Slaxen 6.3.2 alpha2 (aug2016) .. Linux experts needed

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
Pelo

Slaxen 6.3.2 alpha2 (aug2016) .. Linux experts needed

#1 Post by Pelo »

allez lui souhaiter son anniversaire ici.
United Kingdom citizens are welcome, but no english spoken on francophone forum :)
French do without french support in most Puppies, see how others will do without english support !
PS / That's not true, french support is a translation of english support, oui il existe !
Attachments
toutou_pf_golden.jpg
Wireless available, laptops feel free !
(11.51 KiB) Downloaded 879 times
Last edited by Pelo on Wed 12 Oct 2016, 18:27, edited 14 times in total.

Pelo

Official site http://toutoulinux.free.fr/

#2 Post by Pelo »

Remplacements (newer) :
mtPaint 3.44.90 nouvelle version
wxMusic 0.4.2 remplace Pmusic
Foxit reader 1.1 remplace avantageusement epdfview
Abiword 2.8.2 (nouvelle version)
Gnumeric1.10.0 (nouvelle version)

Ajouts de (added)
Une série d'utilitaires pratiques de rcrsn51 : PeasyGlue, PeasyScale, Peasyscan, Yassm 2.6, peasyport 2.0
Compression de Don570, un utilitaire pour compresser rapidement des dossiers.
ffconvert 1.4.2
Frisbee 2.6

Toutou welcome here
Attachments
sourceforge.jpg
available on sourceforge, scored 800 downloads a week;
(47.48 KiB) Downloaded 655 times
Last edited by Pelo on Sat 22 Oct 2016, 06:32, edited 2 times in total.

Pelo

Multimedia brand new for Puppies

#3 Post by Pelo »

Multimedia brand new for Puppies
Attachments
biblio.jpg
WXmusik, VlC ...
(38.62 KiB) Downloaded 1619 times

Fossil

#4 Post by Fossil »

A very nice piece of work. Fast, too! If Toutou 436 wants a larger following, might I suggest that it's creator please add multinational support - especially, English! :wink: :lol:

partsman

#5 Post by partsman »

I suggest that it's creator please add multinational support - especially, English!
Yes would be nice to too see English support ! :D
[color=red]Anyone can build a fast processor. The trick is to build a fast system. (Seymour Cray)[/color] :wink:

Pelo

But the english support is the puppy 4.3.1 support !

#6 Post by Pelo »

But the english support is the puppy 4.3.1 support !
only some stuff has been added, the final touch of classical elegance from France to get raw 4.3.1 pleasant, nice
Haute couture, Grand Prix are french words unsderstood all over the world.
and a little bit of translation will not hurt.
The rest of the world is translating english to chinese, russia, spanish arabic... all day long.
Would you mean english speaking people never spoke foreign language ? toutou is french, try it in French.
Some things must keep their touch. In france, we drink whisky 'on the rocks', not avec des glaçons, which would be the translation
Eco Café is a grower-direct, imported gourmet coffee from Costa Rica.
Taste Toutou 4.3.6 as it is, it is a gourmet version.

Pelo

Toutou, seen from Budapest

#7 Post by Pelo »

Toutou, seen from Budapest. s-kami translates french perfectly to explain what is the difference between the raw 4.3.1 and the french touched Toutou from Paris.
Attachments
toutou.jpg
(52.19 KiB) Downloaded 1349 times

Pelo

Palme d'or au festival de Cannes ?

#8 Post by Pelo »

Palme d'or au festival de Cannes ? No, the movie must be improved again. an english version would be fine, Perhaps the Hungarian team will deal with that.
Linux questions did the promotion of the french Slaxen, understanding that the real innovation would come from old europe.
Attachments
PPDA.jpg
The comments are not by a Linux biker !
(22.25 KiB) Downloaded 1176 times

Pelo

Slaxen 6.3.2 on test bench

#9 Post by Pelo »

Slaxen 6.3.2 on test bench, give your opinion, Overseas citizens !
version alpha.
Testers and tasters are welcome

Pelo

New version released august 2016

#10 Post by Pelo »

New version released august 2016 alpha2, click the blue
Attachments
navigateur.jpg
Dillo, but choice available from Toutou Linux shop.
(58.9 KiB) Downloaded 874 times

Pelo

First settings choose your country.

#11 Post by Pelo »

Fossil wrote:A very nice piece of work. Fast, too! If Toutou 436 wants a larger following, might I suggest that it's creator please add multinational support - especially, English! :wink: :lol:
First settings choose your country. Then the french Toutou will speak your favourite English :)
Some errors could appear in menus, please advise esmouguit, the creator
Of course, Toutou Linux is not a simple version of official Puppy, French use it as raw, all stuff added perhaps contains translation errors. But French team was helped by bi-lingual and even English native persons. Errors should not be so many..
Then, we are not better than other devs. Try it and feed back..
Sure, it's not a standard one. For Indiana jones, and other 'walk on the wild side' users
Attachments
antenne.jpg
Australian passengers can surf on the web, on the beach, this winter. Driver available
(43.85 KiB) Downloaded 719 times

kjdixo

#12 Post by kjdixo »

Pelo
New version released august 2016 alpha2, click the blue . . .
Slaxen 6.3.2 on test bench, give your opinion, Overseas citizens !
Thanks for this excellent Distro.
I am using now using it on an ASUS 700 Eeepc 2G surf.
The little netbook (years old and bought second hand) is nice and small and rugged with 3 usb and 1 SD card socket and a blue vga connector to connect an external monitor.
I spent the last 2 weeks distro hopping Puppy, TinyCore, Slitaz and then late last week back to puppy to try the slackware puppy distros.
All the distros so far had little problems mainly lack of the drivers or features that I wanted to work 'out of the box'.
If anything doesn't work I usually get drawn into tweaking, hacking and customising or trying to fix the problem and it isn't always fixable.
My reasons for trying so many (14 discs burned) was that I wanted every single important detail to work flawlessly, with no compromises.
The main ones were:
1. External Screen resolution to be stable (1024x768) and not reverting back to 640x480 at the slightest opportunity. I had hours of fun with other distros going down the 915resolution bios hack route, but in the end it was not ideal.
2. Drivers for external USB WiFi dongle to work. Pelo who is enthusiastic and very active on the forums makes a point of mentioning the usb wifi dongles.
3. Openbox with icons in right click menu (I strip out most of LXDE and only use certain components).
4. Very fast and running in RAM so I won't notice the under resourced hardware.
5. Minimal hacking and customising.
6. I want a travel netbook that is compact and capable.
All I need to do when I arrive at my destination is to find a TV with a vga connector or buy a cheap second hand monitor, just for the trip and leave it behind when I leave.
7. The distro must be identical in appearance to the one I use at home on my main computer.

Well the drivers that I need are all sorted with this distro.
Intel 915 graphics chipset.
USB wifi dongle drivers already installed.
I like to keep RF sources on the end of a 5 metre usb lead preferably behind a metal wall (tin foil or metal filing cabinets).
I use an EMFields Acoustimeter 2 to check WIFi exposure levels.
Anyway I was online straight away with my external monitor (DELL 15") set to 1024x768.
I did have problems installing to USB Flash, I am not sure why, . . . I have made many frugal installs and bootable usb sticks before but it failed here, however because everything else worked I persevered and found another way to make a bootable USB Flash.
In the end I used the https://www.turnkeylinux.org/blog/iso2usb method
"Using isohybrid + dd" on my main desktop PC worked for me.
So basically I downloaded the distro ISO to my main PC and installed syslinux-3.7.3,
I then used lsusb and blkid commands in a terminal to identify drives.
Then I pointed isohybrid + dd at the ISO file and wrote a bootable distro to a USB stick.
Easy peasy . . . I unplugged the USB stick and plugged it into the netbook then set the netbook bios to boot from it as a USB hard drive.
It booted . . . fantastique.
Thanks and I will write more another time.

Pelo

your feed back will be appreciated by our devs

#13 Post by Pelo »

Many thanks, your feed back will be appreciated by our devs ((informed)

hamoudoudou

Fr Slaxen still downloaded a lot..

#14 Post by hamoudoudou »

Fr Slaxen still downloaded a lot.. help (... If needed !) available for it by users in FR forum
Ready for use.. Not to build yourself..
cameroon : ils sont Linux
SlaXen-6.3.2-uefi-beta.iso: 192 M (july 2017)download.tuxfamily.org/toutou/SlaXen-6.3.2-uefi-beta.iso] download.tuxfamily.org
Attachments
afrique.jpg
Now popular in Africa
(34.33 KiB) Downloaded 323 times