win drivers install for printer?

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of printers
boof

win drivers install for printer?

#1 Post by boof »

I bought a Fuji-Xerox CP1115 w laser printer and there's no linux support. I hear rumours of a printer driver wrapper. for Ubuntu. I have the OEM driver CD. Silly q? How hard can it be? Anyone...? :cry:

Semme

#2 Post by Semme »

:? Posting to a SEVEN year old thread is hardly a consideration.

You appear to be doing much better here.

Working within limitations, wouldn't it have been easier to go with a well known, Linux compatible printer from the get-go?

But hey, who knows....

Perhaps the person you're looking for has an answer?
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

Burn_IT

#3 Post by Burn_IT »

In any case (though I haven't checked recently) I thought the instructions on how to use a third party driver were pretty easy to use.
"Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush" - T Pratchett

boof

#4 Post by boof »

I appear not to have the luxury of remembering what does and does not work in Linux when I shop. My mind is now incapable of the necessary mental overhead. The stock is not predictable over time, and special orders are too expensive. I have contacted the maker to see if their 2nd tier support can provide a solution or a shared driver. I have tried all the Fuji-Xerox drivers listed above, but cannot get my printer to produce a test page. I may have to clear some pending jobs and do it again to be sure. I can't tell whether a failure to print leaves the data in the queue, and blocks it regardless of driver changes, but I suspect it does.

Burn_IT

#5 Post by Burn_IT »

I was referring to Windows drivers under Puppy.
You certainly can for network cards and I thought the feature applied to most device drivers.
"Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush" - T Pratchett

boof

Solved

#6 Post by boof »

Use the Brother HL-1030 driver.

rcrsn51

Re: Solved

#7 Post by rcrsn51 »

boof wrote:Use the Brother HL-1030 driver.
Here is a driver that may be a better match for your printer. Under Fuji Xerox, there is a Docuprint CP105.

Please test and report back.
Attachments
HBPL1-1.0.pet
(18.99 KiB) Downloaded 232 times

boof

#8 Post by boof »

CP105 driver above does NOT work. the Brother driver is good enugh. Let it stand.