uGet 2.0.2

Miscellaneous tools
labbe5

uGet 2.0.2

#1 Post by labbe5 »

http://sourceforge.net/projects/urlget/ ... %29/2.0.2/

If you wish to have uGet 2.0.2 installed in your Upup, above is where to get it. Some Puppy have it installed, but an older version.

As a dependency, you need GTK3 installed, and as plugins : aria2 and curl.

curl : support for multi-thread downloading and mirrors.
aria2 : BitTorrent and metalink support.

The .deb files are made available for Precise to Wily, and for both 32 and 64-bit.

By the way, you can use aria2 via Flashgot in Firefox. Your download time will be maximised; i have seen speed of up to 2 mb/sec., depending on the websites and servers.

phat7

Re: uGet 2.0.2

#2 Post by phat7 »

labbe5 wrote:Your download time will be maximised
"When things are bad, we take comfort in the thought that they could always get worse."
Malcolm S Forbes

Amaponian

#3 Post by Amaponian »

uGet 2.0.2 Doesn't even open in Tahrpup 6.05
----------------

Why my uGet doesn't work?

Pelo

Uget with Tahrpup, works with Vividpup 6.5...

#4 Post by Pelo »

Uget with Tahrpup
I am trying UGET with Vividpup 6.5. Uget downloads the video, but i don't know how to stop it !
In the forum, 95% of topics explain how to install, that is easy, even for me.
But using these applications is not explained. That is what i am looking for.

"Uget est un gestionnaire de téléchargement riche en fonctionnalités pour Linux. Même si nous devons utiliser un plug-in (Flash Got) pour le faire fonctionner avec Firefox, il a de bons éléments, comme saisissant le lien de téléchargement depuis le presse-papiers, établir les limites de vitesse, configurer le programme pour arrêter la machine après le téléchargement terminé, etc. Mais, quand il s'agit de la vitesse, pour moi, il m'a donné la moitié de la vitesse de Firefox. Donc, il n'accélère pas nos téléchargements!"
Wget est le plus célèbre application pour télécharger en ligne de Commande. Ouvrez le terminal, tapez wget, espace, l'url du fichier. Vous pouvez également utiliser Flash Got pour télécharger avec wget. Wget est plus rapide que tous les gestionnaires de téléchargement ci-dessus! Un gestionnaire de téléchargement très simple il est livré avec presque toutes les distributions Linux par défaut!

Uget withFirefox needs Flashgot. Use Wget, it is the fastest, no need of Flashgot.
Attachments
uget.jpg
Vivid 6.5 is a Tahrpup, exepted PPM is different
(55.54 KiB) Downloaded 269 times
Last edited by Pelo on Sat 26 Mar 2016, 10:32, edited 4 times in total.

Pelo

no time to have a LTS, excepted on french forum.

#5 Post by Pelo »

Nobody answered since january... users have to assist themselves now, because they build puppies by dozens, no time to have a LTS, excepted on french forum.