PLUG?

Promote Puppy !
babbs

PLUG?

#1 Post by babbs »

I think my moderator status should be revoked - I seem to have typed over this inadvertently - really sorry Babbs :(

Lobster
Its off to the pot of boiling water for you Lobster... Let me see if I can remember what I wrote... :shock:

------------------

I am curious to know if anyone has identified a large enough local concentration of Puppy users to form a local Puppy Linux User's Group (PLUG).

I belong to the Northern Virginia Linux User's Group (http://novalug.tux.org/), and trying to get them to be serious about Puppy seems to be about as easy as convincing someone to change religions. They seem to consider it too light weight (thinking of Feather or DSL) to be used for real.

I'd be interested in hearing success stories about converting LUG members to Puppy, and how your success stories came to be.

(Well, that's pretty close to what Lobster deleted...)
Last edited by babbs on Thu 11 Aug 2005, 08:54, edited 1 time in total.

Bancobusto

#2 Post by Bancobusto »

I'd be curious to see that as well. Myself I don't belong to any LUG's, and am about to embark on a cross country move... so, hopefully there will be a good group of people wherever I end up. That's a shame that they won't take the Puppy seriously... Though it may work to Puppy's advantage. You know, everyone always underestimates the little guy, until it's too late :)

#3 Post by Guest »

Why don't you just make a 500MB file full of random data make a new iso and then give them a copy of the "new improved iso" and see what the take is...

But too light to do what job ?

hahahahahahaha

Somehow the word hand jumps into my head.......

There's a TISM song that springs to mind......

Whatareya......

Anyway it's their loss and we can see their ignorance

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#4 Post by Lobster »

. . . or Pug
Puppy User Group

We are kinda the distributed Pug / Plug. The strange thing is as soon as Puppy looks serious it will be taken seriously.

I use it every day. If others prefer Linux bloatware or closed systems such as Vista, that is fine with me. It is a bit like the Puppy submarine group. People did not want to use Puppy - because it does not sound serious. It seems they were able to rely and adapt Puppy very well.

The version of Linux I also use every day is called "Linux Tmxxine". How is it different to Puppy on which it is based? Well it is designed for Open Source Time Travel and the main difference is in the background wallpaper.

http://peace.wikicities.com/wiki/Tmxxine_Linux
8)

My psychiatrist assures me I am serious.

Also I agree with BladeH - call it Edge Design Puppy . . . Just remember things and people are not successful on the basis of merit.

Babbs - I posted this message into your message :oops: (sorry - I am a moderator and can do that) Your message is now from me - My apologies.

Basically your ex-message Babbs proposed the Idea of PLUGS or Puppy Linux User Groups and asks if any one could set one up and also how your local Linux group was not interested in Puppy because it was too cute for them . . .
Last edited by Lobster on Thu 11 Aug 2005, 09:19, edited 1 time in total.
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

babbs

#5 Post by babbs »

I'll live with the deletion...

I continue to beat the drums for Puppy. :D I've had much better success converting coworkers.

raffy

Go to the frontier

#6 Post by raffy »

Or be a true pioneer and go to the frontier - to those people who have not tried Linux yet... Even WinXP users with machines less speedy than 2 Ghz will be glad...

If only I could get HP1300N to print via the USB port :(
Puppy user since Oct 2004. Want FreeOffice? [url=http://puppylinux.info/topic/freeoffice-2012-sfs]Get the sfs (English only)[/url].

babbs

#7 Post by babbs »

Many of my friends and coworkers have never used the "dreadid linux thing" before they got a copy of Puppy from me. Its growing on them as they realize just how much they can really do without M$.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

Re: Go to the frontier

#8 Post by Flash »

raffy wrote:If only I could get HP1300N to print via the USB port :(
Have you tried it in all the USB ports in your computer?