Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 26 Nov 2014, 11:30
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » House Training » Beginners Help ( Start Here)
No GUI display, Panasonic toughbook CF-27
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count  
Jock

PostPosted: Wed 10 Aug 2005, 04:45    Post_subject:  No GUI display, Panasonic toughbook CF-27  

I have run the puppy CD on an old Panasonic toughbook CF-27 which has vector linux soho 5.0 on it currently. I seem to be unable to get a useable graphic display on it which with vector is fine at 800 x 600 with 15bpp unfortunately when I select 0x0113 in the more option for vesa setup in puppy I can see a very vague display with vertical lines down it. I have gone through every option of display setting but can get no better than this. Is this something to do with the frame buffering used for the display as I get exactly the same with DSL and Feather linux. Debian sarge also works fine. I would very much like to meke puppy work on this machine as even vector is struggling a bit with its low spec hardware.
Lobster
Official Crustacean

PostPosted: Wed 10 Aug 2005, 05:28    Post_subject:  

Check out BladeHunters Atheros Puppy (August 10 2005)
http://www.goosee.com/puppy/wikka/LatestNews

If anyone can help you he can. However his behaviour is dependent on the phases of the moon (mine is dependent on the tides) At the moment he seems in a good mood so you could be in luck . . .
http://www.murga.org/%7Epuppy/viewtopic.php?p=9034#9034

(Do not mention Atang or MS Wind£$%) Also I would recommend setting up a shrine to his worship if he is successful . . . that should keep him happy

Welcome to the Kennels. Be Kind. Puppys are about.

cygnus

PostPosted: Wed 10 Aug 2005, 11:33    Post_subject:  

I've tried every version of Puppy I could (including Bladehunter's) to get the screen to work properly on my old Compaq Armada 1500c laptop with no luck. I'm getting the same problem you are, just some green and red lines that look like icons and the wallpaper bird, although the console looks fine (same problem with DSL, but Ubuntu live and BeatrIX work fine). If you get anything to work, let me (and the rest of us) know.

PostPosted: Wed 10 Aug 2005, 18:47    Post_subject:  

Any other distro that has a full implementation of XFree or Xorg and you can getting on your machine will work with my latest....

PostPosted: Fri 12 Aug 2005, 08:01    Post_subject:  

Quote:
If anyone can help you he can. However his behaviour is dependent on the phases of the moon (mine is dependent on the tides) At the moment he seems in a good mood so you could be in luck . . .

Please edit to read
Quote:
If anyone can help you He can. However His behaviour is dependent on the phases of the moon (mine is dependent on the tides) At the moment He seems in a good mood so you could be in luck . . .

and

Quote:
(Do not mention Atang or MS Wind£$%) Also I would recommend setting up a shrine to his worship if he is successful . . . that should keep him happy

to

Quote:
(Do not mention Atang or MS Wind£$%) Also I would recommend setting up a shrine to His worship if He is successful . . . that should keep Him happy

Laughing

Also if all the refernces were in bold type I would be so much happier....hahahahahaha
Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count  
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » House Training » Beginners Help ( Start Here)
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum