America At War With Itself

For stuff that really doesn't have ANYTHING to do with Puppy
greengeek

#41 Post by greengeek »

Trouble is - if I have too much chile it makes me peru and then I spend too much time on the bogota.

nubc

#42 Post by nubc »

@ musher
I would not eat deer these days. Deer often carry a variant of mad cow disease. My guess why: During Winter, when food is scarce, deer eat cow dung, thereby contracting the indestructible mad cow prion. It's probably illegal to even suggest such a thing in Texas, due to beef product anti-disparagement laws.

Of course, I would also not eat deer because I'm a vegan.

rokytnji

#43 Post by rokytnji »

Texas is the land of anthrax in the soil.

But you do not see billboards advertising that fact.

https://stateimpact.npr.org/texas/2013/ ... t-anthrax/

There are no vegetarians in the desert (human ones). Cabrito tacos taste like beef and are good. Tripita burritos are spicy and chewy. Caldo Reyes with Sopas and honey are comfort food as well as Gorditas.

I guess we could scramble up some Pazole without meat for Nubc with some Bollilos.
No sour cream or butter though for vegetarians. Hard to find soy products in the desert.

Our dishes are way too spicy for greengeek.

No wonder the USA is at war with itself. We have no locally available preferred comfort food for when
company shows up. Everybody has their their Druthers. It's Chaos I guess for all of us.
:lol:

Time to fire up my electric corning-ware coffee pot in the motorcycle shop.
Good thing the world today has a way for me to make some of this, this morning.
Being of peasant stock. I like mine dark and sweet. :wink:

The leftovers go on ice in a pitcher, for when the temp goes up later into the 80F.

LazY Puppy

#44 Post by LazY Puppy »

musher0 wrote:On the other subject, I agree that muezzin calls and ringing church bells should remain in their respective countries of origin.
Yes, and anti-semitic people should remain living their lives in anti-semitic countries of origin.

Instead they are now several times assembling in the streets of Germany, calling out: Hamas, Hamas, Juden ins Gas.

You are a troll, musher0 - of course in a sense of the term troll how it is very much used in this here forum.

You are saying the muezzin-call should remain in its country of origin (this is already one point the German AfD is requesting) but it looks to me like you just quoted this
musher0 wrote:right out of a neo-Conservative right-wing handbook.
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 816#909816
(in the middle of the post)

Probably quoted from the AfD's political program? :lol: :wink:
RSH

"you only wanted to work your Puppies in German", "you are a separatist in that you want Germany to secede from Europe" (musher0) :lol:

No, but I gave my old drum kit away for free to a music store collecting instruments for refugees! :wink:

labbe5

an all-out war on decency

#45 Post by labbe5 »

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/4 ... p-movement

Is America on the brink of authoritarianism?

Social media has been a boon for many extremist groups finally able to express themselves ad nauseam and address a large audience, all over the world.

In the US, the Alt-Right movement is aiming to stiffle the right to think and speak publicly, and US journalists are on the front line in this battle. Trump is the general overseeing his troops in this battle over decency and democratic rights. Isn't he who said he admires Poutine?

That is one of the first and most ominous sign of a trend toward authoritarianism in the US.

Karl Godt

#46 Post by Karl Godt »

Texas is the land of anthrax in the soil.
For Europe that state is called "Sweden" : http://outbreaknewstoday.com/sweden-ant ... gion-75557
Last night we had dinner at a local Italian restaurant and i ordered a ribeye steak with creamy mushrooms
That dish I would order in a German restaurant an it is called "Jägersteak" , "Jägerschnitzel" , "Holzfällersteak with Pilzrahmsoße" or probably in a French restaurant.
No wonder since German Food is called "Kebab" nowerdays, that the Pizza baker Mafiosi are in trouble to serve anything else ..
What is a "conservative movement" today and was in the past ?
https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2016 ... ecome.html
«Give me GUI or Death» -- I give you [[Xx]term[inal]] [[Cc]on[s][ole]] .
Macpup user since 2010 on full installations.
People who want problems with Puppy boot frugal :P

labbe5

Trump a softer Duterte?

#47 Post by labbe5 »

http://www.eastasiaforum.org/2016/05/08 ... ilippines/

Wanting to be the strong man of America, is Trump a softer version of Duterte, the Philippine President?

