Realbasic program I wrote won't execute: file missing.

Booting, installing, newbie
kobolds

Realbasic program I wrote won't execute: file missing.

#1 Post by kobolds »

I try to execute a program that I wrote using Realbasic but getting error missing some file. I don't have any problem when I try using suse or redhat . do I need anything to be able it work on puppy

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#2 Post by Lobster »

You probably need 'some file'. Tell us what that is. Puppy does not have all the libraries and files that Suse and other larger Linux do. Consequently some extra tweaking may be required.
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

kobolds

#3 Post by kobolds »

LibCups.so.2

please tell me how do i do tweaking.

thks

muggins

#4 Post by muggins »

here's libcups.so.2 . just extract the file & copy it to /usr/lib
Attachments
libcups.so.2.tar.gz
(52.08 KiB) Downloaded 365 times

kobolds

#5 Post by kobolds »

thks ,
I using the puppy cd to boot. so how do i copy into it.

kobolds

#6 Post by kobolds »

ok ,after spend some time reading the help on creating puppy iso (puppy unleashed) .
before what I want is include my program into the live cd and when boot to desktop , auto run my program . I need to include 2 file into it
1. libcups.so.2 into /usr/lib
2. myProgram into any (ex. /usr/local/myprogram)

here I guess the step to create (please fill up the blank and mistake)
1. create one linux partition (ext2/ext3)(1gb) and one linux swap partition(500mb)
2. boot puppy live cd
3. use file manager to mount the partition (nothing inside) .
4. download and copy to this partition puppy-unleashed-core-2.13.tar.gz
5. tar -zxf puppy-unleashed-core-2.13.tar.gz
this will create a directory puppy-unleashed-core-2.13
6. inside this directory there be package directory (empty).
here it ask me to download files from pupget_packages-1
since I not adding any package so should I skip this part?
if i skip is this mean no application installed (just os only)
7 ./createpuppy

question
1. where the part I should include my 2 files.
2. where do i make changes in script so when it get inside desktop it auto execute my program.
3. how do I set default setting for keyboard and screen size ,so it doesn't prompt when booting

muggins

#7 Post by muggins »

kobolds,

excuse me if i misunderstand what you're trying to do, but when you're booting from a pupcdrom, unless you're not saving any configuration, then you'll either be saving back to a multisession cdrom, or saving to a pup_save.sfs file on either hdisk, or usbkey.

so if you're saving with either of the last two methods, getting your program to run involves just extracting the libcups file to /usr/lib ,& copying your executable program to /usr/bin. (this last is assuming it's a self-contained executable, any /usr/library &/or /usr/share files will have to be similarly copied).

then running your program, xxx, on reboot, depends upon whether it's commandline or graphical. if commandline, adding a line to /etc/rc.d/rc.local, like: exec xxx should be OK, if graphical, then add a line to /root/.xinitrc , before the line saying exec $CURRENTWM, like exec xxx &

if your intention is to modify your cdrom to create a minimalistic version, including your program, please disregard the above.

kobolds

#8 Post by kobolds »

muggins wrote:kobolds,

excuse me if i misunderstand what you're trying to do, but when you're booting from a pupcdrom, unless you're not saving any configuration, then you'll either be saving back to a multisession cdrom, or saving to a pup_save.sfs file on either hdisk, or usbkey.

so if you're saving with either of the last two methods, getting your program to run involves just extracting the libcups file to /usr/lib ,& copying your executable program to /usr/bin. (this last is assuming it's a self-contained executable, any /usr/library &/or /usr/share files will have to be similarly copied).

then running your program, xxx, on reboot, depends upon whether it's commandline or graphical. if commandline, adding a line to /etc/rc.d/rc.local, like: exec xxx should be OK, if graphical, then add a line to /root/.xinitrc , before the line saying exec $CURRENTWM, like exec xxx &

if your intention is to modify your cdrom to create a minimalistic version, including your program, please disregard the above.
thks for your reply.
my intention is to modify cd to create a minimalistic version, including my program.