JWMDesk-2.5

Window managers, icon programs, widgets, etc.
MochiMoppel

#21 Post by MochiMoppel »

An erroneous error message. You might want to rephrase the message or fix the application. Seems that currently PuppyPin is the only pinboard supported :cry:
Attachments
bogus_deskset_error_message.png
(33.77 KiB) Downloaded 1190 times

radky

#22 Post by radky »

MochiMoppel wrote:An erroneous error message. You might want to rephrase the message or fix the application. Seems that currently PuppyPin is the only pinboard supported :cry:
Hi MochiMoppel,

Yes, the 'Icon Layout' button of JWMDesk calls 01micko's desksetup.sh applet which specifically supports the 'PuppyPin' pinboard of the typical Puppy distro. No other pinboards are currently supported.

At the moment, no additional updates are planned for JWMDesk though rephrasing the error message of the desksetup.sh applet seems appropriate for future updates.

Thanks for your comments! :)
[color=blue][b][url=http://www.smokey01.com/radky/PupMates.html]PupMates[/url][/b][/color]

bigpup

#23 Post by bigpup »

Latest version of Tahrpup 6.0.4 is now using JWMDesk
From change list.
JWM desk manager replaces lots of entries in the desktop menu (radky)
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

radky

#24 Post by radky »

JWMDesk-1.3. See first post.
- Add layer option to JWM tray management (above, normal, below).
- Add support for all tray-placement options in legacy and modern JWM (left, center and right for horizontal and vertical trays). Note: Autohide is automatically disabled for horizontal trays centered vertically (or vertical trays centered horizontally).
- Update JWM Theme Switcher with support for legacy and jwm_config desktop environments.
- Increase available size options for the initial JWMDesk window (adjust GUI to smaller screens).
- Add support for qwallpaper (Desktop tab).
- Bugfix: add support for JWM theming parameters specified by the jwm_config desktop environment.
- Bugfix: add compatibility mode for jwmrc-tray configuration and tray-button management in the jwm_config desktop environment. Note: JWMDesk automatically concatenates TrayButton items (menu labels and button launchers) to the left side of the tray.
- Bugfix: update the alert message when launching desksetup.sh and the desktop pinboard is not PuppyPin. (thanks MochiMoppel)
- Bugfix: disregard invalid XML tags in some jwmrc-tray files.
[color=blue][b][url=http://www.smokey01.com/radky/PupMates.html]PupMates[/url][/b][/color]

oui

#25 Post by oui »

are actual Jwm implementations yet able to show a background jpeg picture without the help of an external tool like xli, feh, rox etc? if yes, also in DebianDog 32 or 64 Jessie? if yes, how to o that?

MochiMoppel

#26 Post by MochiMoppel »

oui wrote:are actual Jwm implementations yet able to show a background jpeg picture without the help of an external tool like xli, feh, rox etc?
JWM never needed the help of other applications to show a background image. The Background tag for JWM desktops supports various attributes, one of them being "image". You only need to provide the path of your image. While "image" results in a stretched image (if the native size is not optimized for the screen resolution), with version 2.3 JWM added the new attribute "scale", which allegedly results in a scaled image. Haven't tested though.

torm

#27 Post by torm »

Hello!
Is it going to be *.svg only about window buttons?

radky

#28 Post by radky »

JWMDesk-2.0. see first post.
- Add support for simultaneous management of two panels (main panel & accessory launcher panel). Note: Support for panel (tray) buttons may vary significantly in older versions of JWM. For example, in JWM vgit-976, icons may not resize correctly in vertical accessory panels.
- Adjust modules of Window, Tray and Launcher tabs for improved access to individual options
- Add (optional) control of window and menu geometry (titlebar height, window border width and menu icon height) in all supported versions of JWM, plus control of window corner radius in JWM vgit >=1215 or standard versions >=2.3.2). Note: Disable (uncheck) this option and control of window geometry reverts to jwmrc or the current jwm theme.
- Add treeview application icons to Launcher tab and implement single-click addition of new panel buttons (code from PupMenu)
- Add option to manually edit JWM profiles
- Add support for menu management in Puppy distros with no default menumanager
- Add support for management of pixmap (raster) images in taskbar buttons (requires JWM vgit >=848 or standard version >=2.2.0)
- Add spash screen
- Adjust compatibility with jwm_config environment (including support for hybrid-tray autohide and graphic delineation of tray placement). Thank you zigbert.
- Adjust theme_switcher GUI for legacy JWM
- Remove JWMDesk support for button borders in legacy JWM
- Bugfix: autodetect width of vertical trays
Last edited by radky on Mon 18 Jan 2016, 15:17, edited 1 time in total.

radky

#29 Post by radky »

oui wrote:are actual Jwm implementations yet able to show a background jpeg picture without the help of an external tool like xli, feh, rox etc? if yes, also in DebianDog 32 or 64 Jessie? if yes, how to o that?
Thanks for your question oui, and thank you MochiMoppel for the excellent response. :)

radky

#30 Post by radky »

torm wrote:Hello!
Is it going to be *.svg only about window buttons?
Hi torm,

JWMdesk-2.0 supports svg and bitmap images for the window buttons. See first post.

