Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sun 26 Mar 2017, 16:48
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff)
Fatdog64 Contributed Packages and SFS
Page 11 of 11 [158 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 9, 10, 11
step

PostPosted: Mon 06 Mar 2017, 16:21    Post subject:  

@jake29, thanks.
@smokey01, nice app, thank you. Have you figure out a way to import notecase files into cherrytree?

smokey01

PostPosted: Mon 06 Mar 2017, 19:27    Post subject:  

step wrote:
@jake29, thanks.
@smokey01, nice app, thank you. Have you figure out a way to import notecase files into cherrytree?

Yes, click on import and select notecase file Laughing

step

PostPosted: Tue 07 Mar 2017, 06:32    Post subject:  

smokey01 wrote:
Yes, click on import and select notecase file Laughing
You're my god!
jamesbond

PostPosted: Sat 11 Mar 2017, 07:53    Post subject:  

Upload Java JDK 8u121, get it from SFS Manager or from here: http://distro.ibiblio.org/fatdog/sfs/710/. It is listed in 710 but it's actually version-agnostic and can be used by earlier versions as well.

EDIT2: I have re-uploaded the 4.4.52-rt63 kernel. This kernel is configured for low-latency work, such as audio recording etc. It is patched with rt (real-time) patches, and is configured for PREEMPT_RTB (Basic RT). This is somewhere between "low-latency" kernel and "fully preemptible". The fully preemptible kernel - which I uploaded previously - didn't work; it was too unstable and had unpredictable lockups too often for comfort.

It's here: http://distro.ibiblio.org/fatdog/kernels/710 and as above (from SFS Manager). Guide to replace kernel: http://distro.ibiblio.org/fatdog/web/faqs/kernel.html

Gobbi

PostPosted: Wed 15 Mar 2017, 15:47    Post subject:  

This is
Xfce4-4.10-x86_64-710.sfs - sha1 : 0b6031397f2aeb16a6a2357caa4eaebf118b8b9c
More than half of it , it's from the repo , so you might have perl,gstreamer,gvfs and some libraries loaded already . No gtk3 . I separated the locales from the main sfs . I borrowed from puppy community and I thank for XfcePowerTools , pup-volume-monitor , window manager switcher and the shutdown-gui script .

First of all : Once loaded and started , I couldn't unload the sfs ; in terminal I got "Device or resource busy" . Do make a backup of your savefile or try it with no savefile Exclamation
To start - after loading the sfs , right-click for menu : Desktop -> A WM Switcher .
After starting Xfce you will see warnings , because sven already takes care of some keybindings . To get rid of warnings you should choose which program should take care of those keybindings : right-click on sven's icon from the panel or Xfce Menu -> Settings -> Keyboard -> Shortcuts .
I suggest to install at least one more icon theme , for instance gnome icon theme from the repo is a valid one . I made some initial settings and put in a few plugins and apps.
A separate tarball for locales with packages in it :
Xfce4-4.10-nls-x86_64-710.tar.xz - sha1 : c543421f4e603b5de2d8ed5fbb70172e4d4e0577

I have chosen Xfce4-4.10 because I had problems with Xfce4-4.12 . The icon theme I could change it only manually with no GUI , editing /root/.gtkrc.mine file . Only from Change theme GTK theme chooser from Fatdog's Control Panel I was able to change themes and Xfce4-4.12 it's fatter too : it also loads gtk3 and deps , gstreamer2 and its plugins .
step

PostPosted: Sat 18 Mar 2017, 14:42    Post subject:  

Recent uploads for Fatdog64-710:

All my package uploads: see the link in my signature.

WillM

PostPosted: Fri 24 Mar 2017, 13:45    Post subject: Aisleriot Solitaire  

aisleriot-3.12.1-x86_64.sfs
md5sum: cdcbd3638faf3588d4486386dd6e7b4f

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B4wlewvEGCtKZ0tYclNqNEV4NkU?usp=sharing
step

PostPosted: Today, at 04:41    Post subject:
Subject description: rxvt-unicode_perl 9.22 with 256 colors and extensions

Rxvt Unicode 9.22 (perl). If you are a console hound this package should appeal to you. It's the urxvt terminal with support for 256 colors, and pre-configured with perl extensions for named tabs, clickable URLs, on-the-fly font resizing, scroll buffer text search, and more. Install from package manager. It installs into /usr/local so it coexists with the base urxvt package. Perl 5.20.00 is required for installation and use. You can either install perl from the package manager, or load the devx sfs, which includes perl (recommended).

This package appends a section to your ~/.Xresources file. After installing start /usr/local/bin/urxvt and test the new features:

• C-A-s - search backwards in the scroll buffer. Up/Down Arrow keys jump to the next match. Escape exits search mode.
  • C-Up and C-Down - enlarge/shrink the font size. Tip: resize with unmaximized window then maximize it.
  • C-/ (slash) - show current font info.
  • C-= (equal) - select default font (applies to current tab).
  • S-Down - open new tab (repeat for more). To close the window close individual tabs with C-D or "exit".
  • S-Left/Right - switch to previous/next tab.
  • S-Up - rename tab, Escape exits, Enter renames.
  • Ctrl+middle-mouse button - display urxvt option menu.
  • Ctrl+right-mouse - display clipboard menu (first select some text in the terminal).
  • Clickable URLs are automatically highlighted. Clicking starts "defaultbrowser" (configurable in ~/.Xresources). To create test material type echo http://murga-linux.com/puppy and press Enter. Click the output.
  • C-A-u - search URLs in scroll buffer. Up/Down jumps to previous/next match. Enter activates browser on current match. y copies match to clipboard. More key bindings in ~/.Xresources.

The base rxvt package supports 88 colors only - which isn't bad. However, many good color schemes need 256 colors, especially if you want to use - without complications - the same color scheme in your terminal and in some graphical applications.

Page 11 of 11 [158 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 9, 10, 11
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff)
Jump to: