Is Devuan (Debian fork) still in woof-CE?

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
edoc

Is Devuan (Debian fork) still in woof-CE?

#1 Post by edoc »

I spotted this on HitHub:
"mavrothal merged commit 92fe1c3 into puppylinux-woof-CE:testing on Apr 19, 2015"

Does this mean that Devuan compatibility is built into woof-CE?
[b]Thanks! David[/b]
[i]Home page: [/i][url]http://nevils-station.com[/url]
[i]Don't google[/i] [b]Search![/b] [url]http://duckduckgo.com[/url]
TahrPup64 & Lighthouse64-b602 & JL64-603

jlst

#2 Post by jlst »

Yes, it's supported but it seems that no one is working on it. iguleder was the one who added devuan support, but he's busy and he said some weeks ago that his forum account is locked or something and that he prefers to talk where the code is.. the git repo.

Some people might already working on it, but if they don't try to find their way to contribute to the git repo (add their changes there), it will look as if nobody is working on it.. I can contact people and try to merge their stuff, but the process of communication and coming to an agreement is such a hard work and i'm running out of words

learnhow2code

#3 Post by learnhow2code »

jlst wrote:Yes, it's supported but it seems that no one is working on it. iguleder was the one who added devuan support, but he's busy and he said some weeks ago that his forum account is locked or something and that he prefers to talk where the code is.. the git repo.
i see him in irc if anyone is looking for him or would like me to give him a message. i offered to contact mods about unlocking his account (im not sure locked is the right word, that implies that it was done intentionally-- but more like locked out, as in left keys inside) but i dont think he is interested in his account here right now. are there other people here with experience debianizing puppy? i think iguleder is the main one, but not the only one.