DebianDog64 - 64 bit DebianDog-Jessie

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
rufwoof

LXDE weather plugin

#441 Post by rufwoof »

I haven't tried it in DD64, however in Debian Jessie stable the panels Weather plugin doesn't work.

I have found a workaround however

(Tip, lxde panel can be restarted using lxpanelctl restart)

fredx181

#442 Post by fredx181 »

Hi dancytron,

Added info in the First Post for your Debian Dog Chrome Remaster, you did a great job on that and I feel a bit ashamed I didn't test your build earlier. My compliments for your secure way of running google-chrome from 'cat' and 'puppy' user
I'm more used to Firefox and my past experiences using google-chrome were that it's heavier than Firefox, but comparing nowadays with the latest Firefox it seems not to make any difference anymore, So I'm starting to like Chrome :)

Fred

rufwoof

chvt

#443 Post by rufwoof »

Just found a neat tool. If you apt-get install kbd then as part of that chvt is installed. For systems that have ctrl-alt-fx (where fx is one of the F1 to F7 function keys) ... that switches between consoles/sessions, running the command chvt 1 (for Ctrl-Alt-F1), chvt 7 (for Ctrl-Alt-F7) works the same.

I have a restricted user login (that I allocated a userid of ff and group of ff, and where its home folder is at the top of the partition and all other folders exclude ff group access (I also assigned that to use rbash (restricted bash)). I use that for browsing (and kodi/skpe ...etc), just in case. I do have a script to launch programs in restricted shell mode, however that can be a problem for sound not being heard, switching over to the desktop/session is more complete. Pressing ctrl-alt-Fx each time to switch between users/sessions was inconvenient however, having a desktop icon and using chvt command to make the switch is a lot easier to use :)

EDIT : Problem. The restricted shell is limited from running su or sudo and chvt needs to be run as sudo/su. The solution was to create a script to do the chvt command and then apt-get install shc and shc -f scriptname ... to convert it to a binary and then SUI that binary after chown root (chown scriptname root and then shc -f scriptname ... which produces a file with a .x suffice (executable), which if you chmod u+s filename.x sets the SUID i.e. runs as the owner (scripts with SUID wont work with the suid bit set, only binaries work).

Code: Select all

root@debian:/usr/local/bin# cat CHVT-7
#!/bin/bash
chvt 7

root@debian:/usr/local/bin# ls -l CHVT*
-rwsr-xr-x 1 root ff      20 Apr 16 22:51 CHVT-7
-rws--x--x 1 root staff 9488 Apr 16 22:40 CHVT-7.x
-rw-r--r-- 1 root staff 9305 Apr 16 22:40 CHVT-7.x.c
root@debian:/usr/local/bin#
Now have a CHVT-7.x binary, owned by root with SUID set so when the user (ff in my case) runs it ... it runs as root and switches to the 7th console (main system desktop).

UPDATE : ... Ahh!. No it doesn't work. I was running as root when I tested it. When run as ff it "Couldn't find a file descriptor referring to the console"

rufwoof

#444 Post by rufwoof »

@Fred. Security hat on ... and I can now see why the overlay folder has to be unmounted to be 'seen' ... otherwise a normal/restricted user would be able to see and copy files in that folder. Without sudo access they can't unmount it to see any system wide changes.

A similar applies to seeing the filesystem.squashfs. If it can be seen, it can be copied and that copy moved to another machine to get at its content, such as /etc/shadow.

As you know I frugally boot with everything in the 'save file' (partition) and forward-time will make a conscious effort to leave the main filesystem.squashs empty (so not much use as-is even if copied). That way the individual file/folders permissions hold.

I appreciate that DD is somewhat in limbo/dead, but the same/similar might also hold for XenialDog.

dancytron

#445 Post by dancytron »

fredx181 wrote:Hi dancytron,

Added info in the First Post for your Debian Dog Chrome Remaster, you did a great job on that and I feel a bit ashamed I didn't test your build earlier. My compliments for your secure way of running google-chrome from 'cat' and 'puppy' user
I'm more used to Firefox and my past experiences using google-chrome were that it's heavier than Firefox, but comparing nowadays with the latest Firefox it seems not to make any difference anymore, So I'm starting to like Chrome :)

Fred
Thanks.

Chrome has always seemed a little bit lighter to me. I always turn off the "run tasks in background" in the settings.

