Phasing out PETs

What features/apps/bugfixes needed in a future Puppy
learnhow2code

Re: Everybody here want to keep pet system !

#61 Post by learnhow2code »

Pelo wrote:Somewhere deeply hidden in the puppy blog, is Micko's proposal to eventually get rid of PETs
nothing is deeply hidden in the puppy blog anymore... now that we are on to his evil plans, we can build an army and storm the castle by night. this monster will not prevail!

viva la puppy!

viva la dot-pets!

onward, men, to blog castle!
This is madness!
THIS IS PUPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jlst

#62 Post by jlst »

Last edited by jlst on Wed 13 Jul 2016, 01:55, edited 1 time in total.

Sailor Enceladus

#63 Post by Sailor Enceladus »

:lol:

In a bizarre turn of events, Pelo actually gets angry about someone having issues with puppy here:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=912344#912344

learnhow2code

#64 Post by learnhow2code »

jlst wrote:I don't think this thread should be closed.. it should be deleted.
it should be renamed to: "urban legend: .pets are being abandoned"

Pelo

Let the machine do

#65 Post by Pelo »

Let the machine do
Attachments
Xnoise.png
Xnoise in fact is provided as pet around 2MB
(147.02 KiB) Downloaded 270 times

Pelo

Sailor Enceladus , i got angry, why ?

#66 Post by Pelo »

Sailor Enceladus , i got angry, why ?
Just an exemple :
Mister X is an Linux expert , great helper in ZZZZZZ derivative of Slacko 5.9.3, released by XXXXX
He compiled a version of audacious 3.7.2 for XXXXX, but will not share it in ZZZZZ repository, where version available is around 2.4

Is the way GNU Linux is going, perhaps soon we will have to buy pets !
Slackware and Ubuntu gave access to txz or Deb software , can we ask our dear newbies to compile their software ? 90% of people loading french puppies does not speak english and are unable to read help in this forum, the same for spanish Puppy users (chinese and arabic citizen i don't know)

They ask help via Facebook or specific for(a), released here and there..
:evil: yes, i am angry, Everybody must join the union jack, stop the Brexit :!: Barry Kauler was asking everyone to carry there pet in a common place.. That was a good idea. Now BK has left the leadership.

jlst

#67 Post by jlst »

Last edited by jlst on Wed 13 Jul 2016, 01:57, edited 2 times in total.

learnhow2code

Re: Sailor Enceladus , i got angry, why ?

#68 Post by learnhow2code »

Pelo wrote:90% of people loading french puppies does not speak english and are unable to read help in this forum
are you suggesting that you should help french users, or that we should learn french? because the first one sounds more practical. also, since when do 90% of french users not speak english?

i would believe any number up to 60%, but we have had french puppy users for many years-- surely someone can assist or translate when needed.

if they do not post here in french http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/index.php?f=26 then they should not expect french answers. i mean, thats what our french forum is for, to provide help in french!

Pelo

Assistance by forum members

#69 Post by Pelo »

I was suggesting that experts make pets, and share them for everybody.
Users are so many and from all countries. to make pets
A: You must speak english
B : you Must speak Linux
C : you know how to compile.

Medor helps a lot french users for their trouble with french Puppies, even if they are not just issued asToutou 431, still succesfull. But he is only one person, and ubuntu Puppies are not his goal. He is the only man that succeeds to compile pets. A repository is available for Slaxen and Toutou, to get easy life to passengers. (french needed)
:D Paquets Français, free of charge
http://toutoulinux.free.fr/pet.php .

Nilson Morales is expert to, for its Pupjibaros.
Never they ask their users : Do it yourself, because users will leave elsewhere. back to windows ! Repositories for spanihs puppies, full of pets, are offered to usarios. (Nilson speaks english)
Facebook is the easier way to meet him, among newbies.
He generally compiles what you want, if he is able to.

Hungarian, ask s-kami, in this forum.

Sure if you use their Puppies, you will be welcome better.

starhawk

#70 Post by starhawk »

@Pelo -- do you know about dir2pet...? I've used it... a couple years ago. While reasonably fluent in American English, I did not know Linux well (I still don't :oops: ), and I did not know how to compile successfully.

It worked anyways.

Making *.pet packages is apparently not only for experts any more! :wink:

Pelo

Dir2pet and Gnewpet are not making pets

#71 Post by Pelo »

Dir2pet and Gnewpet are not making pets. You just change the label of a package .deb or tar.xz to ext .pet.
Dir2pet would be more making a package, because you must fill dir with libs, that is what would frighten our newbies, and me.

simple copy and past of and existing package done by a different distro.
The contents are the same. No need to be expert.
Ask Medor, our french cooker, if his pets are just copy and paste.
Starhawk go and tell him in french forum, in English, i will translate.
Or Join Argolance and Musher0 having spent more than one day choosing dependancies For nightingale. Help Musher0, making its scripts and pets !