Xfmedia: A Lightweight Media Player (Xine fronend) for XFCE

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
Dougal

Xfmedia: A Lightweight Media Player (Xine fronend) for XFCE

#1 Post by Dougal »

(compiled on Puppy 2.10)

Please note: these dotpups are meant to go with my xfce-4.2.3.2 dotpup. If you don't use XFCE, use PupGet to install Barry's Xfmedia package.

Xfmedia is a lightweight media player for the XFCE desktop environment.
It is a Xine (libxine) front-end, which means that anything you can play with Gxine you can also play with Xfmedia.

If you use a UTF-8 locale with non-Latin characters, it will display filenames correctly without a problem! (can't say that about any other media player..)

It is nice and simple and works well, can

Pelo

I recommend it to newest XFCE puppies born 2016

#2 Post by Pelo »

I recommend it to newest XFCE puppies born 2016. Will be a perfect choice for Slim Slacko here !
Tested on Saluki for my old laptop Acer Aspire 1640, born 2004, equipped only with 512 MB ram and only one processor
When VLC fails, XFmedia does the job (XFCE Puppies, of course)
Here playing DVD chapters, choosed with the mouse.. What is unable to do my Gnome Mplayer..
For latest XFmedia pets, take a glance at Carolina stores.
Attachments
1966 England.jpg
1966 Wembley
(49.1 KiB) Downloaded 352 times

Pelo

XFmedia seems outdated...

#3 Post by Pelo »

:( XFmedia seems outdated... available in PPM puppy 4.
Will we succeed to get it playing our MP4 and Avi with the X-slacko slim.. Working on that...
Of course, xfmedia plays DVDS, that is part of its job. Unfortunately we shall have to keep other media players, that is bad for a Slim Slacko, which could get fat...
"Features:
Parole features playback of local media files, including video with subtitles support, Audio CDs, DVDs, and live streams. Parole is also extensible via plugins
."
that will help, XFmedia website or english speaking linux citizens. personally, i give up.

the best mediaplayer
Attachments
xfmedia.png
XFCE 410 by Jejy69 (Imported from France)
(30.38 KiB) Downloaded 313 times
Last edited by Pelo on Sat 05 Nov 2016, 01:28, edited 1 time in total.

TyroBGinner

Seriously??

#4 Post by TyroBGinner »

You are digging up a message from ten years ago. Literally ten years ago. That is not an exaggeration. This is completely ridiculous. Cease this practice of yours. It serves only to clutter the forum.

Pelo

. If we get Xfmedia up do date,

#5 Post by Pelo »

X-slacko Slim just born needs Xfmedia to run. If we get Xfmedia up do date, it's to give information to testers. And it will e addded here, whateverver people non using xfmedia think. Generally people as you wants only the application dies forgetten.
xfmedia will play your DVDs, full chapters.
I Quote Yr message in X-Slacko forum, you are worth to be known. Perhaps i am wrong, we shall see.
click the blue

Pelo

version installed by mistfire is 0.9.2,(2016)

#6 Post by Pelo »

version installed by mistfire is 0.9.2,
About the birth date of XFCE Apps, i Will advise, checking..
"New iteration of X-slacko Slim has been released
Changelog:
* Organized PPM .package directory structure
* With MTP client
* It has a feature to convert Slitaz, Tiny Core Linux, Alpine Linux, and Pisi Linux packages into PET packages
* xfmedia replaced mplayer.
* Some fixes on the scripts in puppy.
* The ISO files was slightly enlarged due to webkitgtk and gstreamer "
tar.bz

TyroBGinner

#7 Post by TyroBGinner »

I am referrring not to this particular program, but instead to your general habit of constantly bringing up old, irrelevant material. If some item, idea, or program is important and relevant, there is likely an active thread for it here. If not, then you should sparingly introduce new subjects, appropriately, by using a new topic.

Pelo

that is the rule of the forum to underline what works,

#8 Post by Pelo »

If i wake up topics, its because they are relevant about a Puppy version, running on my computer or other users computers. unfortunately developers are missing for applications,
I don't wake up applications that i am not using, right now. But if they still play my CDs or DVS, that is the rule of the forum to underline what works, whatever is the date of the application, because stuff is more and more not doing Job. .
People often create new topic before searching in the past.But people getting answer to solve the problem browse the forum. One subject, one place. Category unsorted is bad.. But don't post anywhere, and don't post is the answer yet exist.