lzip-1.18

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
musher0

lzip-1.18

#1 Post by musher0 »

Hello all.

Forum member "dingo" presented lzip here a few years ago. It's the same app
with internal improvements and evolutions, so I won't repeat what dingo said.

I am attaching the latest version as of today. I compiled it on Slim-6, a slacko-6.3
derivative, which has an ldd (aka glibc or C library) of 2.17.

If that latest version doesn't work because of the high C library version, for an lzip
compiled on a lower glibc (version 2.13, IIRC), you may want to try lzip-1.15, which
I presented earlier here.

Enjoy!
Attachments
lzip-1.18.pet
Lzip probably creates the most compact archives of all.
(64.83 KiB) Downloaded 249 times
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

Sailor Enceladus

#2 Post by Sailor Enceladus »

I think it uses the same compression as xz? I got similar results for both in a limited test. The lz wrapper for XArchive/rox doesn't seem to be set up as well as the xz one to open and extract them though, so I'll stick to keep using xz I guess... :?: :lol:

edit: Here's a simple pet that gives lz files an icon in Rox and extracts them when you click (for use with musher or dingos pet).
Attachments
lz-roxOpen.pet
(3.01 KiB) Downloaded 252 times

musher0

#3 Post by musher0 »

Sailor Enceladus wrote:I think it uses the same compression as xz? I got similar results for both in a limited test. The lz wrapper for XArchive/rox doesn't seem to be set up as well as the xz one to open and extract them though, so I'll stick to keep using xz I guess... :?: :lol:

edit: Here's a simple pet that gives lz files an icon in Rox and extracts them when you click (for use with musher or dingos pet).
Hi Sailor.

I haven't investigated how lz compares to xz. But I've just tested your small pet, and
it's very efficient and very useful. Many thanks!

BFN.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)