Installer by stemsee

Miscellaneous tools
stemsee

Installer by stemsee

#1 Post by stemsee »

Here is my rough and ready installation script. Install to a partition from running system or from remaster directory (apupsys - sfs-unattended-remaster). No removal of pre-existing files or directories, no reformatting, no free space check, no filesystem restrictions. Very dangerous! Who wants to test it?? :twisted:

EDIT: see last post for script
Last edited by stemsee on Thu 18 Feb 2016, 02:00, edited 1 time in total.

slavvo67

#2 Post by slavvo67 »

Nice but.... I think I'll wait this one out for a while. :wink:

stemsee

#3 Post by stemsee »

I am only teasing....it isn't dangerous, only your mistakes are dangerous, same with any installerl. And there are enough prompts. I have tested it a few times.

ASRI éducation

#4 Post by ASRI éducation »

Hello stemsee

To help us better understand the functioning of your utility: have you some screen shots, or some additional explanation?

Regards
Projet ASRI éducation => [url=http://asri-education.org/]Association[/url] | [url=http://forum.asri-education.org/]Forum[/url] | [url=http://dl01.asri-education.org/]Dépôt[/url] | [url=http://kids.asri-education.org/]Espace kids[/url]

stemsee

#5 Post by stemsee »

This install is basically rsync either with running system or from expanded .sfs dir with system tree (livecdbuild, apupsys) to partition. Excluding proc, tmp, mnt, media, aufs, initrd, sys, run, (forgot to exclude /var/tmp)) which are created after rsync -au completes, permissions for tmp and /var/tmp changed to 1777, then vmlinuz is copied to /boot after user provides 'path-to-vmlinuz'. Then grub4dos is invoked.

I hope this helps.

ASRI éducation

#6 Post by ASRI éducation »

stemsee wrote:This install is basically rsync either with running system or from expanded .sfs dir with system tree (livecdbuild, apupsys) to partition. Excluding proc, tmp, mnt, media, aufs, initrd, sys, run, (forgot to exclude /var/tmp)) which are created after rsync -au completes, permissions for tmp and /var/tmp changed to 1777, then vmlinuz is copied to /boot after user provides 'path-to-vmlinuz'. Then grub4dos is invoked.

I hope this helps.
Thank you for this infos!
Regards
Projet ASRI éducation => [url=http://asri-education.org/]Association[/url] | [url=http://forum.asri-education.org/]Forum[/url] | [url=http://dl01.asri-education.org/]Dépôt[/url] | [url=http://kids.asri-education.org/]Espace kids[/url]

Puppus Dogfellow

#7 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

any chance it can be made to install to a folder on a partition rather than the whole partition?

and since i'm making requests, and since this reminds me of an already great tool, could you tweak RSH's AFI (automatic frugal installer) to allow installations to partitions other than the one it's booted from and/or incorporate its functionality into your installer?

thanks in advance, stemsee.

(trying to be helpful, but i can see this as

: anyone want to help with this?
: no.

which was not my intention :lol: )

stemsee

#8 Post by stemsee »

@Puppus Dogfellow
Is AFI in your repo?

The install to folder (full install to folder I guess), is accommodted in sfs-unattended-remaster options 1,2,3, however it is now added to stemstall, simply specify folder when supplying partition e.g. 's sda9/frugal' . I will upload after adding a few more things.

Puppus Dogfellow

#9 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

stemsee wrote:@Puppus Dogfellow
Is AFI in your repo?

The install to folder (full install to folder I guess), is accommodted in sfs-unattended-remaster options 1,2,3, however it is now added to stemstall, simply specify folder when supplying partition e.g. 's sda9/frugal' . I will upload after adding a few more things.

AFI.

^ one click install. i've used it as a safety valve--Possibly doing irreparable harm to your system? Have a new one to hop to if that's the case! over time they pile up, but it really seems to be the easiest way to install puppy. (too bad it's restricted to the partition the puppy using it booted from--not sure how it works with cd installs/boots.)

stemsee

#10 Post by stemsee »

As for altering AFI, I think it would be best if you asked Lazy Puppy (RSH) directly first, as it would be easiest for him as he knows well his own script. Generally he always tells others to use his code and do what they want with it. I cannot follow the script! It would be easier for me to just write my own frugal installer! One which installs from iso or CD/DVD or from a frugal install or from a full install. Should be easy enough.

