Internet Radio Player

Browsers, email, chat, etc.
stemsee

Internet Radio Player

#1 Post by stemsee »

Comprehensive and easy to use internet radio app. Add stations from huge database by name or category, drag'n'drop. Rip stream. Pause play-back and resume with same station. One click to change preset stations in gui window.
Tested on Wheezy and Tahr and DebianDog 64 -32. Llightweight @ 1094KB

Simply the best radio app I have ever used.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_gaN1 ... sp=sharing

by Fredx181

Hosted by stemsee
Attachments
capture31064.jpg
(38.84 KiB) Downloaded 2362 times

greengeek

#2 Post by greengeek »

Seems to need yad, which I don't have on my Slacko 5.6 derivative yet.

EDIT : added yad but now it's asking for conky too.

EDIT : added conky and now dogradio starts but has no display just a dead icon in system tray. Not sure what I've done wrong - will report back if I make progress.
Attachments
dogradio.jpg
(10.42 KiB) Downloaded 2300 times

bruno

Dog Radio

#3 Post by bruno »

Just tried it in Dpup Wheezy 3.5.2.11
Doesn't start, asks for conky

hamoudoudou

yad not installed

#4 Post by hamoudoudou »

yad not installed slacko 5.5 downloded from ppm, libc6 missing

gcmartin

#5 Post by gcmartin »

Dog-Radio is described and available here. ... too.

Hope this is helpful

stemsee

#6 Post by stemsee »

yes thanks
Only mplayer, yad and conky are required to run it.

greengeek

#7 Post by greengeek »

My problems were caused by a too-old version of yad. Dog Radio now works for me on Slacko 5.6 using the latest version of yad which I have compiled for Slacko 5.6 here

Very easy program to use. Good listening.

perdido

#8 Post by perdido »

greengeek wrote:My problems were caused by a too-old version of yad. Dog Radio now works for me on Slacko 5.6 using the latest version of yad which I have compiled for Slacko 5.6 here

Very easy program to use. Good listening.
Puppy Precise 5.7.1 yad version was too old, updated with your Slacko-compiled yad and works great. Thanks +1 :)

Robert123

#9 Post by Robert123 »

This package I found combines Yad, dogradio and conky in one package:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/anitao ... t/download

Running on Puppy Slack 5.31.

rufwoof

#10 Post by rufwoof »

Dropped the DD64 dogradio pet into Debian Jessie KDE frugal, extracted the content to the /usr ...etc folders and after adding in a few more apt-get's (conky, streamer ...) ... its running beautifully. Thanks. The best I've seen/used also.
Attachments
snapshot1.jpg
(32.94 KiB) Downloaded 1646 times

fredx181

#11 Post by fredx181 »

DogRadio new version 0.0.7, some small changes:
- Fixed buggy search (previously worked well only when dogradio was restarted after one search done)
- removed/replaced dead stations on the main GUI
- Updated database (Radiosure.playlist)

Pet package:
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=down ... 1c1b3pFdDA

Demo on Youtube (my first demo, so forgive me for being amateuristic please :)) :
https://youtu.be/4G8CbLHK24Q
Made by using weX, screencast application by mcewanw (William)

Included in the pet is yad (version 0.33), other dependencies are conky and mplayer, install them through PPM

EDIT: re-uploaded the pet (same link above) but removed yad from it, so is required to have it installed (version higher than 0.20).

Fred
Last edited by fredx181 on Fri 11 Nov 2016, 22:50, edited 1 time in total.

stemsee

#12 Post by stemsee »

Hi Fred

Thanks for the pet!

the var directories, one in tree for 0.0.6 and one out of tree next level up has 0.0.7!

I removed the usr/bin dir with yad binary, because it is 32bit.

I repackaged as an sfs and now plays well on JL64-710. However when I change stations/streams there is quite a delay for buffering, I guess, then up comes a message, 'failed to connect to stream' after closing that the stream plays fine.