That and it runs Netflix.

rufwoof

#446 Post by rufwoof »

I run root in console only, a user of 'user' for gui with raised permissions .. for general admin and the store for private docs and a user of 'ff' (allocated to its own unique group of ff) for general stuff (browsing ...etc.) that has restricted access ... no su i.e. /etc/pam.d/su has a entry

auth       required   pam_wheel.so deny group=ff 
no sudo, is assigned restricted shell (rbash) instead of full shell (bash) ...etc.

I boot from sda1 (ext3), store home on sda2 (ext3) and have a hang-over ntfs partition (sda3).

As per the attached I've been changing permissions around and came across a useful ntfs mount command. When mounted with that permissions command/parameter it enables you to set file/folder permissions of ntfs based files/folders in a linux like manner. I also play movie files under the ff user and accept that account having access to the ntfs partitions MOVIES folder, but not to anything else on that partition.

I've done similar on sda2 where home is at the top level and within that are user and ff folders, but where user folder is set to be inaccessible by ff. All other folders are beneath MAIN are also set to be inaccessible to user/group ff ('others').

I've also changed the main sfs (filesystem.squashfs) to be read/write permissions only for root, so that user ff can see the file, but can't copy/access it (otherwise a hacker could copy that to their own system and extract the content).

So for general messing around/browsing I use that ff userid (I run LXDE so have a entry of autologin-user=ff in /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf so by default the system boots into that userid), but Ctrl-Alt-F6 and login as 'user' also (that is almost like a gui root account) ... that can copy files to/from within ff's home folder to the user home folder if so desired (i.e securely stored should some hack manage to break out of the browser/programs that ff is running). I can then Ctrl-Alt-Fn switch between user and ff as required during a session.

Better (and working) security configuration potential along with multi-user is one of the primary benefits as I see it of the Dog's over the Pup's :)
Attachments
s.jpg
(80.21 KiB) Downloaded 584 times

rufwoof

Security vulnerabilities fixed in Firefox ESR 45.9

#447 Post by rufwoof »

Security vulnerabilities fixed in Firefox ESR 45.9
If you manually update, Debian's just rolled out a updated Firefox-ESR that fixes a number of potentially exploitable crashes.

apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
Description

Mozilla developers and community members Christian Holler, Jon Coppeard, Marcia Knous, David Baron, Mats Palmgren, Ronald Crane, Bob Clary, and Chris Peterson reported memory safety bugs present in Firefox 52, Firefox ESR 45.8, and Firefox ESR 52. Some of these bugs showed evidence of memory corruption and we presume that with enough effort that some of these could be exploited to run arbitrary code.

dancytron

#448 Post by dancytron »

Not quite sure if this is a bug or a feature, but I noticed something when doing a quick remaster on my Stretch 64 remaster.

When it comes time to go and delete the extra files before it squashes them into the squashfs file, if I click on sda2 in the file manager, it takes me to /mnt/live/mnt/sda2 and the .../tmpa directory appears empty. But, if I go the long way via the filesystem to /mnt/sda2/stretch64/live/tmpa, then the files for the remaster are there as expected.

See screenshots attached.

Dan
Attachments
debdog-20170423160320.jpg
(41.88 KiB) Downloaded 479 times
debdog-20170423160247.jpg
(63.38 KiB) Downloaded 471 times

rufwoof

#449 Post by rufwoof »

Debian Jessie standard (command line only) LiveCD iso, installed filesystem.squashfs frugally. Updated, installed xorg, openbox and tint2 .... and booting in less than 15 seconds :) (Operationally it's really quick).

fredx181

#450 Post by fredx181 »

dancytron wrote:Not quite sure if this is a bug or a feature, but I noticed something when doing a quick remaster on my Stretch 64 remaster.

When it comes time to go and delete the extra files before it squashes them into the squashfs file, if I click on sda2 in the file manager, it takes me to /mnt/live/mnt/sda2 and the .../tmpa directory appears empty. But, if I go the long way via the filesystem to /mnt/sda2/stretch64/live/tmpa, then the files for the remaster are there as expected.

Dan
Hi Dan, sorry for the delay, yes that might look strange but it can be explained.
The aufs branch mountpoint (used by quick-remaster) is not on /mnt/live/mnt/sda2/.. but on on /mnt/sda2/.., in my case on /mnt/sda6/...

root@stretch64:~# mount | grep tmpa
none on /mnt/sda6/dd64stretch/live/remaster/tmpa type aufs (rw,relatime,si=7e1aee1c95b5f8e5)
root@stretch64:~#

It's the result of the earlier found porteus-boot "double mountpoints" bug
I made change in initrd1.xz that should also fix the problem you found here
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 604#950604
and hopefully the double mountpoints problem in general, new initrd1.xz:
https://github.com/fredx181/StretchDog/ ... initrd1.xz

@ rufwoof, looks nice your openbox setup!

EDIT: dancytron, I noticed in your chrome-remaster that /etc/fstab is not empty.
It was mistake from the beginning from me, fstab should be empty otherwise there may be problems when someone makes a full install

Fred

rufwoof

#451 Post by rufwoof »

fredx181 wrote:@ rufwoof, looks nice your openbox setup!
Thanks Fred.

I did try using just xorg with openbox on top for a while, quite nice, but minimised notifications were out of sight so I added tint2 so that there is a visible panel/notification bar.

Tint2 has some nice qualities. For instance I'm now running two, the main panel and another as a desktop switcher (top centre) that's transparent and when you hover you see the (and can click to switch to that) program. For a lightweight it packs a powerful punch ... highly configurable. I did have a quick look at openbox pipe menus, where for instance a menu choice when hovered over pops out a function such as a current local weather overview or mail ... or whatever. But haven't got very far with that as of yet.

New to me is that rather than using / union in persistence.conf you can specify particular files/folders only to be persistent. filesystem.squashfs and the persistence space (partition in my case) need to reflect each-other, but for instance I have just /home in persistence.conf now so only changes under /home are preserved (browser bookmarks, calendar, configuration ....etc), everything else isn't (freshly rebooted). Alongside that I also have a boot as though full install - grub4dos menu.lst chains to grub menu.lst (all changes preserved ... good for applying updates/kernel upgrades); And a pure read-only frugal (filesystem.squashfs only) boot choice ... which is good for testing things out and losing/un-doing all the changes upon shutdown/reboot. With my more common boot choice being the save changes in /home only.

I've set the MENU key (like the WIN/Special key, but on the other side of the spacebar) to pop up the openbox menu, or the usual right click of desktop also brings it up. I've just added a menu button (bottom left) to also launch it so it looks more like a 'standard' desktop. I've yet to rearrange all of the menu content (using obmenu) to my liking, but getting there and its looking nice and running really well.

Its different to my prior debian (I rebuilt this from a command line jessie standard livecd filesystem.squashfs) as kodi plays sound on all desktops and all terminals. For instance if I ctrl-alt-F3 and login to a new session I can still hear all of the sounds playing across all of the desktops (which is my preferred choice). With Jessie LXDE switching to another console/terminal session resulted in the sound being contained only to the single session that it was running in (ctrl-alt-f3 and the sound was no longer heard unless you ctrl-alt-f7 or whatever back to the original session where the sound was being played). I don't know why there's a difference, perhaps something that LXDE installs makes pulseaudio perform differently. Nonetheless, I'm happy :)
Attachments
s1.png
(135.47 KiB) Downloaded 1020 times
s2.png
(149.83 KiB) Downloaded 1022 times

dancytron

#452 Post by dancytron »

fredx181 wrote:
dancytron wrote:Not quite sure if this is a bug or a feature, but I noticed something when doing a quick remaster on my Stretch 64 remaster.

Dan
Hi Dan, sorry for the delay, yes that might look strange but it can be explained.
The aufs branch mountpoint (used by quick-remaster) is not on /mnt/live/mnt/sda2/.. but on on /mnt/sda2/.., in my case on /mnt/sda6/...

root@stretch64:~# mount | grep tmpa
none on /mnt/sda6/dd64stretch/live/remaster/tmpa type aufs (rw,relatime,si=7e1aee1c95b5f8e5)
root@stretch64:~#

It's the result of the earlier found porteus-boot "double mountpoints" bug
I made change in initrd1.xz that should also fix the problem you found here
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 604#950604
and hopefully the double mountpoints problem in general, new initrd1.xz:
https://github.com/fredx181/StretchDog/ ... initrd1.xz

@ rufwoof, looks nice your openbox setup!

EDIT: dancytron, I noticed in your chrome-remaster that /etc/fstab is not empty.
It was mistake from the beginning from me, fstab should be empty otherwise there may be problems when someone makes a full install

Fred
Installed the new initrd1.xz. It appears to have fixed both issues. Thanks.

