Canon Pixma iP 100 driver problem

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of printers
dac

Canon Pixma iP 100 driver problem

#1 Post by dac »

Hello all,

I have a printer named above, and I installed the Puppy driver from cups in the Firefox. But it prints out only blank sheets, no text or images. I have tried another drivers too but they don't work even they are for Linux.

What can I do? I am not very experienced in Linux. I frequented an UNIX course in 1987, and I have a UNIX shell-account where I can handle all, but as admin or root I probably cannot work.

Many greetings from Austria (Europe),
Christian
Attachments
4_Errors.gif
Right down the error.
(99.14 KiB) Downloaded 234 times

Semme

#2 Post by Semme »

Hello Christian, if your printer is @ all Linux compatible, this thread should help you..

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=59015
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

dac

Problem persists

#3 Post by dac »

Semme wrote:Hello Christian, if your printer is @ all Linux compatible, this thread should help you..

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=59015
Hello, thank you but I don't think that the printer will run, I followed the instructions. It is printing our sheets but they remain blank.

See you,
Christian

Semme

#4 Post by Semme »

Are these the drivers you installed via the Candi package, or did you try another way first?

http://support-au.canon.com.au/contents ... 19002.html

It's going to be impossible to help without you first describing what you did..
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

dac

Other Linuxes

#5 Post by dac »

Hi, thank you, but they are for Debian and Ubuntu. I think that something has to be edited in a file because it prints, the paper comes out, but blank without text or images.

Best,
Christian

Semme

#6 Post by Semme »

You have yet to tell us the pup you're running. Is it Slacko?

dac

Slacko

#7 Post by dac »

Semme wrote:You have yet to tell us the pup you're running. Is it Slacko?
Yes, it is Slacko. I installed the Puppy driver and tried to install a driver from Canon Austria but for other distributions, and they didn't work. I think that in a system file must be added something because it's trying to print but the sheet is without text.I have no idea. I can handle pico and if it is necessary vi too.

Best regards,
Christian

Semme

#8 Post by Semme »

Don't worry that the downloads are Debian packages.

Grab the items from my link and follow rcrsn51's instructions.

dac

How to install?

#9 Post by dac »

Semme wrote:Don't worry that the downloads are Debian packages.

Grab the items from my link and follow rcrsn51's instructions.
I have installed the candi. I have got a cnjfilter*gzip, and I unpacked it. I clicked on the install.sh but nothing happens. I have turned the printer on. Is still printing blank sheets. the vccrs51 or so I didn't find.

Yours,
Christian
Attachments
Canon1.jpg
uncompressed
(16.02 KiB) Downloaded 155 times
Canon.jpg
what i have got
(18.8 KiB) Downloaded 138 times

dac

Re: How to install?

#10 Post by dac »

I did all at the command-line successfully without any typo. I removed the printer and installed it with the cups again: no result, is printing blank sheets :-(

See you,
Christian

Semme

#11 Post by Semme »

You didn't do it right. Nowhere does *anyone* say this..
I clicked on the install.sh..
Sounds as though you may have tried to install an outside pkg that broke Pup's ability to print with your model before carrying out rcrsn51's instructions. In your reply, *Confirm for me whether this is the case or not.

Then read from this post down and tell us whether this is Slacko32 or 64bit.. I may be able to help you build it the *right* way.
Attachments
candi_done_right-001.jpg
(19.32 KiB) Downloaded 111 times

dac

no effect

#12 Post by dac »

[Hello,

it' Slacko 32bit on an old laptop. I tried to install the .deb packages on the command-line, there was something changed, and the program asked me questions I don't understand. Now the printer doesn't work any more.
Yours,
Christian

Now the printer is unavailable to recieve data. See the pic. I think I will give up, I don't know anybody who is familiar with Linux and can visit me, it would be necessary to show me some basics and advanced knowledges.

All the best,
Christian (lives close to Vienna, Austria, Europe)
Attachments
unable_data_to_printer.jpg
Works no more
(65.82 KiB) Downloaded 235 times

Semme

#13 Post by Semme »

How is Pup installed?

dac

given up

#14 Post by dac »

Semme wrote:How is Pup installed?
Full install on HDD partition with boot-manager. All is working well, only the printer makes problems. - I think I will give up, I will become ill.

Yours,
Christian

Semme

#15 Post by Semme »

Pup didn't take long to install now did it?

You must be young because today's youth has NO patience.

You could A) Run a quick reinstall and show some patience, or B) Give Tahr 6.0.5.CE a spin.

If A, you'll wait for *specific* instructions from me before attempting ANYTHING with your printer.

B might make life a bit easier..

And if you still wanna quit, I won't beat the dead horse.

dac

Given up

#16 Post by dac »

Semme wrote:Pup didn't take long to install now did it?

You must be young because today's youth has NO patience.

And if you still wanna quit, I won't beat the dead horse.
Hello,
I am 57 years old, and I had a UNIX course for normal users in 1987 and since then I am having a UNIX shell-account.

It lasted one week until Puppy Slacko was running properly. I don't have the knowledge to install this printer, but I say a big THANK YOU!

I have customized the desktop a little. This is all I can do until now. I can write letters in Arial font, drag them to the Windows partition and print them out there. No problem. - I am not able to do more.

Regards,
Christian
Attachments
Customized_Desktop.jpg
Changed a little the desktop
(68.22 KiB) Downloaded 244 times

Semme

#17 Post by Semme »

You don't need the knowledge.

You need to follow simple instructions.

So I'll ask again, how long did Pup take to install?

https://s21.postimg.org/x1r8jlr3b/you_t ... _image.jpg

LazY Puppy

#18 Post by LazY Puppy »

@Semme

Your new avatar takes 1/3rd of the screen size (width) of my monitor.
RSH

"you only wanted to work your Puppies in German", "you are a separatist in that you want Germany to secede from Europe" (musher0) :lol:

No, but I gave my old drum kit away for free to a music store collecting instruments for refugees! :wink:

dac

#19 Post by dac »

Semme wrote:
So I'll ask again, how long did Pup take to install?

https://s21.postimg.org/x1r8jlr3b/you_t ... _image.jpg
Hello, I worked for about 10 days on it. Now Abiword is runniing well with some fonts. I make PDFs, transfer them to the Windows drive and print them out there. I think I don't make more, I am quite exhausted.

In winter I will install Puppy on another old laptop with Windows Vista.

So long,
Christian

Semme

#20 Post by Semme »

See you then Amigo!