We can draw troubling parallels between the two :

Despite robust economic growth during the past six years of the Aquino presidency, the middle class suffers from a lack of public services, horrendous land and air traffic, persistent corruption and fears about the breakdown of peace and order. They see the poor receiving conditional cash transfers, while the rich profit from public–private partnerships, and feel short-changed.

This follows a global trend towards neo-authoritarianism — autocrats seeking electoral mandates to undermine recently restored democracies.These include Vladimir Putin of Russia, Abdul Fattah Al-Sisi of Egypt and Prayut Chan-o-cha of Thailand. Neighbouring Indonesia had a close call recently when one of the most repressive generals of the Suharto dictatorship, Prabowo Subianto, nearly won the 2014 presidential elections. Brazil is also undergoing some nostalgia for military dictatorship amid the impeachment charges against President Dilma Rousseff. This trend indicates that many newly democratic countries have failed to consolidate democratic institutions.

The country is seeing the emergence of what noted sociologist Randy David calls ‘Dutertismo.’ According to David, ‘calling Duterte a fascist would probably not mean anything to the average Filipino. If at all, it might focus inordinate attention on the man himself and the dark charisma he projects, when what is needed is to understand the movement he has given life to and the collective anger and despair it represents.’

In our intertwined world, what happens at one end of the world can have political impact at home, including a trend toward neo-authoritarianism.

rokytnji

#48 Post by rokytnji »

Trump aint president yet.
I've been to Subic Bay back in the day decades ago.

It was a mess then also
. So nothing changed much there.
Communist rebels in the jungle back then would kidnap off the street and kill you later on if you were not careful.

You really need to travel more to really get a handle for on the ground problems.
Instead of counting on the internet and fear fear fear typing.

Besides. No mention of China building islands out by the Philippines.
No mention of the constant hurricane damage that stresses the common person
in the Philippines. No mention of overpopulation on a set of islands with limited resources, not able to support
such a large mass of humanity.

Which just goes to show

Most people who are activists and are concerned about issues get their information from sources which reinforce their opinions and give them the facts that they want to hear.
While leaving out facts they do not want to hear. So they can reinforce their point of view.

I'm glad my parents did not raise Sheeple. Edit: But then. My parents were victims of fascists.
8)

greengeek

#49 Post by greengeek »

Interesting interview with Roque de la Fuente (a Democratic candidate) talking about alternatives other than Hillary and the Don:
https://www.rt.com/shows/redacted-tonig ... ion-fraud/

EDIT : He makes some pretty strong claims about vote tampering (after voting) depriving himself and Bernie Sanders and other candidates from their legitimate vote totals.

bark_bark_bark

#50 Post by bark_bark_bark »

For the democratic primary Bernie technically did get the most votes, but HilLIARy some how got the nomination; Kind of sad really, because Bernie is so much better of a candidate and person than her.

labbe5

a time to reflect on the man who could be next US President

#51 Post by labbe5 »

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/arc ... mp/480771/

The Atlantic magazine has a very good article about the man who could be next US President, titled : The Mind of Donald Trump.

Only a few days left to think about the crossroad that US citizens are facing, to play it safe with Hillary, or taking an unknown risk with maverick Trump, and by extention the shaping of the world that will result from this choice.

greengeek

#52 Post by greengeek »

bark_bark_bark wrote:For the democratic primary Bernie technically did get the most votes, but HilLIARy some how got the nomination;
If the things de la Fuente said in that interview I linked are actually true then I can see how they got Hillary to be the candidate - however I don't understand how such a tactic could go unchallenged and unscrutinised.

TyroBGinner

#53 Post by TyroBGinner »

Yeah, going with Hillary is really playing it safe.

labbe5

Federal judge : climate lawsuit can proceed

#54 Post by labbe5 »

http://www.ecowatch.com/climate-change- ... 7-86077785

Activists, aged 9 to 20, are confronting President Obama, numerous federal agencies and the fossil fuel industry in an historical lawsuit.

"My generation is rewriting history," said Xiuhtezcatl Martinez, a 16-year-old plaintiff and youth director of Earth Guardians. "We're doing what so many people told us we were incapable of doing: holding our leaders accountable for their disastrous and dangerous actions. I and my co-plaintiffs are demanding justice for our generation and justice for all future generations. This is going to be the trial of our lifetimes."

Yes, we can! a generation later.

greengeek

Re: Federal judge : climate lawsuit can proceed

#55 Post by greengeek »

"We're doing what so many people told us we were incapable of doing: holding our leaders accountable for their disastrous and dangerous actions"
Interesting article - but extremely sad that the "disastrous and dangerous actions" refers to the production of CO2.

CO2 does not drive climate change. It lags the changes by roughly 500 years. It is a symptom of change, not a cause of change. Mankind cannot stop the world's climate from changing.

- Unless of course people would like a continuation of the "Starfish Prime" nuclear modification of the magnetosphere or salting of the inner atmosphere with Barium etc as has been trialled over California and other nearby areas. Better to let nature do it's thing without that sort of interference.

Earths history has had periods of ice encroachment, ice retreat, and everything in between. The sea levels have changed dramatically - both up and down - and will do so again.

Blaming CO2 is a waste of breath.

greengeek

#56 Post by greengeek »

In light of Trumps inauguration I wonder what the next four years holds for the US in terms of upholding or ditching the constitution - particularly in terms of the effect on free speech which is an important component of any true democracy.

Just read an interesting review of the Pete Santilli situation which comments on the efforts of some to confound scrutiny and accurate reporting:
http://freepetesantilli.com/Feds-Jail-R ... utcry.html

What happens in America affects the rest of the world to quite a substantial degree so it will be interesting to see where Trump takes the mood of the country.

bark_bark_bark

#57 Post by bark_bark_bark »

Well Trump has been pretty much openly against free speech.

Moose On The Loose

#58 Post by Moose On The Loose »

greengeek wrote:In light of Trumps inauguration I wonder what the next four years holds for the US in terms of upholding or ditching the constitution - particularly in terms of the effect on free speech which is an important component of any true democracy.
I will list the bad things I think may result:

Perhaps you are thinking about the wrong long term outcome. For a long time I have had the question about whether the USA really makes sense as a nation. Various folks in Texas have been threatening to take the state out of the union when things don't go their way. The west coast and the north east have basically nothing in common with the middle of the nation and yet they subsidize the middle with their tax dollars. The two groups don't like each other very much. If the US was a marriage, I would say a divorce looks fairly likely.

I see this divide as stronger even than the sexism and racism. There are economic drivers pushing it towards getting worse. With both sexism and racism, generally, the economics are against the bias.

In the short term, I expect that if there is another terrorist attack or the like, the US will again invade the wrong country. War with Russia looks unlikely even via a proxy war. War with China looks more likely via some sort of proxy war. Japan is likely to have to build up its military. If you are from any other asian nation, this is a cause for fear. Europe will be largely on its own because the US will be too much of a loose canon.

Net neutrality is at risk because you have to read something longer than a tweet to know why it is needed.

Drilling for oil and gas and fracking and digging up coal will increase. All the green energy projects will have to sink of swim against industries that can externalize costs. Other places will be where the new technology gets developed. It will be a repeat of what happened with the super collider in TX vs the LHC being in Europe.

The financial industries will be deregulated again. We can expect a crash like 2008 at some point. The only country I can think of that came through that well was Canada. I suggest folks in Europe look at what the laws were in Canada at that time and figure out why they insulated them from the disaster.

Medical science and biology in general will suffer because it is hard to do either when creationism is what you were taught in "science" class in high school.

The US's deficit will balloon. In general republicans are deficit hawks until the day they get power. We can expect US interest rates to rise to try to halt the inflation this is likely to cause. A lot of this money will be spent on new and improved buggy whips for the military so the spending won't have much of a boosting effect on the economy.

The SA on the GPS system may be turned on again. Im sure the switch still exists.

bigpup

#59 Post by bigpup »

bark_bark_bark wrote:Well Trump has been pretty much openly against free speech.
Give specific examples.

All I have seen is he is against reporting false information and twisting what was said or done into something it was not.

Example:
He wants to take the health care away from 20 million people.
They always seem to leave out the part about:
and replace it with something that works.
Do it in a way that coverage just changes, from one to the other system, with no break in being covered.
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

bigpup

#60 Post by bigpup »

Various folks in Texas have been threatening to take the state out of the union when things don't go their way. The west coast and the north east have basically nothing in common with the middle of the nation and yet they subsidize the middle with their tax dollars.
Normal in America since it was founded.
Nothing new here.
Well, we did do that Civil War thing.
The two groups don't like each other very much.
You seem to be the one that feels this way.
I and others I know sure do not!!!!
Oh, I just did one of those what you could have said, done, think, etc... things!
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)