I'll look at the chromeremaster and fix the fstab issue sometime (I don't see any great urgency since I am not sure anyone is using it.).

rufwoof

#453 Post by rufwoof »

Sub 15 second boot time !!!! :)

Debian Jessie standard ... added xorg, openbox, brightside (hot corners), skippy-xd (window selector), stalonetray (as the notification/systray that I've set openbox to store in a top left dock that autohide the wicd, skype, orage etc. systray icons). NO tint2 or lxpanel ...etc (no panels at all).

Short Video

I've set openbox configuration Margins to have 2 pixels width on the far left screen edge so that when any window otherwise fills the entire screen I can still mouse over to the left screen edge and right-click to bring up the menu.

100% pure debian except for skippy-xd and kodi (well kodi is still debian, but a backport). Using the Main repositories only (no contrib or non-free).

rufwoof

#454 Post by rufwoof »

DD64 ... using the latest Debian Jessie kernel ... seems to work fine.

Stripped out Palemoon and Tint, added stalonetray (set to be in the bottom right)...and weighs in at a 165MB main sfs filesize.

rufwoof

dash vs bash

#455 Post by rufwoof »

Debian Jessie amd64 livecd standard (command line only)

Added xorg, jwm, rox on top of that and booted into gui.

Added pcmanfm .... etc. on top of that. Bloating out the main sfs to around 1GB (video editing software, kodi .... etc.).

Installed a copy of gtkdialog taken from DebianDog64.

Set it to use bash instead of the default dash

dpkg-reconfigure dash
and booted frugally ... 17.8 seconds boot time reported by systemd-analyze. With dash it takes 16.6 seconds. A problem with dash however is that not all puppy type scripts will run (dash is smaller/faster ... but more limited). Image is for booted using dash, but reset using dpkg-reconfigure dash to use bash (hence bash being reported when screenfetch is run)

7% slower boot time (1 second or so) using bash ... I can live with as a cost, when the benefit is you can run puppy programs/scripts such as pdvdrsab

(clickable thumbnail images)

I have tried standard (command line) with just jwm and pcmanfm and letting pcmanfm take care of desktop icons (desktop, volume management and file management) [jwm taking care of the panel, tray and menus]. However pcmanfm's desktop management isn't that good, rox is better for that IMO. A combination of jwm taking care of menus/panel/tray, rox taking care of the desktop (icons), and pcmanfm for file and volume management ... is a great combination IMO. I've set that up to just use a single jwm config file (.jwmrc) rather than puppy style of having a number of files/folders.

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<JWM>

<!-- **********  ROOT MENU **********  -->

<!-- The root menu, if this is undefined you will not get a menu. -->
   <!-- Additional RootMenu attributes: onroot, labeled, label -->

<RootMenu height="15" onroot="12">
      <!-- <Program icon="terminal.png" label="Terminal">x-terminal-emulator</Program> -->
      <!-- <Program icon="lxterminal.xpm" label="Terminal">x-terminal-emulator</Program> -->

<!-- #DEBIAN (left as a example)
         <Program icon="firefox.png" label="Www Browser">gnome-www-browser</Program>
         <Menu icon="folder.png" label="Applications">
            <Program icon="editor.png" label="Dia">dia</Program>
            <Program icon="video.png" label="Xine">gxine</Program>
         </Menu>
         <Menu icon="folder.png" label="Utilities">
            <Program icon="calculator.png" label="Calculator">xcalc</Program>
         </Menu>
      -->

<!-- Debian Menu -->
      <Include>/etc/jwm/debian-menu</Include>

<Separator/>

<Program label="Reboot" icon="reboot.png">sudo systemctl reboot</Program>
      <Program label="Power Off" icon="poweroff.png">sudo systemctl poweroff</Program>
      <Restart label="Reload jwm" icon="restart.png"/>
      <Exit label="Exit" confirm="true" icon="exit.png"/>

</RootMenu>

<!-- **********  GROUPS **********  -->

<!-- 
        Program groups allow one to specify options which apply
        to a group of programs by their name and/or class
        See : https://joewing.net/projects/jwm/config.shtml#groups
   -->

<Group>
      <Class>Pidgin</Class>
      <Option>sticky</Option>
   </Group>
<!--
   <Group>
      <Name>gkrellm</Name>
      <Option>nolist</Option>
      <Option>sticky</Option>
   </Group>

