reference so your help was not in vain.

Thanks

DC