Problem accessing some .PUP files

Using applications, configuring, problems
Bruce B

Problem accessing some .PUP files

#1 Post by Bruce B »

I can download some .PUP files but not others.

Mplayer for example I can't download - I get a don't have permission error.

???

Rhino

#2 Post by Rhino »

I had a simliar problem last night using my new 1.02-Mozilla version of puppy. I think I may have been using Firefox though. I restarted the browser, logged in here (don't think that did anything ;-) ) and then I got the pups just fine.

Rich

#3 Post by Rich »

same thing happened to me a couple of times.
it's something to do with not being logged in to the site . Open a browser and log in to where you are downloading from, then try it again.

Rich

GuestToo
Puppy Master

#4 Post by GuestToo »

the admin of the forum sets the access permissions for files that have been uploaded to this forum

when i upload a dotpup file, i usually login, upload the file, put a link on the wiki page, then test it by downloading it and running it ... but since i'm already logged in, i didn't notice any problems

the access seems to have been changed so that the dotpup links on the wiki page seem to work ok now ... i am not the forum admin, so i personally have no control over how it's setup

Flash
Official Dog Handler

Re: Problem accessing some .PUP files

#5 Post by Flash »

Bruce B wrote:I can download some .PUP files but not others.

Mplayer for example I can't download - I get a don't have permission error.

???
Sorry, I didn't realize you meant from the forum or I would have replied earlier. Someone else posted yesterday that they got a "don't have permission" error when they attempted to download from the forum. I pointed it out to JohnM (the forum administrator) yesterday evening in the Puppy chat room and he fixed it.