aqualung-1.0 (Aug. '15) and aqualung-1.0.8 (Nov. '17)

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
musher0

aqualung-1.0 (Aug. '15) and aqualung-1.0.8 (Nov. '17)

#1 Post by musher0 »

Edit, Nov. 18, 2017 -- You can access a LADSPA-enabled
aqualung-1.0.8 through this post. -- musher0

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Edit, Nov. 13, 2017 -- Please go to this post for Aqualung version 1.0.8.
musher0

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello, all.

With little fanfare, aqualung reached version 1.0 earlier this month.

(Edit: in the white space above there was a thumbnail from the aqualung site, but
the site appears down at the moment.)

I present you with a completely new compilation for Puppy, done and
tested in Puppy Precise-5.4.3 (Can_Bike variant). So it should run on a
majority of recent Puppies, if not all.

I divided the compilation in four pets, in true Puppy tradition: The above files will stay on zippyshare for 30 days from today, plus
another 30 days since last download (zippyshare policy), until nobody
downloads them for 30 days, at which point the zippyshare system will
erase them. So leave me a note if those pet archives are not available
anymore, I'll re-upload them.

~~~~~~~~~~
Edit, Nov. 6, 2015.
Since then I secured an account on the excellent adrive.com service, and
you can download the four files above as a single zip file from:
-- https://www.adrive.com/public/vBxPCA/aq ... .0_pet.zip --
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~

Enjoy! BFN.

musher0
Last edited by musher0 on Sat 18 Nov 2017, 22:43, edited 5 times in total.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

vicmz

#2 Post by vicmz »

[url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=76948]Puppy Linux en español[/url]

musher0

#3 Post by musher0 »

Many thanks, vicmz! :)
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~

Pelo

aqualung R-1261 at home

#4 Post by Pelo »

aqualung R-1261 at home, East Coast. Reading you topic deeper
My pale Moon browser crashes when i click the link to the pet. On repair.
Audio pets for Old pupies here if necessary (Aqualung with JACK and LADSPA)
"Here is the audio player Aqualung, compiled with JACK and LADSPA support.
This package is compatible only with Puppy 4.3 alphas, currently Puppy 416alpha. It might also run on uPup, I'm not sure.
It definitely won't run on older Puppies without the libgio library.
" tempestuous said
:) aqualung gets the best score in my casting february 2016, unfortunately aqualung seems not have been compiled for Tahrpup and Vivid pup.
Last edited by Pelo on Tue 26 Jul 2016, 10:40, edited 9 times in total.

gaurav.joseph

Not working on werewolf

#5 Post by gaurav.joseph »

I have a 64-bit werewolf. Tried installing this pet but would not execute after installation. Might be a problem with it being 32-bit. Could somebody compile a 64-bit aqualung pet.

Thanks!

Pelo

pets (main and skin) broke my aqualung

#6 Post by Pelo »

retroprecise 5.4.3
Pet aqualung-1.0_150808_skins.pet: 261 K installed first : old aqualung still runs. then aqualung-1.0_150808.pet: 453 K install,... :( no more aqualung start
Remove the main package, aqualung is back again. How do you change skin, Musher0, please. Nice somebody speaking french takes care of my favourites user's applications !

Musher0 your aqualung version is perfect on Precise 5.7.1

get Titles from freedb.org
Last edited by Pelo on Tue 26 Jul 2016, 15:20, edited 7 times in total.

musher0

#7 Post by musher0 »

Salut pelo.

To change the skin on aqualung:
  • - Do a right-click anywhere on the aqualung window
    - A menu will appear;
    - Towards the bottom, you see: "Change appearance";
    - Click on that;
    - Now appears a list of skins;
    - Click on the one you like;
    - Confirm.
The effect is immediate, the skin changes right away.

BFN.

musher0
Last edited by musher0 on Mon 22 Feb 2016, 10:16, edited 1 time in total.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~

musher0

Re: Not working on werewolf

#8 Post by musher0 »

gaurav.joseph wrote:I have a 64-bit werewolf. Tried installing this pet but would not execute after installation. Might be a problem with it being 32-bit. Could somebody compile a 64-bit aqualung pet.

Thanks!
Hello, jaurav.joseph.

Please forgive my delay in responding.

Unfortunately, I have no 64-bit Puppy installed to compile on.
This site and page present a choice of aqualung packages for
64-bit computers on various distros.

You may wish to select a package type or distro compatible with
the "breed" of your Puppy.

I hope this helps.

musher0
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~

Pelo

Slacko 5.3.2.9 tested by Lou Reed

