Video GUI for mplayer

Booting, installing, newbie
slavvo67

Video GUI for mplayer

#1 Post by slavvo67 »

Looking for a lightweight, low dependency front-end to mplayer. Tried MPV from the PPM which seems ok with headphones but I can't get enough volume with regular speakers. Xerus and RUXerus have Xine as default which is fine but I want something lighter and easier to use as an alternative....

Sailor Enceladus

#2 Post by Sailor Enceladus »

I'm just using GNOME mplayer 1.0.9 with the # patch (for videos and music). It's not perfect, but it works well enough for me and I never saw a huge reason to use anything else. I think it is light-weight enough, but I might be overlooking something. I'm guessing you've used it, since it's been in slacko forever. I would enjoy hearing a review of what you like and dislike about it.

rcrsn51

#3 Post by rcrsn51 »

PeasyMP3 can act as a basic front-end for mplayer video, although some people don't consider a GTKdialog app to be light-weight.

You would need to learn the mplayer keyboard controls.

slavvo67

#4 Post by slavvo67 »

@rcrsn51

Thank you for your Peasy applications. They are most helpful. I chose to put together a small bash script on the desktop to handle either playing a full directory, one item or creating a playlists. I call it MM-Play and if things go well, it will be in the next RUXerus64. Like your Peasy applications, it doesn't require installing additional items. I prefer not to add bulk if I can help it.

Anyway, thanks again!

Slavvo67

Pelo

Xhippo comes back on some Puppies.

#5 Post by Pelo »

Xhippo comes back on some Puppies. It's a light one.. as MPV
xhippo topic Click the blue.. There are more.. Use search engine.
Xhippo has a volume control, if i remember.
Why not Gnome-mplayer, the most popular
Attachments
gramps.jpg
MPV playing MPEG (personal video) . MPV installed as default on some stretch distros
(55.64 KiB) Downloaded 177 times

hamoudoudou

keyboard commands for MPV

#6 Post by hamoudoudou »

Attachments
Forgeron.jpg
MPV as default player in DebianDogs
(90.79 KiB) Downloaded 121 times