Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri 22 Sep 2017, 11:19
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Taking the Puppy out for a walk » Suggestions
Can we add 64bit or 32bit in the subjects of pet downloads?
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]  
slavvo67

PostPosted: Thu 20 Apr 2017, 18:40    Post subject:  Can we add 64bit or 32bit in the subjects of pet downloads?  

Not sure if anyone else gets disappointed when they see a pet they want to install from the forum and after installing, determine it's the wrong version (i.e. 64 bit on 32 bit Puppy or vice-versa).

Anyway, I thought it would be nice if people start putting that in the subject to help distinguish between the versions or maybe 32/64 when both are in the thread..

Just a thought.....

Yikes! Sorry, Flash. I think this belongs in the Suggestions category. Please move at will.

Slavvo67
tlchost

PostPosted: Thu 20 Apr 2017, 22:27    Post subject: Re: Can we add 64bit or 32bit in the subjects of pet downloads?  

slavvo67 wrote:

Anyway, I thought it would be nice if people start putting that in the subject to help distinguish between the versions or maybe 32/64 when both are in the thread..

Slavvo67

Gads man...common sense....you WILL be punished.
Flash
Official Dog Handler

PostPosted: Thu 20 Apr 2017, 23:04    Post subject:  

Actually this has been suggested before and discussed at length. Basically it's up to the people who create .pets to label them. Unfortunately there is no checklist for them to follow. It would take me, for example, a lot of time to determine if a .pet that has been posted to the forum is for 32 or 64 bit, etc.. To be honest, I'm not that interested. But if someone whom I trust wants to suggest a better subject line for a .pet in the forum, I'll be glad to consider revising it.
slavvo67

PostPosted: Sat 22 Apr 2017, 10:40    Post subject:  

Hi Flash:

Not suggesting that you undertake such an ordeal. I was just suggesting that people be a bit more alert to this when posting. It's obvious, when posted under a certain puppy or derivative but not always the case in categories such as documents, games, etc....

Anyway, I just wanted to bring the topic out, again. Just really requesting courtesies of users.

Best,

Slavvo67
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]  
 Forum index » Taking the Puppy out for a walk » Suggestions
Jump to: