Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon 11 Dec 2017, 02:08
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Taking the Puppy out for a walk » Puppy Power
A semi-related question: promoting a band?
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]  
Sit Heel Speak

PostPosted: Sun 21 Jan 2007, 06:17    Post subject:  A semi-related question: promoting a band?
Subject description: Cute name problems, but high energy...

Several Puppy fans have presented our favorite OS to assorted educational ministers and government departmental buyers. For about a year now I've been doing ad hoc computer support for a Seattle "children's educational music" band. They are wondering how best to use the Web to promote their music to educators. And I'm wondering if, somehow, a tie-in might garner Puppy some free publicity. So, I'm thinking what-the-heck, I'll toss the ball out here and ask for marketing ideas both large and small.

The band is called The Tickle Tune Typhoon, they have a website. They give highly popular free summer concerts in local parks, "music for the whole family," featuring costumed dancing figures i.e. a silly dragon, the Earth, and assorted good-for-you-vegetables and others who go out in the audience and interact. Their music promotes environmental and social responsibility, positive self-image and habits, it's so wholesome it reminds me of Puppy--the bandleaders have late-'70's college degrees in early childhood education.

Young kids (some parents too) really dig these concerts, they get up and dance and clap and sing, it's astonishing to behold--very few "real concerts" have this much audience-energy. One of their CD's, "Singing Science," is distributed by Warner Brothers in gift shops at science museums and similar venues all over the US and Canada.

I have a few ideas, but no real clue what is involved in selling to educational markets.

I know that Microsoft is going to distribute Vista over the Web, so there surely is a secure way to distribute music to schools, or to education product expo's, over the Web...can we somehow promote Puppy on this band's coattails?

Ideas along absolutely any lines are invited.
ecomoney

PostPosted: Fri 26 Jan 2007, 08:56    Post subject: Puppy Music  

Hi SHS

Ecomoney have recently been contracted to set up a few music production and multimedia facilities using puppy. I have to rush out now, but here are a few ideas off the top of my head.

70mb leaves plenty of room for songs (in ogg format). You could make a disc with extra material that will boot a computer in puppy (edupuppy) and have a slideshow, pictures and extra songs all in a native puppy format. Maybe include a copy of gcompris if its going to schools, its excellent software!. Audacity would be a good one to include for recording.

We have found applying for grants to be a nightmare from start to finish, better the school applies for the grant to set music projects up and contracts you to implement any solutions.

bye for now

Rob (Ecomoney)

Sorry, my server is down atm!
Sit Heel Speak

PostPosted: Sat 27 Jan 2007, 03:56    Post subject:  

Yes, thanks! That is so very simple, and yet is the kind of thing which just hadn't occurred to me.

Anyone else?
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]  
 Forum index » Taking the Puppy out for a walk » Puppy Power
Jump to: