Desktop Icons and Fonts

Booting, installing, newbie
DeltaZero

Desktop Icons and Fonts

#1 Post by DeltaZero »

Hello All !! :)
I'm a very newbie of cute puppy linux and linux field, but i had some experiences in bloatfulness windows which now i don't want to use.

Now I installed Puppy 2.1.3 on my notebook. So... I faced some problem as ordinary newbie.

1) My AC97 sound card didn't work. :cry:
2) I can't see VCD movie. But I saw as moving shapes.(My display driver is C&T 69000) :?
3) I don't know how to change desktop Icons. They are too big for me in 800X600 screen resolution. :oops:
4)How can I copy my desktop background pictures to background folder. :roll:
5) I wanna work my some programmes written by Pascal and VB. How can I run? :idea:

Those are some questions of my first experienxe on Puppy and some may coming not too long from now, I think. :lol:

Advance Thanks to all !!! :D

Todd

#2 Post by Todd »

You can add backgrounds by copying your pictures to:

//usr/share/backgrounds/

You can add more fonts to:

//usr/share/fonts/

Todd

WhoDo

Re: Desktop Icons and Fonts

#3 Post by WhoDo »

DeltaZero wrote:1) My AC97 sound card didn't work. :cry:
Make sure you have the zdrv or fulldrivers version of Puppy and run alsaconf from a command line or Start>Setup>Alsa Sound Wizard. AC97 is among the drivers. All you need do is find it. It may be treated as a legacy card.
DeltaZero wrote: 2) I can't see VCD movie. But I saw as moving shapes.(My display driver is C&T 69000) :?
Sorry, can't help with this one. Not my area of knowledge.
DeltaZero wrote: 3) I don't know how to change desktop Icons. They are too big for me in 800X600 screen resolution. :oops:
The icons that ship with Puppy are a fixed size. You can download new icons from http://www.kde-look.org and place them in the /root/.icons directory. They should then be available to use as a second icon them besides the default Rox theme. 32x32 or 22x22 are better on 800x600 screens.
DeltaZero wrote: 4)How can I copy my desktop background pictures to background folder. :roll:
Use drag and drop to place pictures in the /usr/share/backgrounds folder and use Start>Control Panel>Puppybackground desktop image to change.
DeltaZero wrote: 5) I wanna work my some programmes written by Pascal and VB. How can I run? :idea:
??? You need a "guru" here. Linux programs are usually based on C source or something neat like Tcl/Tlk (?). Those programs of yours may run under Wine, a Linux implementation of the Windows API, but I can't be sure that will help. Sorry.
DeltaZero wrote: Those are some questions of my first experienxe on Puppy and some may coming not too long from now, I think. :lol:

Advance Thanks to all !!! :D
Questions are easy. Answers may take a little time. :P

Hope that helps