Webtorrent Desktop for Linux

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
labbe5

Webtorrent Desktop for Linux

#1 Post by labbe5 »

https://github.com/feross/webtorrent-desktop/releases

Binaries for Ubuntu Puppy 64-bit capable only.

Once installed, run it once from a terminal (if you’ve installed the .deb, simply type “webtorrent-desktop

april

#2 Post by april »

I'm in Australia .
I can get torrents though . Would this be of any use to me ?
Can I get any movies with it?
I don't have a fast internet connection but I will pedal real fast ...honest

bark_bark_bark

#3 Post by bark_bark_bark »

I honestly wouldn't recommend this at all. Just use some other bittorrent client (like qbittorrent), go to kat.cr and, and download torrents for movies from there. The problem with Webtorrent is that it streams the torrent (so not good on slow connection) and the other problem is that it seems to make use of WebRTC (which is a no-no all together).
Last edited by bark_bark_bark on Mon 11 Apr 2016, 08:49, edited 1 time in total.

april

#4 Post by april »

bark_bark_bark wrote:f you think there is something wrong with homosexuality, then you're a blind sheep.
well I think the last thing I would be is a blind sheep

However a union between two same sex people produces nothing and in the long term is totally disruptive to society and humankind. It is an act of selfishness on the part of both and they try to push it on others to justify it in their own minds .

A total perversion . In past times if a man out hunting tried this they would be killed immediately .
That punishment still seems appropriate and will shortly return and catch up with these perverts .

I'm a racist too ....but don't get me started on that.

Oh.... and I use Puppy's "Transmission" and a fine bit of software it is too
Last edited by april on Mon 11 Apr 2016, 08:56, edited 2 times in total.

bark_bark_bark

#5 Post by bark_bark_bark »

april wrote:
bark_bark_bark wrote:f you think there is something wrong with homosexuality, then you're a blind sheep.
well I think the last thing I would be is a blind sheep

However a union between two same sex people produces nothing and in the long term is totally disruptive to society and humankind. It is an act of selfishness on the part of both and they try to push it on others to justify it in their own minds .

A total perversion . In past times if a man out hunting tried this they would be killed immediately .
That punishment still seems appropriate and will shortly return and catch up with these perverts .

I'm a racist too ....but don't get me started on that.
What does your blind and ignorant hate of homosexuals have to do with Webtorrent? I know things get offtopic on linux forums but this is too offtopic, even for a linux forum.

april

#6 Post by april »

Nothing "blind and ignorant" about it . They are your choice of words .
You also choose to push it in the face of others and thats what you get back if you do so from me .

I have given it considerable thought over decades and I know it for the perversion it is and I object to having it rammed down my throat like that . Keep it to yourself and all will be well.

bark_bark_bark

#7 Post by bark_bark_bark »

april wrote:Nothing "blind and ignorant" about it . They are your choice of words .
You also choose to push it in the face of others and thats what you get back if you do so from me .

I have given it considerable thought over decades and I know it for the perversion it is and I object to having it rammed down my throat like that . Keep it to yourself and all will be well.
Actually, I'm not shoving what is the truth on to you. and no, there is noting perverted about being gay. Your homophobic comments against me are harmful to society, but it's clear now you don't seem to care about anyone besides yourself.

april

#8 Post by april »

Your logic is flawed too I am afraid

bark_bark_bark

#9 Post by bark_bark_bark »

you just can't handle the truth, that's all.

labbe5

downloading newest version 0.12.0-1

#10 Post by labbe5 »

https://github.com/feross/webtorrent-desktop/releases

It is an easy install for Mintpup. Don't look for it in the menu, you have to type webtorrent desktop in terminal emulator, and a window appears with some items.