how many puppy users are there in 2016?

Promote Puppy !

how many puppy users are there?

Poll ended at Sun 01 Jan 2017, 05:16

i am a puppy user
97%
i am not a puppy user (if you want to be counted on here anyway)
3%

Total votes: 68

Gordie

#81 Post by Gordie »

I use Slackware on my laptop but on my little netboot I have FatDog64 installed and I am quite satisfied with how it performs

musher0

#82 Post by musher0 »

learnhow2code wrote:what the heck happened in 2014? does that average out the same as the other years? its like WAY more downloads than usual, then way fewer, then way more, way fewer, etc.
What I know is that ASRI Edu is an educational Puppy used in some French schools.
School terms there are about one month off our North-American school terms
(regular school year there starts in October, for example). Although the sudden
triangular shape of the wave during that period is indeed intriguing.

We should ask member ASRI himself when he returns, no?
~~~~~~~
Joke: Maybe ASRI tried to learn to play oboe during that period, instead of the
flute! :twisted: (Oboe sound waves draw triangles on a graph,
https://www.freesound.org/people/Thirsk/sounds/120994/
whereas flute sound waves draw sines.)
https://www.freesound.org/search/?q=flute&page=3#sound
Last edited by musher0 on Wed 24 Aug 2016, 21:35, edited 1 time in total.

learnhow2code

#83 Post by learnhow2code »

musher0 wrote:Joke: Maybe ASRI tried to learn to play oboe during that period, instead of the
flute! :twisted:
i enjoyed that.
(Oboe sound waves draw triangles on a graph, whereas flute sound
waves draw sines.)
right, right :)

Pelo

Guests... they are so many..

#84 Post by Pelo »

There have been 26758 users online since yesterday :: 131 Registered, 18 Hidden and 26609 Guests
I hope 60 votes ! 61/131 not bad :!:

3736 views.
Guests... they are so many..

learnhow2code

Re: Guests... they are so many..

#85 Post by learnhow2code »

Pelo wrote:There have been 26758 users online since yesterday :: 131 Registered, 18 Hidden and 26609 Guests
I hope 60 votes ! 61/131 not bad :!:
hey, thanks for bumping the thread. i hadnt checked on this in a week, seems like 5 more people clicked on the poll.

i would just count registered users, but every spammer (every single one) is a registerered user.

at some point we should tally the people posting. i can do that automatially, though i dont know how robust the server hosting is (enough for many users for over 10 years.) i downloaded all the listings for beginners help-- that was 60mb-- just for the LIST of posts. i wanted to get the beginners help posts themselves... that would probably be over 1g :( i was too considerate to try it.

Pelo

The Spanish forum here is quite inactive

#86 Post by Pelo »

when 70.000 dowloaders of french ASRI EDU are from France, you can be sure they will not post here in English. They will write in french in ASRI forum, The same for Russian in Puppyrus forum, the same for Hungarian, for Poland, for Italian.
69 registered persons are now on line in Russian forum, 17058 messages about OS Puppyrus PRA or PRA64, 33.000 downloads from sourceforge for this OS..
The Spanish forum here is quite inactive, the same, activity is elsewhere. Pupjibaros are available from Goggle drive and specific website, forum is mainly Facebook
PuppyLinux has gone outside the commonwealth... It's really an International Puppy. Sure All these versions come from English one (The mother). But these Puppies have often only one person here, posting in english (s-kami, pfranz for Hungary, Nilson Morales and Josep2424 for americanos del sur)
Attachments
italiano.jpg
Ils réparent les vieux ordis.
(26.26 KiB) Downloaded 377 times

Elena

#87 Post by Elena »

During annual Linux day, I talked to other enthusiasts, and many know about Puppy, it's quite established in the community.

Maybe with Puppy on ARM, the userbase can be spreadened to the Raspberry Pi or EOMA68 folks (I'm in both groups).

(On a side note, I especially liked the easy install procedure of Jemimah's fluppy: Just put the zip-file on a MicroSD, unzip it - and it boots)

slavvo67

#88 Post by slavvo67 »

Hi Elena:

You may be interest in hearing that Barry's working on Quirky for Pi 2 and Pi 3. Should be interesting to see his final product. He's posted that it's working quite nicely for him.

Best,

Slavvo67

drunkjedi

#89 Post by drunkjedi »

Elena wrote:During annual Linux day, I talked to other enthusiasts, and many know about Puppy, it's quite established in the community.

Maybe with Puppy on ARM, the userbase can be spreadened to the Raspberry Pi or EOMA68 folks (I'm in both groups).

(On a side note, I especially liked the easy install procedure of Jemimah's fluppy: Just put the zip-file on a MicroSD, unzip it - and it boots)
Hi,
I was surprised too when I saw Puppy Linux mentioned in local newspaper here.
It was a small article about what to do when your PC gets old and windows slows down.

Puppy was mentioned at the end as an alternative.
Saying it can do your day to day task easily and much more.

I can post it's pic but have to go through month old news papers.
And besides it was in local language Marathi, I don't think anyone here can read it.

Pelo

they are more downloads than Posts in the forum.

#90 Post by Pelo »

One thing is sure, they are more downloads than Posts in the forum. Lxpup at Sourceforge is 1700 isos downloaded a week. and Tharpup should not be far from it. All Pupjibaros are on Wuala and mediafire,
to count only users posting (users ?) is perhaps 5% of all users.
You need to speak quite fluently English here, and to be a high level (TOEIC 750 at least)
S-kami and Nilson Morales are one user in the forum, but Nilson is the ambassador of the whole South America and Spane. 500.000 users, at least.
For France ASRI is 120.000, only for his Puppy. Sure some people have burnt several time the ISO, but a newbie, not fond of programming, will not burn each version. The Lucid version remains the most downloaded. How many posts do you see here about ASRI EDU ? ?? None :!:

Count downloads is not perfect, but better than clicks Distrowatch

Pelo

It should be equal to 90.000 users, at least.

#91 Post by Pelo »

Tahrpup, Softpedia, 105.000 downloads from ftp nluug. nl..
It should be equal to 90.000 users, at least. Then they are all local puppies (remakes, translated). A lot :)
64 puppy users answered the poll..
Attachments
softpedia.jpg
Only softpedia...
(19.36 KiB) Downloaded 335 times

Pelo

Beware some devs are leaving the boat..

#92 Post by Pelo »

Beware some devs are leaving the boat.. You should count roots too (puppy-builders) !

Pelo

2% are DebianDogs ?

#93 Post by Pelo »

2% are DebianDogs ? or Quirky..
Active Puppy Liux users are at least 300,000 Pls click the blue to give us your statistics

hamoudoudou

Please add usarios argentinos.

#94 Post by hamoudoudou »

Please add 267 usarios argentinos.
Attachments
argentinos.jpg
(48.44 KiB) Downloaded 278 times