Network Config Needs Fixing

Please post any bugs you have found
bigpup

#21 Post by bigpup »

You can put the script in the startup directory. That should make it load on startup. Make sure it is set as executable in its properties.
There is a readme in the startup directory on how to use it.

The question is why the other network programs are not auto connecting with this new driver selected?

SimpleWater

#22 Post by SimpleWater »

you both are a great help thank you a bunch. yes those network programs are not really helpful, but the script is mighty fine and auto-booting. :)

(off topic) Just want to warn people not to type "reboot" in the console. I was messing around with the console after reading tutorials. i typed reboot and i really could not figure out what was happening so i killed the power. On reboot it did not load the GUI, but a black screen with text input, like the console. So i thought puppy was done for, but another reboot fixed it.

*just a quick warning for those messing around with console, make sure you not what your doing*

Pelo

Slacko 5.3.3 and wireless

#23 Post by Pelo »

Slacko 5.3.3 and wireless. Slacko 5.3.3 remains my best Slacko, it runs both computers (Acer 2004 and Medion 2012). but wireless is diabling each minute. I will try to change wifi tools as told in your topic.
Frisbee not working is XFCE Carolina Puppet, i was brosing the forum for a solution (ssid not found)
Clasical wizard in wizard get a wireless stable, but Frisbee needs an overhaul.
Eureka ? frisbee solution here perhaps.
Attachments
frisbee.jpg
Frisbee ask questions about ssid, searching an answer
(29.18 KiB) Downloaded 104 times

amigo

#24 Post by amigo »

Necro-posting again, Pelo?:
Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:16 am