Puppus Dogfellow

#11 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

stemsee wrote:As for altering AFI, I think it would be best if you asked Lazy Puppy (RSH) directly first, as it would be easiest for him as he knows well his own script. Generally he always tells others to use his code and do what they want with it. I cannot follow the script! It would be easier for me to just write my own frugal installer! One which installs from iso or CD/DVD or from a frugal install or from a full install. Should be easy enough.
cool. i'll post a link to this in his AFI/Lazy Fred thread and see if he's interested--greengreek visited recently and also suggested some changes--no feedback yet from RSH.

regardless, your version sounds awesome.
Last edited by Puppus Dogfellow on Sat 21 Feb 2015, 06:35, edited 1 time in total.

stemsee

#12 Post by stemsee »

stemsfrugalinstaller

Needs testing. All my iso files got wiped using LH64 remaster script, after adding custom mount script to rc.locl...no lh64 remaster script's fault. I am now downloading Lazy-Unicorn for the first test.
This is the first part of the script install from iso.
Depends on yad being installed. Which displays a list of iso files in given directory, choose one to install to /path/dir .

Code: Select all

#!/bin/sh 
#StemsFrugastall copyright (c) 2015 Marcos M Contant 
echo "Enter path to iso files. 
eg /mnt/sda9/Downloads/" 
read path
cd "$path"
ISO=$(ls * | grep '.iso' | yad --title "Select ISO FIle" --list --height="400" --column="ISO List:") 
ret=$? 
[[ $ret -eq 1 ]] && exit 0 
if [[ ! -z $ret ]]; then 
ISO=`echo $ISO | cut -f1 -d '|'`
mkdir /tmp/mntiso
echo "/tmp/mntiso made"
sleep 2
mount $path$ISO /tmp/mntiso -o loop
echo "mounted '$path$ISO'"
sleep 4
echo "Enter path including directory. 
eg /mnt/sdb1/lupu/" 
read dest 
mkdir -p "$dest"
cp -rf /tmp/mntiso/* "$dest"
sync
umount -f /tmp/mntiso
umount -f $path$ISO
sleep 2
rm -rf /tmp/mntiso
sleep 2
grub4dosconfig 
fi 
exit 

Last edited by stemsee on Wed 03 Feb 2016, 21:08, edited 3 times in total.

stemsee

#13 Post by stemsee »

Here is stemsfrugalstall with 4 options.

Let me know if there are any bugs.
Attachments
capture13758.png
(10.91 KiB) Downloaded 461 times
stemsfrugalstall.gz
fake .gz
(2.09 KiB) Downloaded 227 times

stemsee

#14 Post by stemsee »

See last post or previous code!
Last edited by stemsee on Wed 03 Feb 2016, 21:09, edited 1 time in total.

Puppus Dogfellow

#15 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

just used it to (maybe) install 3 isos (fatdog, april64, ~572) as frugals to sda3, booting/running from SD. i think something went wrong (haven't rebooted yet) because none showed up as entries on either the grub4dos gui or as text blocks in the menu.lst file.

stemsee

#16 Post by stemsee »

Any progress, puppus?

Puppus Dogfellow

#17 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

i haven't bothered to try since there doesn't seem to be any record of their existence as far as the boot up process is concerned.

stemsee

#18 Post by stemsee »

iso2frugal installer

#!/bin/sh 
#Stems iso2frugal copyright (c) 2015 Marcos M Contant 
eg /mnt/sda9/Downloads/" 
read path
cd "$path"
ISO=$(ls * | grep '.iso' | yad --title "Select ISO FIle" --list --height="400" --column="ISO List:") 
ret=$? 
if [[ ! -z $ret ]]; then 
mkdir /tmp/mntiso
echo "/tmp/mntiso made"
sleep 2
sleep 4
echo "Enter path including directory for frugal install. 
eg /mnt/sdb1/lupu/" 
read dest 
mkdir -p "$dest"
sync
umount -f /tmp/mntiso
umount -f $path$ISO
sleep 2
rm -rf /tmp/mntiso
sleep 2
grub4dosconfig 
fi 
exit 

stemsee

#19 Post by stemsee »

updated to work as right click and cli

#!/bin/sh 
#StemsFrugastall copyright (c) 2015 Marcos M Contant
if [ ! "$1" ];then
eg /mnt/sda9/Downloads/"
read path
if [ -z "$path" ]; then
	exit 0
fi
cd "$path"
ret=$? 
if [[ ! -z $ret ]]; then 
fi
else
#path=`echo "$1" | cut -f1,2,3,4,5,6,7 -d '/'`
ISO="$1"
fi
mkdir /tmp/mntiso
echo "/tmp/mntiso made"
sleep 2
sleep 4
dest=$(yad --title "Enter path and dir name for frugal installation:" --entry)
if [ -z "$dest" ]; thenumount -f /tmp/mntiso
        umount -f $path$ISO
        sleep 2
        rm -rf /tmp/mntiso
 	exit 0
fi
mkdir -p "$dest"
sync
umount -f /tmp/mntiso
umount -f $path$ISO
sleep 2
rm -rf /tmp/mntiso
sleep 2
grub4dosconfig
exit 

stemsee

#20 Post by stemsee »

yad gui select from folder full of iso files whih to install as frugal.
Attachments
capture29601.png
(96.63 KiB) Downloaded 54 times