<Group>
      <Name>xterm</Name>
      <Option>vmax</Option> --> <!-- maximises vertically --> <!--
      <Option>icon:terminal.png</Option>
   </Group>
-->

<!-- ********** TRAY **********  -->

<!-- Additional tray attributes: autohide, width, border, layer, layout -->
   <!-- <Tray  autohide="off" insert="right" x="0" y="-1" border="1" height="28" > -->
   <Tray  x="0" y="-1" height="28" autohide="false">

<!-- Additional TrayButton attribute: label -->
      <TrayButton label=" JWM ">root:1</TrayButton>
      <TrayButton label="__">showdesktop</TrayButton>
      <TrayButton popup="Terminal" icon="lxterminal.xpm" border="true">exec:lxterminal</TrayButton>
      <TrayButton popup="Files " icon="files.png" border="true">exec:pcmanfm</TrayButton>
      <TrayButton popup="Sound " icon="sound.png" border="true">exec:pavucontrol -t 3</TrayButton>
      <!-- pavucontrol tab 3 (output) -->

<!-- Additional Pager attribute: labeled -->
      <Pager labeled="false"/>

<TaskList maxwidth="2560"/>

<Dock/>

<!-- Additional Swallow attribute: height -->
      <Swallow name="xload" width="32">xload -nolabel -bg black -fg red -hl white</Swallow>

<Clock format="%a %d %b %Y %H:%M">xclock</Clock>

</Tray>

<!-- ********** Visual Styles **********  -->

<WindowStyle>
      <!-- <Font>-*-fixed-*-r-*-*-10-*-*-*-*-*-*-*</Font> -->
      <Font>DeJaVu Sans -9</Font>
      <Width>4</Width>
      <Height>20</Height>

<Active>
         <Text>white</Text>
         <!-- <Title>#70849d:#2e3a67</Title> -->
         <Title>gray30:gray60</Title>
         <Outline>black</Outline>
         <Opacity>1.0</Opacity>
      </Active>

<Inactive>
         <Text>#aaaaaa</Text>
         <Title>#808488:#303438</Title>
         <Outline>black</Outline>
         <Opacity>0.5:0.9:0.1</Opacity>
      </Inactive>
   </WindowStyle>

<TaskListStyle>
      <ActiveForeground>black</ActiveForeground>
      <ActiveBackground>gray80:gray90</ActiveBackground>
      <Foreground>black</Foreground>
      <Background>gray90:gray50</Background>
   </TaskListStyle>

<!-- Additional TrayStyle attribute: insert -->
   <TrayStyle>
      <!-- <Font>DeJaVu Sans -9:bold</Font> -->
      <Background>gray90</Background>
      <Opacity>0.75</Opacity>
   </TrayStyle>

<PagerStyle>
      <Outline>black</Outline>
      <Foreground>gray90</Foreground>
      <Background>#808488</Background>
      <ActiveForeground>#70849d</ActiveForeground>
      <ActiveBackground>#2e3a67</ActiveBackground>
   </PagerStyle>

<MenuStyle>
      <Font>DeJaVu Sans -10</Font>
      <Background>white</Background>
      <ActiveForeground>white</ActiveForeground>
      <ActiveBackground>#98B9FF:#98B9E2</ActiveBackground>
      <Opacity>0.85</Opacity>
   </MenuStyle>

<PopupStyle>
      <Font>DeJaVu Sans -10</Font>
      <Outline>black</Outline>
      <Background>#F5F5B5</Background>
   </PopupStyle>

<!-- ********** ICON PATHS **********  -->

<!-- you can specify multiple IconPath's for each location where icons are stored -->
   <IconPath>/usr/share/pixmaps</IconPath>
   <IconPath>/home/user/.icons/ROX/MIME</IconPath>

<!-- ********** TWEAKS **********  -->

<!-- Virtual Desktops -->
   <!-- Desktop tags can be contained within Desktops for desktop names. -->
   <Desktops width="2" height="1">
      <!-- 
           Default background. Note that a Background tag can be
           contained within a Desktop tag to give a specific background
           for that desktop.
       -->
      <!-- <Background type="image">/export0/images/formulae.jpg</Background> -->
   </Desktops>

<!-- *** MOUSE *** -->

<!-- Double click speed (in milliseconds) -->
   <DoubleClickSpeed>400</DoubleClickSpeed>