#9 Post by Pelo »

Ok Musher0, for skins. :)
Waiting for newer stuff, Lou REED walked on the wide side with Aqualung 0.9bêta 10.2-pup4 provided by Puppy 4 PPM. It's an ugly GUI (aqualung one. ). J'ai sorti cette version des fins fonds du musée (underground). But it Works.
aqualung-R1142-p5.pet: 696 K : running Puppy nite fluxbox (Made in Spane, improved Lucid 528)
Attachments
inconditionnel.jpg
Aqualung fait mieuwx que Parole, lecteur Multimedia XFCE
(31.41 KiB) Downloaded 265 times
Last edited by Pelo on Thu 28 Jul 2016, 13:29, edited 4 times in total.

Pelo

aqualung is not perfect. It's simply the best i found.

#10 Post by Pelo »

aqualung is not perfect. It's simply the best i found.
Its browser find titles of anywhat...
- It supports most popular formats (WAV, AIFF, AU etc., Ogg Vorbis, Ogg Speex, FLAC, MP3).
- It also supports LADSPA plugins, if you have them. (I included the "vynil" (sic) plugin, so you can make your files sound like they're played off an old record...)
- It supports "metadata" (ID3 tags, vorbis comments). Also CDDB lookup (Successfullly :roll: , That is worth to mention).
- Has detachable playlist and "music store" (lets you create a database of your files).
- Comes with 6 skins (actually 5 + "no skin" option).
Musher , any solution to 'musherize' that (i.e improve). Compile with Tarpup would be great. ...
The first day of Puppy linux
and the second day Lord created by plinej "Everything I compile is for i486-t2-linux-gnu"

Post scriptum : when developers would have understand that users are not silly, they just don't like loose time checking everything at start. They aim to listen music, and some aim more, they can are fond af creating too, MPEG is base of too many Puppy apps to be withdrawn.
Last edited by Pelo on Wed 24 Feb 2016, 18:24, edited 8 times in total.

Pelo

An efficient member has the solution for MPEG missing

#11 Post by Pelo »

An efficient member has the solution for MPEG with tahrpup (Vivid is the same) . I sniff for it.
Mikeslr suggestion

Pelo

Triton Mate only was missing such a Music player

#12 Post by Pelo »

Puppy Triton Mate . Petihar and Jejy69 will be happy to know that aqualung was tested by me without any trouble on the version Mate of the French Triton (5.7.3 is the must)
No need to change the kernel for newer stuff. In the contrary Tahrpup and Vivid would not run lot of Mediaplayers, Simply because Mplayer will miss FFMPEG libraries.
"[i]All windows are sizable. You can stretch the main window horizontally for more accurate seeking[/i]".
Last edited by Pelo on Fri 25 Mar 2016, 17:44, edited 1 time in total.

Pelo

Merci Musher0, for OBprecise 5.7.1

#13 Post by Pelo »

"The above files will stay on zippyshare for 30 days from today, plus
another 30 days since last download (zippyshare policy), until nobody
downloads them for 30 days, at which point the zippyshare system will
erase them. So leave me a note if those pet archives are not available
anymore, I'll re-upload them.
"
Aqualung-1.0 has been dowloaded for last 30 days. that means that Puppy's addicts :?: still like to listen their favourite songs to avoid nervous breakdowns and keep themselves ' de bonne humeur' or 'agradable' por los aficianiados.
Precise Puppies were not senile yet to remove ffmpeg. If roots wanted to get people bored to death, they only have to withraw ffmpeg from the Puppies distro, And ... they dit it, offering in exchange 3D and Bluetooth, what 99 % of us do not give a hoot
64Bits version : what plus would bring 64bits I/O 32 bits ? Don't worry, the speakers are not yet studied to listen multiple tracks, only RH and LH , Not quadrophenia.

8) aqualung gets the best score in my casting february 2016, unfortunately aqualung seems not have been compiled for Tahrpup and Vivid pup.. Because lib MPEG are missing, bravo :!: les casseurs. L'absence de Mplayer condamne la totalité de lecteurs (jukeboxes) existants.
Attachments
catherine.jpg
La pochette du disque apparait sur Aqualung, songs bought this morning.
(74.09 KiB) Downloaded 373 times

Pelo

astuces

#14 Post by Pelo »

I commented out pmusic in /usr/local/bin/defaultaudioplayer and added the following line:
This launches aqualung with an open play list and allows you to add files by clicking on them in ROX.
Code:
exec aqualung --session = 0 show-pl = yes -E "$@"

:) drblock2 (2009). "This is fantastic! Exactly what I was looking for, great!! Thanks so much!" all these music lovers are gone away, are not they ? all things must pass...

LazY Puppy

#15 Post by LazY Puppy »

unfortunately aqualung seems not have been compiled for Tahrpup and Vivid pup.. Because lib MPEG are missing,
Aqualung is my main Music Player since I had used Muppy 08.3f in 2010 (my first Linux ever)! :D