Cheers
stemsee

fredx181

#13 Post by fredx181 »

Hi Stemsee,

Indeed better without yad included, re-uploaded, see EDIT in my previous post.
Hopefully I did the packaging correct now.
However when I change stations/streams there is quite a delay for buffering, I guess, then up comes a message, 'failed to connect to stream' after closing that the stream plays fine.
Strange.. I get the failed message (almost) always when it really fails to connect (just tested on Tahrpup and much on Debiandog).
Maybe it has to do with your mplayer version, anyway I increased the timeout a little from 7 to 10.
It's in ~/.dogradio/data/func line 88 and 158 TIMEOUT=10
This way it takes 10 sec until the failed message appears.

EDIT: You can check maybe if for you "busybox timeout" has the -t SECS option:

Code: Select all

busybox timeout
Usage: timeout [-t SECS] [-s SIG] PROG ARGS]
(if your busybox even has timeout of course)

Fred

Mike Walsh

#14 Post by Mike Walsh »

Hallo, fredx181 / stemsee:-

I have to agree with everybody else; this is indeed one of the best stream players I've come across. Well done!

Just installed in rg66's X-Slacko 2.3.2 (based on 570), and it works a treat.

I've got a query. I'm attempting to add some custom radio stations.....and this is where I'm coming unstuck. I first tried using the URL of the station as it appeared in the browser address bar when any given station was playing, but of course, this doesn't work. Most of these stations also have additional bumf in the URL about 'stream generators' and 'playlist-extras', etc., which is all extraneous to what you actually want.

How the hell do you extract the .pls or .m3u stream from all this junk, in a format that DogRadio can recognise and use? I tried doing this sort of thing with RadioTray a while back, and before that, with rcrsn51's PeasyMP3 player (Semme helped me out there, but he didn't actually tell me how he'd done it!) At the time, I was listening a lot to RadioTunes; you used to be able to utilise their .pls stream in other players, before they tightened everything up and insisted that you must use the browser player.....or nothing.

Semme converted a set of RadioTunes streams for me (I'm grateful for that), but it would have been more to the point if he'd told me how to do it for myself..... :roll:

Looking at the URLs in the ~/.dogradio/playlist directory, I see most of them are .m3u.....and also, most of them seem to be in numerical format (??)

Advice would be appreciated here, from anybody who knows what they're doing with these. I'm lost, I don't mind admitting.....

Mike. :wink:

Mike Walsh

#15 Post by Mike Walsh »

Curiouser & curiouser. I've just installed DogRadio into vanilla 570 itself, along with gg's yad, and conky from the PPM.

It all runs.....but I have no audio output. Just checked with RadioTunes in the browser (I have an a/c with them)....and the audio's fine there. Anybody got any suggestions?

Mike. :wink:

stemsee

#16 Post by stemsee »

Sorry for not addressing your queries mike! Actually hoping fredx will address them as he has the necessary expertise, this being his baby ... lol

XP Refugee

#17 Post by XP Refugee »

it has no controls. Audio came out of the tiny laptop speakers and NO WAY could I get it to come out of the external speaker or find a way to switch it. It also took out audio in Pmusic, which I'll stick with for the time being.

slavvo67

#18 Post by slavvo67 »

RU Xerus needed conky. Easy download from PPM with about 5 dependencies. Works well....

orrin

#19 Post by orrin »

I just use http://tunein.com/ for access to radio stations worldwide. Most of them play just fine in Slacko 6.3.2. No need to download an ap.
[color=#FF0000]Engineer/Photographer/Webmaster[/color]
[img]https://i.postimg.cc/fL9MypfV/sig-image.png[/img]

festus

#20 Post by festus »

I just discovered this fantastic radio application, it's by far the best, in my humble opinion.

I installed it on all four of the pups and, stretch-dog being used at this time.

My saved stations include: folk, bluegrass, gospel, rock, jazz, blues, classic-rock, classical, r&b, soul, country, love-songs, talk-news, foreign-stations, Old-Time-Radio-Stories and local stations-don't think anything is forgotten. :)

The family is downright entertained by listening to dogradio.

Will explore more in the time to come...

With much thanks to, Fred and stemsee, the maker/provider of dogradio,

festus