Startup Bug in Slacko5.7 eeePC spins [SOLVED]

Please post any bugs you have found
8Geee

Startup Bug in Slacko5.7 eeePC spins [SOLVED]

#1 Post by 8Geee »

Something happened to the mini-eee and EONS spins I have for SLacko5.7.
Right now the problem is that the burneed ISO is loaded using Puppy Universal Installer

All defaults are chosen as usual
When done, the Shutdown DOES NOT run the USB config for save-file
This indicates Pupmode 5 , and the puppy does not save.
Upon the restart, there is no first-run interface, Puppy just loads the desktop in "depmode", this also indicates pupmode 5.
A shutdown at this point follows through the USB-config for save-file
As expected it behaves normally, and pupmode changes to 13.
Subsequent booting finally gets the layered filesystem "next boot will be faster".

Note: the Plain eeePC spin did not experience this behavior, and proceeds normally, as expected.

My first (and only guess) is that when I did the openssl migration, the links in /etc didnot copy to the remaster... my resolution was to copy /etc to tmp/etc during next remaster attempt (that did solve that problem).

Is there a startup script that needs tweaking here?

Regards
8Geee
Last edited by 8Geee on Tue 14 Feb 2017, 16:13, edited 1 time in total.
Linux user #498913 "Some people need to reimagine their thinking."
"Zuckerberg: a large city inhabited by mentally challenged people."

Sailor Enceladus

#2 Post by Sailor Enceladus »

I made a Slackware 14.0 build with woof-ce today, which should have latest 14.0 openssl. I ended up getting bored after and deleting it then booting back into 6.9.6.4, I should have tested if the savefile creation worked first so I could reply to your post about if I experienced anything similar. Maybe I'll try to build 14.0 again tomorrow then to see... unless you beat me to it. :)
Last edited by Sailor Enceladus on Sat 08 Apr 2017, 00:15, edited 1 time in total.

8Geee

SOLVED

#3 Post by 8Geee »

Fixed old-school style and loaded older version of eons2017, then updated, then cleaned it up. Delta to mini is easy, just remove files in /opt and /root/.softmaker.

A note here this is marked SOLVED, but there are new updates to Slackware that need attention including openssl 1.0.2k. In fact I've decided to release new spins labled with "d" suffix.

Regards
8Geee
Linux user #498913 "Some people need to reimagine their thinking."
"Zuckerberg: a large city inhabited by mentally challenged people."