Usually it is the first application that I do download and make SFS Module of.

Why don't you just use Aqualung from Ubuntu's Tahr repository?

See attached image.
Attachments
Screenshot-2016-05-21-04-09-11.jpg
Aqualung from Ubuntu's Tahr repository in Tahr 6-0-2 T.O.P.L.E.S.S. made.
(116 KiB) Downloaded 312 times
RSH

"you only wanted to work your Puppies in German", "you are a separatist in that you want Germany to secede from Europe" (musher0) :lol:

No, but I gave my old drum kit away for free to a music store collecting instruments for refugees! :wink:

Pelo

Failure rate is to big with PPM tahrpup 64

#16 Post by Pelo »

Lazy Puppy (it's hard for me not to say RSH) ok for downloading from Ubuntu repository.
However, and as you are a trusty tester of applications, i am this morning running Tahrpup 64 bits. All tries with PPM failed, libs are always missing.. I choose an easy one : portabase.. Freeze when you use it.
As i don't realize why to run music in 64bits, even hard-rock, i will definitely abandone Puppies 64 bits, 32 will sure looks as vintage, but Applications are available ( with rare exceptions).
Another try (last one) with aqualung. I will feed-back here within a few minutes.
aqualung_0.9|aqualung|0.9||Multimedia;mediaplayer|2058K|pool/universe/
Success ! :) sometimes i am wrong in my opinions !

About aqualung, i find it nice too. But i decided to check all applications used in the past by music lovers around 2009 2010, and check if they were still serviceable, and if updates were available. Music lovers are still alive, but not in Puppy forum, because the forum has too much work issuing Puppies able to run newest technologies as 64 bits. (My laptop is 64 bits, until now i had only 32 bits apps to run. I was a desesperate housewife (man !)
Musher0 is sure a musher, but a disk-jockey too, with the newest versions of our prefered application. That is worth to be noticed. He is very usefull. A pity that he loses time with topless woof CE sirens ! There are better songs to listen ... With Aqualung !
Attachments
Ocean.jpg
Skin : ocean.
(69.66 KiB) Downloaded 415 times

Pelo

Xeniapup 7.0.2 fails with aqualung (downloaded vicmz shop)

#17 Post by Pelo »

"aqualung gets the best score in my casting february 2016, unfortunately aqualung seems not have been compiled for Tahrpup and Vivid pup.. Because lib MPEG are missing, bravo Exclamation les casseurs. L'absence de Mplayer condamne la totalité de lecteurs (jukeboxes) existants."
Xeniapup 7.0.2 fails with aqualung (downloaded from vicmz stores)

Pelo

aqualung installed inn hungarian Puppy 5.7.1.

#18 Post by Pelo »

aqualung installed in hungarian Puppy 5.7.1. I change skin to quirly060 theme to give some light in the dark desktop

Mike Walsh

#19 Post by Mike Walsh »

Hiya, musher0.

To give you a break from Pelo's monologue ( :lol: :lol: ), thanks for this. I've only just discovered this tonight. Well, to be fair, I've noticed it in Puppy PPMs before now, but I'd always been a staunch Audacious user.....until it began to get more & more 'fussy' about what formats it would condescend to handle.

I'd found LXMusic for rerwin's Lucid; wonderful little player. Very similar to this. I've been in ETP's 'Chromebook Pup' all evening (it's based on Precise 5.7.1.....or, to be more accurate, vicmz's 571 w/Openbox - and thank you, vicmz, for mirroring these), and was playing around in the PPM to see what, if anything I could find. Still amazed to find the 'Precise' repos working with every passing day, given EOL was back in April..!

Tried Guayadeque (too complicated, by far!!), gMerlin (Python-based, but wouldn't work past a segmentation fault for a non-existent file it insisted it needed permissions correcting for.... (???); *scratches head*...huh?), and one or two others. Then I decided to try Aqualung. That's the one..! Perfect. Just like LXMusic, you can control it from the tray, across all worktops.....which is one of its neatest features, as far as I'm concerned. And, of course, most 5-series Pups and upwards don't need owt extra installed to run it.....do they?

EDIT:_ Just got this working nicely in Slacko 570, with the addition of two extra libs. libavformat.so.53 (which I got from 'Chromepup'; I've got 52, and also 55, for various things.....but not 53).....and librtmp.so.0 (which I borrowed from Racy 5.5). Nice one!

Cheers.

Mike. :wink:

Robert123

#20 Post by Robert123 »

Hi mike have you tried Deadbeef?
Devuan Linux, Stardust 013 (4.31) updated [url]https://archive.org/details/Stardustpup013glibc2.10[/url]
s57(2018)barebone[url]https://sourceforge.net/projects/puppy-linux-minimal-builds/files/s57%282018%29barebones.iso/download[/url]