adrv for Racy

Using applications, configuring, problems
nic007

adrv for Racy

#1 Post by nic007 »

I made an adrv_racy_5.5.sfs (copying the contents of the save file) and placed it in the directory of the frugal install but it won't boot up automatically. Should I change anything else to get it to work?

watchdog

#2 Post by watchdog »

Wary and Racy are built with Woof old style and not woof-ce: no adrv. I just have rebuilt the main sfs merging the savefile in it and it works on my the same machine.

nic007

#3 Post by nic007 »

Thanks, watchdog

LazY Puppy

#4 Post by LazY Puppy »

You could just load the adrv sfs to a top layer e.g. at /root/Startup.

Script by mikeb.
RSH

"you only wanted to work your Puppies in German", "you are a separatist in that you want Germany to secede from Europe" (musher0) :lol:

No, but I gave my old drum kit away for free to a music store collecting instruments for refugees! :wink:

nic007

#5 Post by nic007 »

Hi LP, how do I implement this script? I named it "loader". Where do I place it and what is the command to load adrv_racy_5.5.sfs (with this via /root/startup) Does it matter where the adrv.sfs is situated. Obviously the idea is to boot without a save file and use the adrv.sfs as the "save file". Thanks

musher0

#6 Post by musher0 »

Hi nic007.

Merge the contents of what you have as "adrv" with the contents of the zdrv.sfs ?

Or simply load this adrv.sfs through sfs_load as you would any other sfs?

BFN.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

nic007

#7 Post by nic007 »

musher0 wrote:Hi nic007.

Merge the contents of what you have as "adrv" with the contents of the zdrv.sfs ?

Or simply load this adrv.sfs through sfs_load as you would any other sfs?

BFN.
Won't work this way because of the layer system. Must have preference like a save file. Apparently mikeb's script works differently to sfs_load in this regard.

LazY Puppy

#8 Post by LazY Puppy »

nic007 wrote:Hi LP, how do I implement this script? I named it "loader". Where do I place it and what is the command to load adrv_racy_5.5.sfs (with this via /root/startup) Does it matter where the adrv.sfs is situated. Obviously the idea is to boot without a save file and use the adrv.sfs as the "save file". Thanks
If you put this loader script into /usr/sbin I think it should work like this:

loader "/path/and/name.sfs"

Calling again loader "/path/and/name.sfs" should unload -be careful on that.

Though, maybe you should run this even before X is activated - depends on what settings are stored. If there's a e.g. different screen resolution used/stored, I think it definitely needs to be executed before X is running.
RSH

"you only wanted to work your Puppies in German", "you are a separatist in that you want Germany to secede from Europe" (musher0) :lol:

No, but I gave my old drum kit away for free to a music store collecting instruments for refugees! :wink:

watchdog

#9 Post by watchdog »

LazY Puppy wrote: If you put this loader script into /usr/sbin I think it should work like this:
The mikeb's script can work with some workarounds about PuppyPin and globicons. Fixmenus and X restart required to the adrv load having effect so I cannot put a script in Startup. I prefer the rebuilding of the main sfs as cleaner way to achieve the result.

nic007

#10 Post by nic007 »

Too many issues with this. Tried it and issues with things like incorrect background image, icons and menu entries. Not worth the effort in my view. Better off to just use a very small save file for the odd change in personal settings (my save file is 32Mb with 15Mb free).