<!-- Double click delta (in pixels) -->
   <DoubleClickDelta>2</DoubleClickDelta>

<!-- *** WINDOWS *** -->

<!-- The focus model (sloppy or click) -->
   <FocusModel>click</FocusModel>

<!-- The snap mode (none, screen, or border) -->
   <SnapMode distance="10">border</SnapMode>

<!-- The move mode (outline or opaque) -->
   <MoveMode coordinates="off">opaque</MoveMode>

<!-- The resize mode (outline or opaque) -->
   <ResizeMode coordinates="off">opaque</ResizeMode>

<!-- ********** STARTUP ********** -->

<StartupCommand>/home/user/.config/autostart/startup</StartupCommand>
   <!-- 
        <StartupCommand>for i in $HOME/.config/autostart/*.desktop;do if [ -f $i ];then $i;fi;done</StartupCommand>
        Due to a bug xdg-open and exo-open open the desktop as a text file, still not fixed as of 2017 
   -->

<!-- ********** Key bindings ********** -->

<Key key="Up">up</Key>
   <Key key="Down">down</Key>
   <Key key="Right">right</Key>
   <Key key="Left">left</Key>
   <Key key="h">left</Key>
   <Key key="j">down</Key>
   <Key key="k">up</Key>
   <Key key="l">right</Key>
   <Key key="Return">select</Key>
   <Key key="Escape">escape</Key>

<Key key="Menu">root:1</Key> 
   <Key keycode="107">exec:/usr/bin/mtpaint -s</Key>  <!-- PrtScrn launches mtpaint screen capture -->

<Key mask="A" key="Tab">next</Key>
   <Key mask="A" key="F4">close</Key>
   <Key mask="A" key="#">desktop#</Key>
   <Key mask="A" key="F1">root:1</Key>
   <Key mask="A" key="F2">exec:gmrun</Key>
   <Key mask="A" key="F10">maximize</Key>
   <Key mask="A" key="Right">rdesktop</Key>
   <Key mask="A" key="Left">ldesktop</Key>
   <Key mask="A" key="Up">udesktop</Key>
   <Key mask="A" key="Down">ddesktop</Key>

</JWM>
That has a relatively bare jwm menu list, but that links in the Debian menu ... so debian takes care of the dynamics of any changes in that menu (as programs are added/removed).
A nice feature of pcmanfm is its inclusion of a Applications menu item, which is a great alternative to using a menu to locate a particular program ... and that also dynamically reflects any changes.

The astute might notice how in the above .jwmrc file I had to set it to run a startup script rather than running all .desktop files in a particular folder ... as xdo-open doesn't execute those .desktop files and instead just opens them as text. Looking at the debian bug lists that's been a outstanding bug since 2012 !!! Part of the Debian way is only to fix security issues once a release enters 'stable' and given its timescales that can mean 'cosmetic' bugs can be around for a long long time :( The upside is that being stable (fixed-as-is other than security updates) makes it extremely 'stable' (known, understood, work-arounds can be documented/implemented). With Debian supporting Jessie up to 2020 for instance, that xdo-open issue might have been around for 8 years by that time.

==================================================================

On another front ... redshift - that turns down the blueishness of the screen at night. Yesterday evening I was using the PC at sunset and noticed the decline in blue/increase in red and on opening redshifts 'info' you could watch the degree of change second my second as the sun-set. .... Cool! :)

fredx181

#456 Post by fredx181 »

Re-opened again because I agree with this:
mcewanw wrote:As I say, all dogs are community projects; no-one can ask for that work to be locked or deleted without agreement from the other contributors.
Fred

fredx181

#457 Post by fredx181 »

For 32 and 64 bit versions (fork of DebianDog) based on Debian 9 (Stretch), see here:

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 770#959770

Fred

zagreb999

unetbootin-installers

#458 Post by zagreb999 »

regards...

in debiandog and xenialdog noone of installers -unetbootin,
etcher, usb creator... do not work correctly.

just work selfinstaller from inside of iso.

can somebody from xenialdog32 with unetbootin install

debian9 iso for example???

thanks.

backi

#459 Post by backi »

Why not just copy and install live or casper folder to installation-medium and use Grub4dos with appropriate menu.lst entry ?

dancytron

#460 Post by dancytron »

Universal USB Installer has always worked for me. It is a windows program though. https://www.pendrivelinux.com/universal ... -as-1-2-3/