mixxx 1.9

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
NateIsobar

#21 Post by NateIsobar »

Hi

I realise this is an old topic but when I try to access the dependents i receive an error message.

Any ideas?

666philb

#22 Post by 666philb »

hi natelsobar

for the .pet to work on slacko you will need to install 'jack' from the PPM
Bionicpup64 built with bionic beaver packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=114311
Xenialpup64, built with xenial xerus packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=107331

mini-jaguar

#23 Post by mini-jaguar »

Interesting, I couldn't get it to work in Lucid 528 or 3 Headed Dog, but it works in Exprimo even without installing the deps. Also works in Precise.

mini-jaguar

#24 Post by mini-jaguar »

I couldn't get it to work in Lucid 528 either, but I found a hack to get it to work in Slacko.

First of all, you need an older Slacko, I used it 5.3.3. Older versions like 5.3.1 should work, but I tried 5.6 and had no luck.

Start without a save file.

You need some kind of qt for this, I tried the 4.7.3 and 4.8.2 .sfs, as well as a 4.7.3 .pet. I would expect other versions like 4.8.0 to work as well, I haven't tried them though.

You need the Audacity 2.0.1 .pet, it works on all the Puppy 5 versions I've tried and is a great version of Audacity, even if it's not that new.

There is a Kdenlive 0.8.3 .sfs for Slacko, you need to install this for some video codecs, although it will not be functional once you install the mixxx .pet. Just make another save file if you want to edit videos with it.

Then just install the mixxx .pet, and that's it. I don't think it really matters what order you install all of this, but you have to have all these programs for mixxx to work.

Then you can make a save file, and perhaps make duplicates of it so you can test what other .pets you can add without screwing something up.

mini-jaguar

#25 Post by mini-jaguar »

Also got it to work with Slacko 6.3.2, but you have to install the jack 121.3 .pet and the Jack control panel does not work.

Alternatively with 6.3.2, you can install portaudio instead if you install the Mixxx for Exprimo.

Either mixxx .pet works with Exprimo though.