Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu 23 Nov 2017, 18:27
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Puli 6.1.0, released April 2017
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 14 of 16 [235 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 Next
Pelo

PostPosted: Wed 17 Aug 2016, 06:57    Post subject: Seamonkey not to be used ?
Subject description: Sorry, i change it.

"1. Puli does not support Seamonkey but Chrome, Iron, Slimjet and Firefox. Means neither the auto-recognition nor the improved security features are configured for Seamonkey in the /usr/local/bin/defaultbrowser or in the /usr/local/bin/defaulthtmlviewer scripts. You can utilize the Firefox part and tailor it for Seamonkey, however. "
Ok so i will remove it. For test i downloaded Griffith from the PPM. All things get well, dependancies too (13MB)
Seamonkey not to be used ? Why ? Firefox will be ok, don't mind.
Elinks is a browser, really ?

gjuhasz

PostPosted: Thu 18 Aug 2016, 10:54    Post subject: Re: Seamonkey not to be used ?
Subject description: Sorry, i change it.

Pelo wrote:
Seamonkey not to be used ? Why ? Elinks is a browser, really ?

As I wrote, neither the auto-recognition nor the improved security features are configured for Seamonkey in the /usr/local/bin/defaultbrowser or in the /usr/local/bin/defaulthtmlviewer scripts Note that additional browser specific scripts are called from there.
You can utilize the Firefox part and tailor it for Seamonkey, however.

Comments:

In the above text, "auto-recognition" means" that after clicking the browse desktop icon, Puli recognizes the highest priority browser among the installed ones and opens it as spot user. For example, Seamonkey can be opened only from the right-click menu and the user rights (root / spot) are based on the (Seamonkey specific) settings of the install package.

"Improved security features" means that Puli provides the built-in security profiles (mild, rigorous, crazy, lazy) for only the supported browsers.

No technical objections against Seamonkey as far as I know.

Elinks (more precisely, Links, see at http://links.twibright.com/) is a minimal-feature-set browser with graphical interface - its visualization reminds me to dillo. The main advantages come from its missing features: you can enjoy the quick response time, the missing advertisements and that it can display the blocked content of some websites Smile

Have fun!

Regards,

gjuhasz
tirdoldog

PostPosted: Fri 19 Aug 2016, 06:00    Post subject: remember network printers  

@gjuhasz: every time I boot I have to reinstall my network printers because of firewall interference. They work fine with the firewall once installed in CUPS but backups or smartsaves are no good for persistance. Do you have this problem? If not can you provide an example for me to use ? I have never manually edited a firewall and could use an example. Firewall genie is only good for one session so does not solve the problem of reinstallation.
gjuhasz

PostPosted: Fri 19 Aug 2016, 08:27    Post subject: Re: remember network printers  

tirdoldog wrote:
every time I boot I have to reinstall my network printers because of firewall interference. They work fine with the firewall once installed in CUPS but backups or smartsaves are no good for persistance. Do you have this problem? If not can you provide an example for me to use ? I have never manually edited a firewall and could use an example. Firewall genie is only good for one session so does not solve the problem of reinstallation.

Dear tirdoldog,

Once you configured the firewall not to interfere with the network printer, you can copy the /etc/rc.d/rc.firewall script to the patch structure of your USB boot device as /patch/etc/rc.d/rc.firewall
Alternatively, if you use your pendrive to boot multiple machines in different environments, you can configure "per-machine" firewalls for them. In this case, copy the per-machine tailored rc.firewall script(s) into the /env-<macaddress> folder(s) instead of the /patch folder.

Have fun!

Regards,

gjuhasz
tirdoldog

PostPosted: Thu 25 Aug 2016, 03:10    Post subject: Re: remember network printers  

@gjuhasz: Thanks for the tip...seems to work now ('Smile')
(see PM)
Pelo

PostPosted: Fri 02 Sep 2016, 22:00    Post subject: Where is my password ?  

Where is my password ? Where did i wrote it ? To enter my pupsave, any Puppy is enough... excepted Puli Exclamation i run xenial, until i found it in my noteboot (pen, paper, still useful beside the computer)
gjuhasz

PostPosted: Sun 04 Sep 2016, 13:11    Post subject: Re: Where is my password ?  

Pelo wrote:
Where is my password ? Where did i wrote it ? To enter my pupsave, any Puppy is enough... excepted Puli Exclamation i run xenial, until i found it in my noteboot (pen, paper, still useful beside the computer)

Dear Pelo,

Your password is stored in the following files in encrypted form:

/etc/passwd
/etc/passwd-
/etc/shadow
/etc/shadow-

If you select Save:smart, then Puli stores these files in /patch/etc/ folder of your boot device.

Read my PM if you forgot your passwd.

Have fun!