Thanks

oui

#31 Post by oui »

Hallo

Thank you for the attention but I don't know if it is really an excellent reponse because it does not work as easilly as you are saying :roll:

and in older doc's from jwm, is was explained that only binaries compiled for viewing some pictures can show them :idea: ...

it is the reason of my question, see above, the important word is YET :wink:

if you don't meet a binary compiled explicitely to show pictures (jpeg etc library are bound, ..., or, even, not in :x ) you have probably no chance! and as our binaries come all today from external binary depositories, it is well possible that the graphic libraries are not bound :idea:

(hm, I am actually more in DebianDog Jessie 32 or 64... but, as I know, the binaries from ubuntu are exactly the same...)

torm

#32 Post by torm »

..just an idea..
is it possible to,
- write some script that, when clicked, selects settings (profile) for JWM-Desk?
Or..
Imagine a theme*.pet that installs JWM/Gtk2/cursor-themes/wallpaper/icons/.. in proper
locations, and then places a (profile) entry in JWM-Desk, or something similar?
Or is it too far off? :roll:

radky

#33 Post by radky »

Hi torm,

If I understand correctly, your questions pertain to global theming profiles rather than configuration profiles such as jwmrc-tray and jwmrc-personal.

In fact, a global-theme option (with pre-configured individual themes) is a major feature of zigbert's jwm_config environment (currently available in Slacko-6.3.0).

So, yes it is possible. :)

On the other hand, JWMdesk is primarily for management of configuration profiles and individual settings in the JWM environment.

JWMdesk is not designed for global theming, though support is provided for quick access to existing global themes in the jwm_config environment.

Thanks for your questions!

torm

#34 Post by torm »

From clock area size to whatnot..
jwm_config ?
huh, somehow I've overlooked it completely.
..even if there were few traces of pTheme in TahrPup that messed up some notebook widgets with any darker themes around... :?
Will check out Slacko then, to see what it does.
Thanks.

Edit:

Well, not my cup of tea...

I was thinking more of a " click-ok" installer, that does the magic under the hood, no matter if it accepts or ignores the settings provided by the script in the pet or not..
I don't really know what I'm talking about here,
nevermind :D

radky

#35 Post by radky »

JWMDesk-2.1. See first post.
- Add compatibility with recent changes in JWM theming as defined by Woof-CE
- Add 'Trash icon only' option to desksetup.sh utility (Icon Layout button)

UncleBaldie

#36 Post by UncleBaldie »

Hi radky,
Dangnabit, I installed Tahr pup 6.0.5, and am greatly enjoying puppy after a break for a couple of years.
The current JWMDesk manager is 1.3, and does not seem to support adding shortcuts for the mouse buttons.
Zigbert pointed me to this thread, and I find that you have withdrawn JWMDesk-2.1, which I believe supported mouse shortcuts.

Dangnabit, I say again !
Crackin' cheese, Gromit lad...
[img]http://www.lichfieldecclesia.org/462665.png[/img]

Woof-woof......oh yes !!

scsijon

#37 Post by scsijon »

Radky,

I'll agree with UncleBaldy here. At least please have it available for us to play with, even if you don't intend to proceed with it further.

I was hoping to use it with my Puppy T290 and thus allow adjustments easier to make, plus save some others from being needed.

radky

#38 Post by radky »

JWMdesk is now available in the first post of this thread.

UncleBaldie, welcome back to the Puppy community. :)

Scsijon, the thought of a new T2-crafted Puppy is certainly intriguing. We look forward to your Beta release of Puppy T290.

recobayu

#39 Post by recobayu »

Now jwm-2.3.6 is released. It can aerosnap window. Maybe jwmdesk could add this feature.
At window height, why i can not set it to 1? So I can make it like i3wm. Because i can move window by shortcut win+arrow using stickyjwm here:
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 550#910550
Or by alt+drag.
Thank you.

radky

#40 Post by radky »

JWMDesk-2.2
- Add support for the aerosnap option of JWM >= 2.3.6 (thanks recobayu)
- Add support for titlebar height of 1-64 pixels
- Add support for the new binary-detection heuristics of grep >= 2.21
- Adjust integration with the jwm_config desktop environment of Woof-CE

JWMDesk-2.2.1
- Adjust user interface
- Bugfix: intermittent 'unary operator expected' error messages in tahrpup & xenialpup