Regards,

gjuhasz
Pelo

PostPosted: Sun 04 Sep 2016, 13:29    Post subject: i am running an old Puli ! Don't mind. Old is mature  

i am running an old Puli ! Don't mind. Old is mature, often and faster than young Puppies (that it true for puppies, only)
Pelo

PostPosted: Mon 05 Sep 2016, 01:57    Post subject: Skamilinux information on Facebook  

Puli unmasked on Facebook joined MU the Puppy moderator from Germany as a friend of me, There i am informed of news for Hungarian Puppies
Alice.jpg
 Description   Puli will present Puppy on the web ? What a success it should be, if that were true !
 Filesize   40.96 KB
 Viewed   133 Time(s)

Alice.jpg

Last edited by Pelo on Sat 01 Oct 2016, 07:41; edited 1 time in total
Pelo

PostPosted: Mon 05 Sep 2016, 02:03    Post subject: Puli is a defense dog, i was said by s-kami.  

"The ultimate defense against web attacks. Intended to boot from a USB pendrive"
Would that mean that Puli need defense here and is unmasked in Facebook ? Do we need an avatar on our forum like a war name ?
Nevertheles, i like he hungarian puli... Which is a defense dog, i was said by s-kami. But However, any puppy can destroy my Puli, and edit his sfs. to change it..
You must re-inforce the defense ! Evil or Very Mad

Pelo

PostPosted: Wed 07 Sep 2016, 02:39    Post subject: MTpaint is a strange version  

Puli installed laptop Medion Akoya p7624 without trouble, in spite of zip is different than ISO. It contains Firefox to change elinks, frigthening browser for people not used with it. I never succeeded to get it working.
Version tahrpup 6.0.5 is fast.
MTpaint is a strange version, unusual. What has been changed in it ?
But it works well .

Pelo

PostPosted: Wed 07 Sep 2016, 03:13    Post subject: Puli would of much interest for people in France.  

sure i am sure Puli would of much interest for people in France. But if English is not really a problem for teenagers and their smartphones, our generation born with pup music and flowers in the hair is now around 50, 60 even 70, and does not want to use English. So for them i added the fr language pack. However they speak English not bad at all.
French post in Spanish and Germany forum. Skamilinux-HU promote french Puppies. Thank you for that, hungarian dev !
ForFrance.jpg
 Description   WXmusik, for Puli passengers.
 Filesize   49.51 KB
 Viewed   250 Time(s)

ForFrance.jpg

Last edited by Pelo on Fri 09 Sep 2016, 05:25; edited 1 time in total
gjuhasz

PostPosted: Wed 07 Sep 2016, 18:23    Post subject: Re: Puli would of much interest for people in France.  

Pelo wrote:
So for them i added the fr language pack.

WOW!!! Thank you.

Have fun!

Regards,

gjuhasz
Pelo

PostPosted: Fri 09 Sep 2016, 04:26    Post subject: Video works began yesterday
Subject description: bah video must be done again !

Video works began yesterday, part one being edited using Avidemux 2.5.5.
Caution : i am a poor learning pupil, for your Puli, result will not be in the charts of international movies Smile
topic Avidemux.
II will give you the link to youtube. then you will inform is that is convenient for you. Some puppy builders don't like my tutorials, so i delete them, because in am only training (learning).
Things are going wrong, my video is completely garbled. Confused Firefox updated to version 45, To get YouTube video tools available (titles, annotations, and so on..)
try to upload with firefox 45, sometimes browser is the reason of bad quality.
Video for preview by Puli users. (avant-première, means by VIPs) Clap on the blue.
video.jpg
 Description   Thumbnail Puli
 Filesize   8.75 KB
 Viewed   241 Time(s)

video.jpg

gjuhasz

PostPosted: Fri 09 Sep 2016, 08:26    Post subject: Re: Video works began yesterday
Subject description: bah video must be done again !

Pelo wrote:
Video works began yesterday, part one being edited using Avidemux 2.5.5.
Caution : i am a poor learning pupil, for your Puli, result will not be in the charts of international movies Smile
topic Avidemux.
II will give you the link to youtube. then you will inform is that is convenient for you. Some puppy builders don't like my tutorials, so i delete them, because in am only training (learning).
Things are going wrong, my video is completely garbled. ( ... ) To get YouTube video tools available (titles, annotations, and so on..)
try to upload with firefox 45, sometimes browser is the reason of bad quality.
Video for preview by Puli users. (avant-première, means by VIPs) Clap on the blue.

Thank you, nice video...

Quote:
Firefox updated to version 45

Let me propose to give my firefox453.pet a try. Available as http://smokey01.com/gjuhasz/packages/firefox453.pet
You can smartload it and run it as spot (e.g., by clicking the "browse" icon or from the menu).

Have fun!

Regards,

gjuhasz
Page 14 of 16 [235 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 Next
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Jump to: